The Start of Something Special: Member of the Month

Webb

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/ps3tmotm.pnghttp://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/news/ps3tmotm.png

Welcome to the first of many new features; Member of the Month.

As the community of PS3T starts to grow its wings and flourish like a butterfly, this will be the point of the month that we assemble in single file and lavish praise upon one of the community's individuals who has really out done themselves in that particular month.

How did this month's member gain recognition you ask? Well, with what started as a small but great idea from our very own King Boss, it quickly escalated into a one man mission to change the world ... I mean improve the forums. The member in question this month went, and continues to, from forum to forum posting difficulty rating threads to help out members who query the ease of a certain list. Always an active, friendly and informative poster. Ladies and gentlemen, I present our Member of the Month for March, olsen77.

Can you tell us a bit more about the person behind the PSN id?

Ok then. My name is Dave. I'm 27 and I live in San Diego, CA. I’ve been single for a month now after breaking off a year-and-a-half relationship. I have a BS in geology from the University of California, San Diego. I don’t have a job now, but I’m REALLY trying hard to find one (damn economy). I do little projects for my brother’s environmental company when things come up though.

What sort of setup do you have going back home for your gaming?

It's pretty simple actually. My PS3 is hooked up to a 32" Samsung LCD TV in 720p. The only thing hooked up to the TV is the PS3. I never bothered to replace my 360 after it got stolen.

How long have you been gaming and what made you decide PlayStation as your gaming companion?

I actually started playing games when I was old enough to use my brother's controller on their Atari 2600. I don't remember too much about playing it, other than I did. But my real start was when I was about 7, and my brothers and I pooled our allowances together to buy an NES. I picked up a PS1 because I would play with my friends at their houses, and they all had a Playstation. It kind of went from there. When the PS2 came out, we all bought PS2's. Except when the PS3 came out, they bought Wii's.

What was the last game you bought, and what’s the next one you’re looking forward to?

MLB 09 was the last one I bought. I love baseball, so that was a must buy for me. As for the next game I'm looking forward to, Ghostbusters.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110109161345im_/http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/motm-1-1.jpg

If you had the chance to improve the PlayStation and/or PSN store, what 1 thing would you like to see implemented?

I want to see more classic games available on PSN. It doesn't necessarily have to be more PS1 and even PS2 games, but more classic arcade games and computer games. As for PSN, as long as it's free, I really have no complaints.

How much of a certified trophy whore are you? Does the trophy list play any part in the decision to play or buy a game, or do you base that decision entirely on the game?

I’m sticking to playing games now that I’m interested in. I’ve learned my lesson from Alone in the Dark. The list of trophies doesn’t really factor in to whether or not I play a game. If I’m interested in the game, I’m going to play it at some point.

What would you say was your proudest trophy and why?

I'll give you two. One would have to be finally getting "Late Boomer" and "Shock and Awe" on the same day after spending six weeks trying to get both. That was my first challenge getting trophies, and the first game I got 100% on. The other is completing Veteran on Call of Duty: World at War. Specifically, finishing Heart of the Reich. That was a test of will trying not to throw my controller every time I had 17 grenades thrown at me at the same time.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110109161345im_/http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/motm-1-2.jpg

If the end of the world was nigh and you had to grab three games/franchises to take with you to play out your final days to, what would they be?

I'm playing my three favorite games (assuming I have time.) 1. Legend of Zelda 2. Fallout 3. Wing Commander: Privateer.

What brought you to PS3T and what keeps you coming back?

A simple Google search for "ps3 trophies" brought me here. This site was the first result. I kept coming back early on to find help in certain games. Now, I come back to help people when I can.

Any final words for the community?

Nope, not really.

Thanks olsen77. Check out our forums and get involved for your chance to become PS3T's Member of the Month. A month of praise and a nice shiny forum award can't be bad.

Edited by BreadSkin
Fixing the link.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puppystomper, I could use my modness and make myself MoM, but if i did that, there would be a mutiny here. lol just kidding..JUST KIDDING COMMUNITY

Yeah, he's just kidding. April is all mine. ;)

Hey do we get to vote on who will be the next member of the month? LOL another bright idea...although you mods probably already thought of that one.

Nope, we (the staff) decide that ourselves. If we let you guys vote, Puppy probably would end up being MoM for 36 months in a row! :p

Edited by mjc0961

Congrats on the award! You're a splenderous man/woman/robot.

Too bad I've got this shit on lock after you for the next 3 years...I'll go ahead and apologize to everyone who tries to dethrone me in advance.

Me and You, 3:00pm, flagpole, be there..

Me and You, 3:00pm, flagpole, be there..

:mad:Count me in...:mad:

You guys have fun, I'll be over here filling out my interview form. :p

How about let the people vote on a selected few that you guys (mods) pick?

Hmm... Not a completely bad idea, but it would also ruin the surprise of it all. Plus, I kind of see this as more of a way to let us reach out and say "hey man, we think you're doing a great job and we want to let you know that." But perhaps you could PM one of us if you feel somebody is deserving and we can take that into consideration when we make a selection each month.

Quote by KingBoss:How about let the people vote on a selected few that you guys (mods) pick?

Who are you to talk? Its not like you ever had any good ideas or anything. Nice thinking by the way, Im looking forward to this already next month. Maybe you guys should do member of the week. That would be a bit too much though, and not give people a chance to think about who it should be.

Edited by addmanrcace

Quote by KingBoss:How about let the people vote on a selected few that you guys (mods) pick?

Who are you to talk? Its not like you ever had any good ideas or anything.

Okay, calm down a bit dude. Breathe in, breathe out... The idea of having other members vote was a decent idea (just not one that we're likely to use). And you might have noticed that KingBoss has the Bright Idea award, so obviously we (the staff again) thought he already has had at least one excellent idea. So, yeah, it actually is like he ever had a good idea. Chill. :cool:

Who are you to talk? Its not like you ever had any good ideas or anything. Nice thinking by the way, Im looking forward to this already next month. Maybe you guys should do member of the week. That would be a bit too much though, and not give people a chance to think about who it should be.

LOL I actually read this and really did think you were being an asshole for a second. But I read it a couple more times before scrolling down and I could see the sarcasm. It's all good bro.

My whole point of that was to thank and congratulate him, and I think having the mods pick people and having the rest of the community vote is a good idea as well. The first part was sarcastic, which is kinda hard to tell over computers. But then again maybe you were being sarcastic...???...

Nah, I missed it. Like you said, it's almost undetectable over text, and it's also the first excuse people will use anymore if you catch them saying something stupid. "Ha it was sarcasm you idiot you should have known that." Not saying that's what you're doing now, but it makes it really hard to tell. You have to have some major emoticons in there from the start if you want people to catch it because there's no tone of voice. For example, "Who are you to talk? Its not like you ever had any good ideas or anything. :p "