Battery Tower - Walkthrough on getting Gold Medal

Penn

Here is the tactic to get gold in the level of Battery Tower.

Thanks to PSN-Sajjio and PSN-Mestifiko for giving tips.:dance:

CS stands for Capture Section/Scene

1st CS: Just do it as many combo as you can, usually end up with a score of around 40,000.

1st CS ~ 2nd CS: Most of time, I can’t maintain the combo I got from 1st CS, but that’s OK.

2nd CS: There will be several waves, and for the last one big wave, you will see many monkeys far away without noticing you at first. Here is what I have done. Get more than 7 combo before the last wave and it’s not very hard. When the last wave begin moving towards you, launch the VACUUM. After the vacuum runs out, there will be several monkeys left shaking because of the VACUUM. Capture them very carefully that don’t lose you combo. This will contribute greatly to the score including the black hidden monkey’s 30,000 score.

2nd CS~ 3rd CS: I can’t maintain the big 35+ combo I got from 2nd CS, so the primary job before I encounter the 3rd CS would be obtaining a battery (I just found one) and getting the other two Hidden Monkey.

3rd CS: If you have 2 batteries left here, then you are lucky. But one battery is still fine that you will have to capture some monkeys, getting around 10 combo before launching the vacuum. Don’t lose your combo during capturing these 2 hidden monkey and specter(Every hidden monkey is worth 30,000 score and the specter gives you 20,000).

I use this tactic to get a score of nearly 310,000. If you keep trying to perfect this or get another battery, the score should be higher.

Edited by Penn

• 8 months later...

Great guide, I had some trouble with this level.

After the first capture I only had at best 25k , but was alright.

As soon as you get off the robot and you have to start hitting the drills, that's all I concentrated on, as in hitting each drill arm in the air 3 times. Apart from getting the hidden black monkey hanging on the rafters and the battery which is hidden in the control panel and the bit where there is heaps of those robot machines. Shoot those blue spinners to waste all the robots and get 10k bonus.

Heading into the 2nd capture you should have 45k or so.

try and get a good combo going but it doesn't matter if not. Use your vacuum the wave after the wave where the monkeys don't notice you. That way you should have a combo of 20 when the hidden monkey comes. You might need to net him, but make sure you do without your combo resetting. Capture the rest of the monkeys to end the capture. You should have around 130k.

As you enter the ufo make sure to keep hitting the drill arms, not sure if this helps but its what I did. Now entering the ufo just keep hitting the arms till they hopefully all fall off. Don't worry about the robots getting you, switch to fan to get the bananas and battery then switch back and keep hitting the arms. Hopefully you knocked them all off to reveal 2 hidden monkeys. when your ufo is running out of fuel shoot the monkeys on the bars by the bananas.

Now, the 3rd capture should start. Try and get the first 5 monkeys without vacuum, then away you go. The first vacuum should get you to the hidden monkeys, then quickly use it again to suck them up and whatever else you can fine. There will be one more monkey to capture hiding behind something. Get him, you might need to shoot him so he stops walking zig zag. Just make sure to not lose your combo. Should have around 260k now.

Now to capture spector. All I can say is don't lose your combo and

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Got my 300k here by doing 2 vaccums on the second capture and doing the third vaccum after the second wave in the third capture. Captured both hidden monkeys  with the net and flawless'd the boss.

P_20210417_225425_vHDR_Auto.jpg?width=12

People really blow the difficulty of this game out of proportion. It's not that bad if you understand how scoring works.