Rate the trophy difficulty...  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_6.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.21

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• 2 weeks later...

I can't decide whether or not I'm happy or sad that the game is relavitely easy to platinum.

The last game from Gaijin, IL-2 Birds of Prey, was the mother of all son of a bitches to platinum, so I'm happy that I'll be able to play and complete another one of their fantastic games within a reasonable ammount of time, but sad that I won't have another tough as nails Rusky-developed platinum on my list :p

Will pick it up soon. Maybe.

I would not say easy, there are a couple of missions on Veteran that are pretty tough. It is not a 1 by no means a 10, I would say about a 5.

The local co-op is a piece of cake. I had my 10 year old daughter help.

How it works:

1. Main controller controls the helo

2. The seond controller is the gunner

You fly around have 2nd controller hold R1 while you use your nose as the targeting system.

Pretty easy.

Edited by ChunkyPython

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just platinumed this yesterday, I voted a 4.

Nothing too difficult, I found that because I played the campaign on training first, it made playing it on realistic very easy once I got the hang of the controls. Even the 'sharks on the water' and 'city on fire' missions I found easy because I knew exactly what to do.

Some of the squad operations are nearly impossible by yourself, but once you know what to do (some of the instructions aren't overly clear) and playing with 1-3 other people online make them not too bad. Very enjoyable tackling missions with other people.

Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed platinuming Apache Air Assault and can't wait for a sequel (if they make one, here's hoping). Now I'm going to try IL-2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey seeing as I enjoyed this so much!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I voted a 7. This game has some severe difficulty spikes and, for many, the controls will never meld. The two missions "Sharks in the Water" and "City on Fire" can be infuriatingly frustrating. Also, if you don't ever find anybody online to help with some of the Spec Op (or whatever they're called) missions, then you're in for a pretty rough time.

• 1 month later...

Just platted, good, fun game. can get a bit frustrating in parts but using the guides on this forum and youtube helps.

All but two/three of the squad missions can be beaten single player. The others just need one other decent partner (thanks quany87) to get thru and no biggie.

air to air on realistic is prob what sucks most, i think the game is pre programmed in certain points to either beat or not beat enemy aircraft with ATA missiles. ( try autohover at about 2km and use IR with gun - time consuming but takes them down eventually)

flinmac

:rolleyes:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rated this a 7, which is high for me, but it was simply a matter of the controls feeling unnatural to me and a few select challenges/missions that really brought it up. By the way, did anyone ever figure out why they bothered putting ATA missiles in the game when rockets and even machine guns are more likely to manage to take down an airborne target? (Sorry, rhetorical question)

I rated this a 7, which is high for me, but it was simply a matter of the controls feeling unnatural to me and a few select challenges/missions that really brought it up. By the way, did anyone ever figure out why they bothered putting ATA missiles in the game when rockets and even machine guns are more likely to manage to take down an airborne target? (Sorry, rhetorical question)

If you know how to use stingers then you never miss with them, its simple: get close. After figuring it out i have never had problems with taking helicopters down.

• 4 weeks later...

voted a 7 cause this game was a hard learning curve for flying... even now that i beat it i still get squirrely some times... the most difficult mission was city on fire cause i couldnt protect them all long enough and then i find out the countdown stops at 19 :wall: i cant tell you how many times i got to 22 secs or so and just missed it :( sharks in the water is difficult as well but theres no tanks in the water thankfully lol

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just platinumed it less than an hour ago. I give it a solid 5. The secondary objectives bug had me copying my save files and replaying parts of the campaign using a new profile to obtain it which was sort of a drag, but otherwise it's fairly easy to platinum.

• 5 months later...

Platinum!! Nice to see this game is still "Platinumable"

The ONLY online trophy is Squadrowned and it is VERY easy to get!!

I played all of the Squad Operations solo except the first one (in order to get Squadrowned you have to play at least one with an online partner)

Playing the Squad Operations solo was quite the challenge, but fun at the same time (I got to be quite the pilot)!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Based on solo play though 100% I rated this a 6. The most difficult part is learning how to fly the damn thing on realistic, and how to land the bird on the helipads to re-arm/ repair. After that it's learning the patterns of how the enemies come at you. I played 90% of the game in virtual cockpit that was by far the best way to play the game in my opinion.

Squad Ops with 2 or more would be a breeze, so maybe even a 4 if you were partnered up the whole time, and couch co op for the campaign as well.

• 1 year later...

6/10. Game is easy most of the times but missions where you need to combat UAV/choppers is difficult due to the insane amount of rockets they fire. Realistic isn't bad at all but like I said before, you will get a lot of unnecessary trouble with aerial combat, my advice? If you can fight them from a distance (about 2km) and don't have any timer on you use this since I saw at that distance, aircrafts don't pursuit you and don't shoot you so abuse the infrared sight and the cannon. 2 to 3 squad operations can be frustrating so my advice is to find a 2nd player that can help you with this.