Local Co-Op Opinions?

I had a heck of a time with this game by myself, and I am 37 years old. It was fun at first, but got hard and repetitive quick. I hate games that make you play the scene over and over if you don't do it just right. There are not a lot of help videos on this game that I could find, and that made it even harder to get through tough missions. They say it is realistic but come on, in real life if you fail a mission you go to the next one. This is set up like the car race games I have played in the past, if you can not make a mission you replay and replay and replay the same damn thing.

Travis

I had a heck of a time with this game by myself, and I am 37 years old. It was fun at first, but got hard and repetitive quick. I hate games that make you play the scene over and over if you don't do it just right. There are not a lot of help videos on this game that I could find, and that made it even harder to get through tough missions. They say it is realistic but come on, in real life if you fail a mission you go to the next one. This is set up like the car race games I have played in the past, if you can not make a mission you replay and replay and replay the same damn thing.

Travis

I appreciate the input, I certainly agree with your sentiment that replaying the same segment over and over certainly gets old quick; but what I am mostly looking to find out is if the local co-op is any good. It differs from playing on-line with someone because locally you’re both in the same chopper, so one person has the flight controls, the other is the gunner (at least that's my understanding from what I've read). My main concern is that it may get boring/frustrating playing through the whole campaign with that setup. If anyone has used this feature extensively I'd love your input as well. Thanks.

I appreciate the input, I certainly agree with your sentiment that replaying the same segment over and over certainly gets old quick; but what I am mostly looking to find out is if the local co-op is any good. It differs from playing on-line with someone because locally you’re both in the same chopper, so one person has the flight controls, the other is the gunner (at least that's my understanding from what I've read). My main concern is that it may get boring/frustrating playing through the whole campaign with that setup. If anyone has used this feature extensively I'd love your input as well. Thanks.

ive played a good portion of the game (spent about 6 hours on it so far). The game is kinda spotty on the "fun" factor, some of the missions are VERY slow paced, almost a crawl, and others are so frantic that it can be overwhelming or frustrating. You have to keep in mind the game considers itself a "simulation" so its not really ripping through the forest at light speed mowing everything down... its kinda a move up a bit, find your targets, take your shots, move up some more, take some more shots, etc etc.

I havent played local co op but id say there are several missions that would be extremely boring for the pilot, the choppers dont really juke and jive to the point you really feel like your dog fighting in most missions. I actually die quite a bit on here and consider the game overly difficult in certain parts because your having to defend stuff and just getting swarmed lol.. so if your playing co op you may get quickly annoyed with having to restart.

Final conclusion, the only game i can compare this too is hawx, hawx was a bit faster paced but carried the same type of "flow" to it. I really enjoyed hawx (offline) and ive really enjoyed most of the missions on this game, ive had a lot of fun with it, but its not a game id recommend to my friends. Theres nothing really wrong with the game at all, it can be a lot of fun, its just not for everyone.

I havent played local co op but id say there are several missions that would be extremely boring for the pilot, the choppers dont really juke and jive to the point you really feel like your dog fighting in most missions.

Final conclusion, the only game i can compare this too is hawx, hawx was a bit faster paced but carried the same type of "flow" to it. I really enjoyed hawx (offline) and ive really enjoyed most of the missions on this game, ive had a lot of fun with it, but its not a game id recommend to my friends. Theres nothing really wrong with the game at all, it can be a lot of fun, its just not for everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate it.

If you are looking for fun for both people, I would say no, this isn't the game. In local Co-op, the first player is the pilot and the second player is the gunner.

For the second player, it is sitting and doing nothing for most the mission, Then firing a few missiles/bullets when the pilot lines up the reticule.

I had my wife help me with the co-op trophies. She is a very infrequent gamer. It came down to me telling her when to hold down the button and when to stop.

I thought the actual game was quite fun in single player but only AFTER I learned how to fly. The realistic difficulty can be hard to grasp. But once I was flying (without doing cartwheels into mountains) and flinging missiles left and right, it was pretty cool.

If you are looking for fun for both people, I would say no, this isn't the game. In local Co-op, the first player is the pilot and the second player is the gunner.

For the second player, it is sitting and doing nothing for most the mission, Then firing a few missiles/bullets when the pilot lines up the reticule.

I had my wife help me with the co-op trophies. She is a very infrequent gamer. It came down to me telling her when to hold down the button and when to stop.

I thought the actual game was quite fun in single player but only AFTER I learned how to fly. The realistic difficulty can be hard to grasp. But once I was flying (without doing cartwheels into mountains) and flinging missiles left and right, it was pretty cool.

That's exactly what I was looking to find out. Maybe I'll pick it up later for myself, but I'll hunt down something else for us to play together. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.