Co-Op Trophies

redknightalex

I noticed that there are two local co-op trophies on the list for this game. Most co-op trophies in games can be easily done with two controllers but, for some reason, I have a feeling that these trophies will be the hardest for those who don't have a buddy willing to play with them, much less know how to actually play a tower defense game. I was hoping I could play with just two controllers but when I tried to finish Baghdad Mayhem, things got pretty crazy and I can't imagine finishing that with two controllers (where I'm guessing the enemies will beef up).

Does anyone know how hard these trophies would be with just two controllers? Is it possible to do it on your own or am I really going to have to drag someone off the street for these?

After getting stuck on Mission 10 for some really annoying reason (I was one bridge away from the mission end), I tried to do some co-op. Just grabbing the boosts are hard by themselves as time doesn't stop, like it would in SP, when you are selecting a skill to use. I'm also thinking that the people more in the opposite direction every time I use the analog stick but that may be just from exhaustion. :(

Either way, these co-op trophies are a mess. I'm now starting to wonder if I could pay my sister to help me out with these as I'm not sure how else to get these done.

I tried it and no, not feasible without a second player. You constantly have to move both commanders to keep your units on-screen, which is highly distracting. I couldn't get past wave 2 before I messed up and lost units. Also, I had the feeling that the difficulty was slightly higher than in SP mode, to compensate the boosting of abilities...

• 3 months later...
I tried it and no, not feasible without a second player. You constantly have to move both commanders to keep your units on-screen, which is highly distracting. I couldn't get past wave 2 before I messed up and lost units. Also, I had the feeling that the difficulty was slightly higher than in SP mode, to compensate the boosting of abilities...

I see you obtained the trophy after you posted this, did you end up needing a partner after all, or is it doable with 2 controllers?

Has anyone else tried getting these solo? I doubt I'd be able to find anyone with the capacity to play a game like this

I see you obtained the trophy after you posted this, did you end up needing a partner after all, or is it doable with 2 controllers?

Has anyone else tried getting these solo? I doubt I'd be able to find anyone with the capacity to play a game like this

No, definitely not doable solo, see my post above. My wife helped me out, and although this is not her kind of game, it wasn't too difficult and we got the trophy in one go.

Edited by dcdfan

Managed to wave 11 on Baghdad doing it solo.

It starts to be undoable because you cannot clean all the towers each wave and the time is your enemy every wave.

Trying Tokyo now.

Shorter maps, almost no time run waves... lets see how far I can go.

EDIT: died on wave 8, which you have to protect a plane. It was destroyed and I even see it been attacked.

Edited by RavenX

Well... just got the trophy in a very weird way:

- First I tried Baghdad and died at wave 11.

- Now I just managed to finish Tokyo by myself.

- Then the trophy unlocked... o.Oa

Maybe there's a bug that just finishing one of the levels unlock the trophy, or, its description is not clear and mean that you have to play both leves but not necessarily finish them... anyway... got it... XD

Tips for Tokyo (that I found much easier than Baghdad):

Started with a Tank and a Shield, then added a Crawler.

Upgraded the Crawler, then Tank and then Shield.

Finished with: Tank > Shield > Crawler > Crawler > Shield > Crawler

Try the upgrade the Tank to 3 stars as soon as possible.

Usally only the 2 first units take damage, so is good to give them advantage and always support them.

The secret is never rush. Plan ahead as soon the wave starts and don't try to kill many towers at the same time.

- Regular waves: as there's no time limit, take your time and go cleaning tower by tower. Even if it means take a lot of rounds in the map.

- Warehouse waves: there's no time to collect everything, you can only choose left or right. So, choose the side with most power-ups, especially the Repair one.

- Brigde Rush waves: take the path with less enemies. You have limited time and usually there's lots of towers, so, the trick here is rush. As soon the wave starts, run with both Commander to the spot with most towers concetrated in the chosen path and give a Airstrike "combo" (start with controller 2 and very fast change to 1). Release 1 ou 2 repair combos if needed.

- VIP Protection wave: same as regular waves, but, put the VIP at the end of line protected by a shield.

- Transport Protectio wave: the secret here is to clean as fast as you can the path where the Transport Airplane will fly through. Use same technique as Bridge Rush: Airstrike combo where there's plenty of towers and Repair Combo to protect the convoy.

- Final wave: go cleaning very carefully every tower and avoid spend your power-ups very fast. Also, just in case, try to save some money to rebuy some unit with some upgrade. When able to attack the mothership, spend all your remainind Airstrike in it.

So Raven, would you say then that it is indeed possible to complete all coop solo with 2 controllers, difficulty be damned? Would you have been able to get it without the possible bug you described? I may start this game soon, but have yet to really try it.

Also will an arcade stick or a gamepad with only a D-pad and no sticks (L3 R3) work? In other words, I don't have access to a 2nd controller with twin sticks. My arcade stick however CAN switch its joystick to function as a D-Pad, L Stick or R Stick, but only 1 at a time.

So Raven, would you say then that it is indeed possible to complete all coop solo with 2 controllers, difficulty be damned? Would you have been able to get it without the possible bug you described?

I finished only the Tokyo co-op mission.

Quite easy because you have enough time to think and after 4~5 waves your convoy starts to be very strong (if you choose the right units and upgrades).

Not sure if Baghdad is feasible. Thats because every wave has time limite and you need to rush some mobs sometimes to not let the time kill you.

I managed to reach wave 11, so, if you practice, maybe it is possible.

So:

- Tokyo is feasible.

- Baghdad, not sure (as I already unlocked the trophy, will not try anymore).