How do you grow Meme Trees?

I can't figure it out :(

I'm in Hina’s Backyard, I can see the two islands where the trees should grow. I have a full meme liquid ball thingy when I check my Meme Panel - but I can't see the option to start to grow a tree :confused:

I was thinking I would have to point the cursor at the island and it would give me the option, similar to unlocking sonobuoys, but nothing.

I can see where they're supposed to be from this picture.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1427/sbackyard.jpg

Help please! :)

Thanks for the reply Terminator. I'd already seen that and unfortunately that asks if you have to grow all of them and how much Meme juice it will take. I haven't been able to grow one yet.

Actually, I think that was Jaytech who is on these forums too. I'll send him a pm!

You have to just waste time, generally like 5 minutes for each one to grow. Any time spent doing singers, in my experience, does not count towards that 5 minutes.

EDIT: Oh you mean to start growing them? Maybe you have to progress a little farther into the story? You can start growing them by hitting the square button or something like that on the island. Start searching around the 2 little hills (where the picture shows them growing above) and you should be able to grow one.

I've completed all main quests and have one last side quest to finish.

Maybe I need to complete that side quest before it lets me grow the trees :think:

I'll go back to the 2 little hills and search around while mashing all the buttons. Maybe I'll get lucky :rofl:

edit - I've completed all the quests and still nothing. There's no sign of any trees to start growing :(

The only thing I can think of is that I need to upgrade the Dolphin completely. I need about half a dozen upgrades to finish the second page

Edited by Kahuna

You shouldn't have to mash any buttons anyway, you should see some information popup when you are ready to do it.

ha I wasn't being serious about mashing the buttons. Well not that serious anyway :p

WOOHOO fully upgrading the Dolphin unlocks a message and part of it tells you about the Meme Trees! I went back to Hina's Backyard and there was a little tree to grow :dance::dance::dance::dance:

mods can lock this now if they want to