XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > >

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 01:58 AM   #21
addmanrcace

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Bronze Road Map Submitter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote by KingBoss:How about let the people vote on a selected few that you guys (mods) pick?

Who are you to talk? Its not like you ever had any good ideas or anything. Nice thinking by the way, Im looking forward to this already next month. Maybe you guys should do member of the week. That would be a bit too much though, and not give people a chance to think about who it should be.

Last edited by addmanrcace; 04-01-2009 at 02:00 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:04 AM   #22
mjc0961

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   Beat the Muff   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   15,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   LittleBigPlanet Winter Wonderland, Third Place
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addmanrcace View Post
Quote by KingBoss:How about let the people vote on a selected few that you guys (mods) pick?

Who are you to talk? Its not like you ever had any good ideas or anything.
Okay, calm down a bit dude. Breathe in, breathe out... The idea of having other members vote was a decent idea (just not one that we're likely to use). And you might have noticed that KingBoss has the Bright Idea award, so obviously we (the staff again) thought he already has had at least one excellent idea. So, yeah, it actually is like he ever had a good idea. Chill.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:08 AM   #23
addmanrcace

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Bronze Road Map Submitter

My whole point of that was to thank and congratulate him, and I think having the mods pick people and having the rest of the community vote is a good idea as well. The first part was sarcastic, which is kinda hard to tell over computers. But then again maybe you were being sarcastic...???...
Old 04-01-2009, 02:10 AM   #24
King Boss

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Bronze   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

Quote:

Who are you to talk? Its not like you ever had any good ideas or anything. Nice thinking by the way, Im looking forward to this already next month. Maybe you guys should do member of the week. That would be a bit too much though, and not give people a chance to think about who it should be.

LOL I actually read this and really did think you were being an asshole for a second. But I read it a couple more times before scrolling down and I could see the sarcasm. It's all good bro.

wherelegendsmeet.webs.com
MMXII

"I was clappin' em flamers before I became famous. For playin' me, y'all shall forever remain nameless."
Old 04-01-2009, 02:12 AM   #25
mjc0961

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   Beat the Muff   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   15,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   LittleBigPlanet Winter Wonderland, Third Place

Quote:
My whole point of that was to thank and congratulate him, and I think having the mods pick people and having the rest of the community vote is a good idea as well. The first part was sarcastic, which is kinda hard to tell over computers. But then again maybe you were being sarcastic...???...
Nah, I missed it. Like you said, it's almost undetectable over text, and it's also the first excuse people will use anymore if you catch them saying something stupid. "Ha it was sarcasm you idiot you should have known that." Not saying that's what you're doing now, but it makes it really hard to tell. You have to have some major emoticons in there from the start if you want people to catch it because there's no tone of voice. For example, "Who are you to talk? Its not like you ever had any good ideas or anything. "

Old 04-01-2009, 02:13 AM   #26
addmanrcace

Yes. If theres something you need to know about me, its that I'm a joker. Most of my friends hate my cynical sarcasm.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:24 AM   #27
King Boss

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Bronze   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
You guys have fun, I'll be over here filling out my interview form.

Hmm... Not a completely bad idea, but it would also ruin the surprise of it all. Plus, I kind of see this as more of a way to let us reach out and say "hey man, we think you're doing a great job and we want to let you know that." But perhaps you could PM one of us if you feel somebody is deserving and we can take that into consideration when we make a selection each month.

My idea was to try and involve the community a little more but I do like the idea of the surprise. And when you guys want to surprise someone, there's really no need for a vote from the community because they may not vote for who you had in mind.

MMXII

"I was clappin' em flamers before I became famous. For playin' me, y'all shall forever remain nameless."
Old 04-01-2009, 02:26 AM   #28
mjc0961

Yeah, but everyone in the poll will know that they might win, and as far as I know, all of the polls are public so everyone can see who is winning. Not nearly as much fun. I think if you want to be involved, offering a serious suggestion to one of us would be the best way.

Of course, that's just my two cents on the matter. For all I know Webb will come read this and say "That's a great idea, STFU and go make me a sammich mjc!"

Old 04-01-2009, 02:29 AM   #29
addmanrcace

I think that Webb and the mods should get together and choose who it will be. The surprise will be nice.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:29 AM   #30
King Boss

Nah I don't think he'll say that. Because I'm starting to agree with you more. I forgot about viewing poll results before you vote.

MMXII

Closed Thread