Ape Escape Fury! Fury! Info

dmmx32

Ape Escape Fury! Fury!, Furi Furi! Sarugechu in Japan, (previously known as Ape Escape PS3) is an upcoming 2010 Rail shooter video game published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3 video game console. The game was originally announced at the Tokyo Game Show 2009 as one of the title supporting the PlayStation Move controller. The title will be released on December 9, 2010 in Japan, no release outside of Japan has been confirmed.

Unlike other games in the Ape Escape series, Fury! Fury! is an on-rails shooting game rather than a platformer. Players view the game from a first-person perspective with the motion controller acting as a gadget on-screen which include a floating net, a slingshot and a folding fan. Players cycle through their arsenal using the Move button while either pressing the trigger button or performing gestures to utilize the gadget for example players swing the net to catch monkeys, press the trigger button to fire slingshots and wave the controller to use the fan.

Players traverse from area to area via an on-rails matter, each area is filled with monkeys and players must ultimately catch all of them using the net. Each gadget is used for a differently, slingshots are used to annoy monkeys, destroy objects, shoot banana power-ups while the fan is used to blow away debris. To shift the camera players press either the "X" or "O" buttons to turn left or right respectively.

Source Wikipedia

What a shame. The first Ape Escape on the PS3 and it a rail way shooter made for the Move. I've only played the first game on the PS1 and loved it. I dont even know if the franchise gets better or worse.

Ape Escape 2 and 3 were two of my favorite PS2 games, and was really looking forward to a PS3 version... and now I'm not. Thanks for ruining my day, TC. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Am I the only one that finds this game pretty fun?

i played the demo and while it wasnt terrible, it certainly would not keep my interest for very long. i wish they would come out with an hd collection of the old ape escape games

• 2 months later...
12 trophies, easy play.. all in japanese, except trophies in english.

??? The trophy difficulty thread says this game is not an easy play. Earning gold on all challenges is very difficult. If you have any strategies, please share.

NOTE: Per yourgamercards.net, only 1 person out of 641 has achieved 100% on this game, and only 4/641 have earned 10 medals. Bieleric is #4 in the world for number of trophies (on that site, at least), but has yet to earn a single gold trophy in this game. If he is that good and doesn't have one, I don't this qualifies as an "easy play."

??? The trophy difficulty thread says this game is not an easy play. Earning gold on all challenges is very difficult. If you have any strategies, please share.

NOTE: Per yourgamercards.net, only 1 person out of 641 has achieved 100% on this game, and only 4/641 have earned 10 medals. Bieleric is #4 in the world for number of trophies (on that site, at least), but has yet to earn a single gold trophy in this game. If he is that good and doesn't have one, I don't this qualifies as an "easy play."

Huh, good find man.

• 2 weeks later...
Considering that YGC only pulls from their userbase and not all PSN members, those stats aren't very accurate. Plus how many people have each trophy is not an indicator of difficulty at all anyway; it's only an indicator of how many people have a trophy. No data is provided as to why those other people didn't get the trophies; maybe it has nothing to do with difficulty at all, maybe they just hated the game. You don't know, I don't know. Nobody knows because that's not what that stat tells us.

Please use statistics responsibly, especially ones as inaccurate as the ones found on YGC.

• 4 months later...

12 trophies, easy play.. all in japanese, except trophies in english.

I think its funny you quoted him and then used him in your answer to discredit the easy play statement lol