XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 05-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
Hitchcocker

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Default How hard are Aquanaut's Holiday trophies?

As per thread title. Am planning of getting this from Play-Asia. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Pixeljunk Shooter
Hitchcocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:30 AM   #2
AstralBlades

Awards Showcase Gold Submission   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Coincidentally, I ordered this from PlayAsia last week, so I should have it fairly soon. I can report back and let you know how hard it was to get the trophies, if you want.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:07 AM   #3
Cauchy

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   2,500 Posts   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Helping Hand   Bright Idea!   I Beat the Staff!!!!   A+ Thread Award   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

Irrespective of Hitchcocker's desires, I'd like to know how this stacks up. Specifically, I'd like to know if the English subtitles are sufficient to navigate the game properly.

P. S. If you'd like to sell the game after you're through, you hava a potential buyer -- me.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
bleeds

the game sucks, without a guide it would do your head in, its actually a faily long plat, i still havent got the plat tho. the story takes about 8-10 hours then you have to play a simon says game with 20 fish and each one takes roughly 1 hour maybe more using a guide as believe me later on you wont remember the inputs, then after your bored out your brain doing all that your gonna have to find every fish, its like finding a needle in a haystack.yes it is easy beacuse you cant die but its so boring....good luck guys.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
AstralBlades

Awards Showcase Gold Submission   I Beat the Staff!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauchy-Schwarz View Post
Irrespective of Hitchcocker's desires, I'd like to know how this stacks up. Specifically, I'd like to know if the English subtitles are sufficient to navigate the game properly.

P. S. If you'd like to sell the game after you're through, you hava a potential buyer -- me.
Sure thing, I'll let you know about the subtitles. I usually don't sell my games, though...sorry.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
MHael

The trophies aren't that bad, provided you have a guide for all 20 levels of each of the 20 singing fish. Without a guide, you're beeeter off putting an ice pick in your ear.
Filling out the fish guide isn't that bad, aside from trying to find sea slugs.

However, if you google the Japanese Wiki (google translates), not only will you fin the singing fish guide, but pictures and instructions (kinda) on how to find everything.

I got my copy an NCSX.com. They were sold out at Play-Asia when I was looking for a copy. NCSX is very reliable, based out of New York and will ship your product out on the day that you order it IF you order before 3pm.

All blank friend requests will be denied and deleted.
MHael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:36 AM   #7
Samhain

The subtitles are decent enough though the translations have a tendency to over use "well . . . " at the end of just about everything from your player.

As for the trophies, as mentioned by others the Simon says aspect does get a little old. That's where you've got to have a guide. I was thinking about doing some translations on the one I found and adding pictures of the fish.

Trying to find all the fish can also be a hassle. While you can break things up by section so that you can see what you haven't found, there are some I've never run across so I'm not sure if they are time released, based on finding other fish or if they are in some obscure spot that I just haven't checked.

Blank friend requests will be ignored!
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
MainComptonese
Banned

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   1,000 Posts   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Gold Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

I am currently playing the Japanese Version ... and , the only thing is ; the game is time consuming on the Aqua Library . Each Singer takes me 30 minutes with Skip Feature & EXCEL Singer Guide (10 hours on the 20 total Singers).

However , i would say 40 hours is the average time frame , but definitely not difficult , to achieve platinum .
MainComptonese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:34 AM   #9
Jaytech

Awards Showcase The Silver Lining   2,500 Posts

if you have a chart for the singing minigame it's easy. just finding everything takes a long time ~30hrs.

Jaytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #10
Onyxthecat

I thought the game was awesome especially if you like the ocean. It was very time consuming but in the end, I think it was worth it.

Platinum - Aquanaut's Holiday l Assassin's Creed 2 l Afrika
Onyxthecat is offline   Reply With Quote