Rate the trophy difficulty...  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.34

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I voted this an 8. I was finally able to round up the last hidden monkeys and gold medal yesterday! I wish I could’ve celebrated with a shiny new (P), but a (G) will have to do!

My personal experience was more of a 9/10, but that was due to the complete lack of available information on hidden monkeys out there, which led to a LOT of discovering/trial and error myself.

That being said, the difficulty in obtaining gold medals was very disproportionate for a game that otherwise seems to cater to casual gamers (the graphics/appearance, and the easy difficulty of normally beating the levels).

(And while I have no experience putting a trophy guide together or anything like that, I may try to do that at some point. If I can help anyone with tips for gold medals or locations of hidden monkeys, fire me a message! :))

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

voted 8 as it wasn't too hard but required some serious effort. After beating the game, I went for gold medals and (with the help of the hidden monkey guide) I was able to gold medal most of the levels on my first go. The others took some time but were eventually done. Took me about 3-4 days to 100%

Edited by luffybuggy

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i give it an 8, although I'm unsure if 8.5 would be better. There were like 4-5 levels that took me 1-3h each for the gold score (skull volcano took me a bit more). What makes this game hard is the fact that for a good amount of enemies you have to react in less than half a second, enemies that before attacking they may do a sudden jump to the top right or left and screw you easily. I wonder if this is the hardest game ever for ps move.

Edited by VirtualNight

• 1 year later...
On 4/26/2021 at 5:13 PM, VirtualNight said:

I wonder if this is the hardest game ever for ps move.

No chance in hell. That honor belongs to Sports Champions 1. Far more difficult than PS Move Ape Escape. Not that Ape Escape is easy, but there's hard and then there's very hard!

Also "The Shoot" wasn't easy. Not sure how it fares vs. Ape Escape, but robot sphere and jive turkey are difficult trophies.

edit: I take that back. "Carnival Island" makes other PS Move games feel like its tutorial level. Most sadistic requirements of any Move game I've played.

Edited by StarFoxx79
got my own behind served to me on a rusty platter by "Carnival Island"