|October 5th, 2013, 05:38 PM||#1|
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Apocalypse Map Pack - Trophy Guide and Roadmap
Apocalypse is the final add-on batch to Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It features four multiplayer maps and one zombie map, Origins. As with previous downloadable content in Black Ops II, all of the add-on Trophies are zombie-based only.
Origins, the final chapter of the Call of Duty Zombie saga, paradoxically, takes us to where it all started, where the original four (Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo and Richtofen) met in the trenches of Northern France towards the end of World War I, in 1918. At a much younger age and with less experience, fate unites these four men with the unknown (to them) purpose of ending the Zombie cycle. The events here predate all other zombie events - and for a purpose, too.
Samantha, the puppeteer and orchestrator of the zombie world, is back at the helm of the Aether, but now she needs your help to release her from this space-time paradox that set her back to a time that predates her. While this is the first time, chronologically, that our four original heroes battle against zombie hordes, it is also the last. They join forces, under the auspices of Samantha, to break the cycle from its core. If unsolved, the paradox will snowball into a downward spiral that will beget the chaotic zombie saga; from Der Riese’s disruption of space-time continuum via teleportation experiment, to Samantha’s assumption of control over zombies from the Moon, to her arrogation and usurpation by Richtofen. This would precipitate in the launch of mass destruction missiles, by Maxis, that scorch the Earth and usher in the undead to swarm the lands. Even with the “new” four characters who survived the spoliation of their world, Earth would still meet its end as Maxis destroys the entire world at the end all to get back with Samantha. Samantha brought the original four together tackle the Origins of this paradox.
Indeed, this is both the beginning, and the end.
Origins, by design and mechanics, exhibits the hallmarks of previous World at War and Black Ops zombie maps, and as such differs greatly from the previous maps of Black Ops II, insofar as there are no persistent perks (“perma-perks”), no banks to store your progress and no storages to keep your weaponry. Those used to the “luxuries” of the recent maps will be find Origins a difficult adjustment, where the gameplay is reliant on skill only and constantly requiring starting from scratch every time. The map’s layout is also reminiscent of previous games. It starts in a room with Quick-Revive and diverges into two pathways that converge at a crosspoint and then sprawls into an intricate landscape. The design does take some getting used to, and the buildables are scattered across the map, requiring the player to know it by heart.
However, this map also includes new features. There will be Giant Robots roaming the lands, new enemies to tackle, buildable weapons in lieu of a Wonderwaffe, melee upgrades and few free stuff to be dug using the shovel. All of those also play a role in your journey to unlock all Trophies.
Speaking of Trophies, the Easter Egg and other miscellaneous Trophies vary greatly in difficulty. The Easter Egg here, the main Trophy in every Zombie DLC, will take up to 20+ rounds to complete (though it can be done as early as round 16). While, surprisingly, none of the Trophies require luck, many of them, especially the Easter Egg, require a lot of skill, kills and diligence to unlock. Origins, in that regard, is the ultimate test of your Zombie-slaying skills without any reliance of luck. But with the absence of the luck and randomness factors come the predictability and consistency factors that make things much simpler -- but not easier -- to carry out.
So sit back, arm yourself and dive into the trenches to fight the hordes of the undead for the “first” - and last - time.
Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; October 21st, 2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Editorial Sweep
|October 5th, 2013, 05:39 PM||#2|
Little Lost Girl
In Origins, release Samantha
This'll unlock upon completing the Easter Egg.
The Easter Egg CAN be completed solo but it is difficult to pull off and extremely time consuming to the point that, once you secure strong weapons and melee, it will be during higher rounds when they will not be as effective. Furthermore, Step 3 can be very difficult to pull off solo (but still possible). As such, for all the steps I recommend four players to get more but weaker zombies at earlier rounds. The steps for both solo and co-op are the same, with certain tweaks at Step 3.
Before you start tackling the Easter Egg, you need to set it up. In addition to the usual rule of Jugger-nog + good setup, you need to do these early on (third setup can be done later but it’s advisable to do it early on):
• Build all four staffs, (See “Playing with Power” Trophy for instructions).Now, onto the Easter Egg proper:
1. Step One - “Secure the Keys”: For this step you need to build AND upgrade all staffs. To do those, read “Playing with fire" and “Master wizard” Trophies, respectively. Once complete, Samantha will blather on and ends her speech, discouragingly, with “this is step one.”Here is a video explaining the steps:
Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; October 21st, 2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Editorial Sweep
|October 5th, 2013, 05:40 PM||#3|
Not a Gold Digger
In Origins, share a dug up weapon
In this zombie map, two new elements are introduced, “shovel” and “dig sites.” You need to use the shovel to unearth a weapon that a co-op partner picks up.
In the spawn area there are two shovels; one in the starting room, against a pillar next to the M14, and one by the first door to Generator 3 (A sign will indicate which). Now, as you pick up a shovel, look for a dig site. They will distinguishable as small semi-circular piles of dirt and bones (including a skull). If you have the shovel, stand on a dig site and hold . This will spawn a reward from that pile. They can vary between bonus points (50-250, it’s random), a power up (2x, or kaboom), 1-2 active grenades that will explode shortly after being dug up, and, finally, a rudimentary weapon. The weapon can be either a Mauser C96 (Start-up gun), a Remington 870 shotgun, a KSG, an M1216, a Ballista (sniper with iron sight) or a DSR 50 (A sniper with a scope). Whatever weapon you dig up, you let someone else take it by standing on it and holding . Shortly after, the trophy will pop.
All Your Base
In Origins, activate all generators without allowing one to stop
This can be done on solo and is very likely to be one of the first unlocked Trophies. You need to activate all of the generators without letting one fail before activating the last generator. To put it simply, all generators on this map must be activated by Round 10 (both solo and co-op). At round 10 Templar zombies will spawn and run in a horde shutting down one generator after another (it will indicate that, and which generator, on the HUD). You need to have all Generators activated before that to unlock this Trophy.
The generators on this map, when activated, supply power to the immediate vicinity it’s located in. Each can be activated for a price (The cost depends on the number of player(s), and it’s 200 per 1 player so, 400 if it’s two players, 600 if three.. etc). Upon attempting activation, a few ‘electrified’ zombies will spawn (as you will see in the spawn room). You need to fend them off until the circle meter at the bottom of your meter fills up, indicating the generator’s complete fill up. Make sure you stay in the generator area until it fills up and you are awarded 100 points (and redeemed the points you spent). It should be noted that, when you step out of the circle as the meter fills up and a PA says “activation process interrupted,” this does NOT nullify the Trophy, so manoeuver and move as you need when overwhelmed by zombies
There are six generators on this map. The first one is in the starting area, and Generators 2 and 3 are at the end of the pathway outside each of the two doors in the starting area (Generator 2 is through the door by the Ballista chalk layout, and Generator 3 is in the very small hallway with the shovel, just opposite of a zombie break-in window). At the end of both Generators 2 and 3 locations there are doors that lead to the same building. This is where they converge.
Upstairs in that building is a door that will lead to the map proper, or “No man’s land.” As soon as you exit, you will be walking down a path up to the open area. You will see the centre, too, which is the Excavation Site and the heart of the Easter Egg. To your right will be the path to Generator 5, and to your left, Generator 4. In the distance you will see a church - Generator 6 is behind it. Generator 4 is located past the Giant’s footprint and across the “tank’s track” (like a road), and will be right in front of a Jugger-nog machine. The path to Generator 5 (from the place where the whole map ‘opens up’) consists of only a Giant’s footprint followed by a generator across from the Stamin-up machine.
Generator 6 is easy but can be tricky to find at first. There is a circular path that goes around the Excavation site. On the other side of the excavation site (between that place and the church) there is a pathway that needs to be bought. It can be difficult to see too, depending on which direction you approach it from. Once you remove the debris, you will go across a Giant’s footstep and turn left to its exit. From the exit from the footprint, turn right and next to the tank you will see a flight of stairs, with debris which needs to be cleared. At the top of the stairs is the church’s interiors in ruins with a destroyed wall. Through that wall and across from yet another Giant’s footprint is Generator 6.
Track your progress to make sure each one is activated before Round 10. To check your progress, press and on the left you will see a circle with six “slices.” Each slice indicates a generator. An activated generator is blue, and an inactive one is black. Make sure all are blue by Round 10.
The trophy should unlock as soon as you activate the final Generator (assuming none were destroyed by Templar zombies).
Kung Fu Grip
In Origins, free yourself and another from the panzer soldat's claw in one game
The panzer is a new ‘boss’ enemy similar in structure to BioShock’s Big Daddy (for those familiar with that game). He is 1.5 times as tall as the main characters, wear white suites and have a helmet with a circular, flat face cover. They will hit via melee, or through their flamethrower, or through the hook. All depends on your location vis-a-vis his. It’s during his use of the grappling hook that you must go for the Trophy.
The panzer will ALWAYS spawn at round 8 onwards, and at 3-4 rounds intervals, sometimes more than one will appear, depending on the number of players. As he approaches, if you are close but not within his hands’ reach, he will use a flamethrower. If you sprint away in a direction with little manoeuvre, he will launch a grappling hook from his arm, which, if it attaches to you, pulls you in. When it does that, as he pulls you or your partner in, from the arm that launches the hook there will be a glowing red dot. This is his weakness point. Shoot at it and he will drop the player. You have to do this while he is grabbing you, and also another time while he is grabbing your partner.
Here's a video demonstrating it:
Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; October 21st, 2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Editorial Sweep
|October 5th, 2013, 05:41 PM||#4|
Playing with Power
In Origins, build all the elemental staffs in one game
In this map, and also as part of the Easter Egg, four types of staffs can be built. These are Fire (red/orange), Ice (blue), Wind (yellow) and Lightning (purple) Staffs. Though complicated at first, it’s rather easy to build the staffs as the parts are in predictable locations (except for snow which involves SOME randomness). There is no order in which to construct, you can collect however you wish. However, you can only carry one “stone” for each stuff to build it (as explained below).
Here is what you need: A gramophone, the gramophone’s original record, a record for each type of staff, three parts per staff and the ‘magic’ stone for each staff.
What you need to do is get the gramophone along with its original record. Place it on a table in the area where you found the gramophone to see the floor spiral down into stairs (but no need to go down there yet). Now, collect each part of each staff (including the record), go through each of the four of the element you need, place the Gramophone on the table to create a portal. Go through the portal and pick up the stone from the pedestal, exit and go to the bottom of the excavation site to craft it. All items can be carried together at various times but you may only carry one stone until you craft the respective staff. So leave the stone to last.
The parts you need are in predictable places:
• Gramophone's location is always inside the Excavation:Once you get all the parts, build a Staff using the stone required. Once you build it, retrieve the other stones and build the remaining staffs (one at a time). Once done, the Trophy should pop.⁃ It is located inside the Excavation site. It will be on the floor (or against the wall) in the room at the bottom end of the staircase by the Pack-a-Punch machine.• Gramophone’s “original” record is nearby an entry point to the Excavation Site:⁃ By the front entry point of the Excavation site, facing the starting area. It should be next to a motor-like device after the first set of wooden stairs.• The records for each staff are in always these areas:
Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; October 21st, 2013 at 08:41 PM.
|October 5th, 2013, 05:42 PM||#5|
I'm on a Tank!
In Origins, ride the tank around the map without getting off
If you have a certain ‘enthusiasm’ for World War I artillery, it’d be hard to ride the “Tank” without ‘getting off.’ Thankfully (or not), ‘getting off’ is used in its literal sense, as is ‘the Tank’ - it is not a reference to Dempsey.
What you need to do is to ride the tank to complete a full cycle. The tank has two stops: one below the church, and one outside the Generator 2 building. The ride will cost 500 points from each stop, culminating in 1000 points. It doesn’t matter from which starting point the Tank starts driving - what matters is that the tank ends where it started the round without your getting off it. At the first stop, the tanks stops to ‘cool down.’ Even as it cools down, don’t leave it. Wait until it cools down, the red lights on it turn green and a sound goes off alerting to its readiness. If you’re doing it with another player, it’s as simple as leaving one zombie and letting another player “babysit” it while you complete the round. If you’re doing it solo, from the first stop it’s easy to drive off with one zombie chasing you. However, it may prove difficult during the tank’s stop to stay on while the zombie catches on and you find it hard to out-manoveuvre the zombie without abandonding the tank. So, if that happens, just go ahead and kill the zombie and ‘camp’ there until the cool down is complete, then activate it to complete the round. Once it stops where it started, the Trophy will pop.
Saving the Day...All Day
In Origins, revive another player four different ways in one game
This will take a while and it is nearly impossible to pull off in splitscreen.
Here are the four ways to revive the player (doesn’t matter whom you revive with which method):
• “Normal” revive: when your partner goes down, hold on them to revive them.After you revive your teammate(s) using one of these methods at least once, you should get the Trophy.
Master of Disguise
In Origins, use zombie blood to revive three players and activate a generator in one game
“Zombie Blood” is a newly introduced power-up drop. It looks like an IV bag and can be obtained easily in co-op after turning on Generator 1. You do not need three different players; you need to revive one three times within the half-life of the Zombie Blood. As soon as you get it, tell your partner to cook a grenade and down himself. Revive him three times within that period. Now, keep playing until you get to either Generator 2 or 3. Luck will play a role here. Without activating the generator, keep killing zombies until you get zombie blood. Once you do, run to the generator and activate it (your partner should be in that area too to hasten the process).
If successful, you should unlock the Trophy after you activate the generator.
In Origins, complete all 4 challenges in one game
There are four challenges in this game, which can be tracked above the “reward chests.” There are two of those. One in the beginning, where you get the Zombie Blood (or x2, if solo) after activating Generator 1. Another one is by Generator 6 (which rewards you part of the Fire Staff after activating that Generator). This can be obtained by round 15.
Three out of four challenges are based on individual performace. The fourth challenge is collective work (or individual, if solo). When done, a particular grey and golden slab will appear on the HUD. The shape will correspond to the challenge’s ‘stone’ above the Reward Chest. Here are the challenges.
1. 115 Normal Zombie headshots: In solo, this is really not as bad as it may seem. You need an average off-wall gun, preferably the MP40 (1300 points, in the building by generator 2), and kill zombies with headshot. It should be noted that the Ray Gun does not work for headshot (the Ray Gun Mark II, however, does). Pressing will show you how many headshot you get. Though it is obvious, you need to kill regular zombies (Templars don’t count) by shooting them in the head. The reason this is emphasized is because, during Insta-Kill, when a zombie is shot or stabbed, his head is destroyed. So one must pay particular attention during Insta-kill.
Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; October 21st, 2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Removing Signature
|October 5th, 2013, 05:43 PM||#6|
In Origins, wield all the ultimate staffs in one game
Not only do you need to upgrade your staffs, you also need to use (“wield”) each one at least once for the Trophy to unlock.
(Note: Through Upgrades can be done simultaneously, for efficiency's sake it is recommended to leave the Fire Staff upgrade to last, as in the progression below. )
Just like guns via Pack-a-Punch, each staff can be be upgraded to its ‘ultimate’ form, albeit through varying and complicated steps - or ‘challenges:’ each Staff requires a challenge for its ultimate form. Each one will require a puzzle to be solved, certain actions (“challenges”) to be taken (except for the Fire Staff, where you need to do the Challenge BEFORE the Puzzle) finally filled with zombie souls in the crazy place after being placed on the pedestal. The solution to the Lightning and Wind staffs puzzles are always the same. The ones for Ice and Fire vary between games. The post-puzzle challenges for all staffs, are constant and never change. Once all that is done, the four rings above the Staff pedestals need to be moved to correspond to the staff’s colour and then shoot the orb at its bottom before taking the staff to the Crazy Place for “soul filling.” Here are the steps as follow (and with multiple players, this can be done simultaneously.
The puzzle use numeric forms (except for Lightning, whose solution is consistent). In solving each puzzle, you must use the corresponding Staff. Here is the reference table, or ‘translation’ of the puzzles used (credits go to talloby from the Activision forums).
With that table above, here's how to approach the individual puzzles:
• Ice Staff Puzzle: Take the Ice staff to the Crazy Place and, in the Ice Staff’s area, as you face the puzzle with the centre of the Crazy Place behind your back, look up. You will see six suspended stone panels, each with a symbol (Cuneform Symbols). On your righthand side, you will see a square with a “dotted” symbol on the rocks (Ternary Symbols). You need to shoot the Cuneform symbol on the suspended stones that corresponds to the Ternary symbol to your right. Use the table above as reference. When you shoot the correct one, the Ternary form on your right will change. Shoot the next slab whose Cuneform symbol corresponds to the new Ternary number that appears.
• Lightning Staff Puzzle: This is a musical puzzle but, thankfully, no mastery is needed as the solution is always the same. In the Crazy Place, by the Lightning Staff’s Gateway, you will see three music staffs on your left, and on your right, two rows of purple triangles that form a ‘keyboard.’ You have to hit three keys at three different intervals. The fired orb will ‘stick’ and shortly after the third orb is fired, the orbs will disappear indicating the end of the interval. Here is how the keyboard is labeled (credits go to CoD Wikia)
By going by the label format in the image below, hit “A C E” first, then “E G B,” and finally “F A D.” If done correctly, a sound effect and a Samantha speech will cue the successful completion. To ascertain that, you can shoot the keyboard. If the orb doesn’t stick, it means it’s done.
• Wind Staff Puzzle: Like the Lightning Staff, the solution to this Puzzle is always the same. Above the Gateway are four rings or circles. You need to move each ring by hitting it with the Wind Staff. The solution is so: facing the Wind Staff’s gateway, the lefthand-size horizontal line must be (from innermost to outermost ring): I / IL / LF / L* (corresponding to 1, 6, 11, 8 if using the table above). Here's the solution (credits go CoD Wikia):
When done, a sound cue AND an announcement by Samantha will signal the completion of the step.
Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; October 22nd, 2013 at 07:38 PM.
|October 5th, 2013, 05:43 PM||#7|
Now onto the challenges. With the exception of Fire Staff, there are actions that need to be taken using the corresponding Staff after that Staff’s puzzle is done. Here is the list of challenges:
• Ice Staff Challenge: Once the puzzle is done, you need to find three tombstones across the map. You need to freeze each one using the Ice Staff then shoot it with a bullet gun (Ray Guns won’t work). The tombstones are: on the “hill” that holds the Excavation Site. It should be visible as it will be facing in the direction of the Jugger-nog. The other one should be outside the footprint behind Jugger-nog (with the soul chest). The final one is outside the building by Generator 2. If you exit through the rear exit of the building (i.e. where the Tank stops if launched from church), on your far-left by a collapsed Giant’s hand you’ll find the final tombstone (If you have the Ice Staff and the Ray Gun, and you don’t want to lose the Ray Gun, you can simply freeze all three tombstones and then pick up a cheap bullet gun to replace the Ice Staff and destroy each tombstone. You can get your Ice Staff back from its pedestal.)After completing the puzzle of each Staff (or, as per my recommendation, the ones for Ice, Lightning and Wind), you need to go to the bottom of the Excavation Site. You will see four parallel stone rights atop of each other. Each one will have a color-coded light. At the bottom you’ll see a suspended orb coloured after your Staff’s element. You need to move each ring via switches so each ring’s light is lit in the colour corresponding to the Staff’s element. There will two sets of stairs that converge at the very bottom underneath wooden scaffolding. On each stairway (left and right), there will be a switch. There will be two more switches on the wooden scaffolding. Use these switches to rotate the rings. Once they’re lit in the colour of your staff, shoot the orb of at the bottom, which will send it into the skies.
Finally, you need to return the Staff to the Crazy Place and put it on its corresponding pedestal (entry point doesn’t matter). You need to kill enough zombies so that they are filled. I suggest you do so for all three Staffs (Wind, Ice and Lightning) simultaneously, along with the Fire Staff’s challenge below.
Now, the Fire Staff is different insofar as the Challenge needs to be done BEFORE the puzzle. (And since the challenge requires kills in Crazy Place, it is highly recommended that you do the challenge simultaneously as you complete the final step for creating the other ultimate three staffs):
• Fire Staff Challenge: In the Crazy Place, by the Fire Staff gateway is a burning furnace on the floor. By the floor are four stone “baskets.” What you need to do is, with the fire staff, you need to kill zombies on top of the ‘furnace.’ Further, you need to burn their corpses so as they erupt in black smoke. Each basket will light up in fire after a set number of kills By the time they’re filled up, assuming you’re doing the final upgrade for the other three staffs, they will be upgraded long before you complete that step so timing should not be a concern. Plus, as the smoke fills up the basket, the souls will will transfer to the other staffs, which is why it is HIGHLY recommended that you do this simultaneously with other staff upgrades. Once all four baskets are lit, exit the Crazy Place.After that, you need to do the final two steps for the Ultimate Fire Staff. They are identical to the other staffs: go back to the Excavation Site, move the rings so the light is red-lit, shoot the orb and return to the Crazy Place to upgrade the Fire Staff by filling it with zombie souls.
Once all ultimate forms are created, use each once - ding!
Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; October 21st, 2013 at 08:52 PM.
|October 6th, 2013, 01:46 AM||#8|
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Nice job man, the mods maybe can take mine down. I only tried to put one up because no one else had.
Check out my YouTube channel / ratings appreciated
PSN ID: JWill_55
Last edited by mcewanc2; October 6th, 2013 at 06:45 AM.
|October 6th, 2013, 03:55 AM||#9|
Thank you <3
As of June, I've retired my main account, exactly five years after my first platinum. It has been fun, and yes I do have a new account but it's more casual, so I'll still be Trophy hunting. =P
|October 6th, 2013, 04:02 PM||#10|
Join Date: Sep 2011
U might want to set up a pre gameplan for the EE, like uploading a video on how to get the PAP MG by using the maxis drone. U can keep the zombie in the lower part of excavation and get it wile the other members are scavenging/ building the staffs. The maxis drone will cool down after 2-3 mins and it's free after building the maxis drone.