most annoying tower / units explained

alberick

as title says; in your opinion, what is the most dangerous tower? For me it's gotta be the Stormray (it should have less hp) and the Scorcher (if approached by a frontal assault). Oh and the 'Energy' tower can be annoying as hell, one misplaced smoke screen and you're back in a world of hurt.

Now to the units, the most effective combination are crawlers combined with shields, once upgraded nothing stands in your way. I usually like throwing in a dragon too as the lead unit.

IMO the tank is totally useless, it should have a much higher armor rating because a simple basic turret can almost take it down.

I never understood the need for the supply unit and don't know what the missile launcher truck does? I bought it once during the Tokyo extra missions it seems to affect several towers at once but its not clear whats exactly it does?

as title says; in your opinion, what is the most dangerous tower? For me it's gotta be the Stormray (it should have less hp) and the Scorcher (if approached by a frontal assault). Oh and the 'Energy' tower can be annoying as hell, one misplaced smoke screen and you're back in a world of hurt.

All towers are dangerous if not approached correctly, but my least favourite are the Stormrays, for whatever reason they can destroy my Crawlers very quickly. Hackers and Energizers are annoying too, but at least they cannot deal damage by themselves. If possible, I run in and try to destroy/damage them with air raids, while I'll leave my units behind in safety.

Now to the units, the most effective combination are crawlers combined with shields, once upgraded nothing stands in your way. I usually like throwing in a dragon too as the lead unit.

IMO the tank is totally useless, it should have a much higher armor rating because a simple basic turret can almost take it down.

I never understood the need for the supply unit and don't know what the missile launcher truck does? I bought it once during the Tokyo extra missions it seems to affect several towers at once but its not clear whats exactly it does?

My typical convoy consists of a Dragon in front, 2 or 3 Crawlers and a supply unit producing repair abilities. Optional I'll add a second supply unit producing air raid abilities. No shields. The dragon in front can attack to both sides of the road and can pack a punch or two. The Crawlers do the main damage, I always give them an upgrade first. The supply units produce an ability for a certain number of towers destroyed, I finished the Tokyo raid with around 70 repairs remaining which enabled me to be very generous with them and kept my units in good shape without ever losing one. Air raids are useful too, especially against Hackers and Energizers, so it doesn't hurt to always have a few available at all times. I stopped using shields for two reasons: first, the shield depletes far to quickly to be of any real use and second, it pushes the Crawlers too much into the back in my setup, and pretty much counters the long range they have.

Edited by dcdfan

I couldn't imagine a setup without a shield. In some cases you are blocked by the hackers field, your units run into a behemoth, stormray and a normal tower or two and you are down because your own units killed you. The only thing that eventually saves you then would be an 2* upgraded shield. Without it, your units are toast within seconds.

Anyway, what exactly does the rocket launcher unit do?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...