New Mods and the Guide Team Competition Results

olsen77

Before we get to the results of the GT Competition that Mendel so kindly kept you hanging in suspense for, we have some other new staff members to announce. We have two new mods joining the team.

As has been the case in the past, whenever we add new mods, we're losing one. Today, we have to say goodbye to Labartu. He's offered to step aside as he doesn't have the time that he wants to commit to being a mod anymore. We're all a little sad to see him go. He did some fantastic work in his few months as a mod. Whenever things settle down for him, he'll be welcome onto the staff with open arms.

Getting to the new mod business, yes, we have two new mods joining the team. Both are about as pleasant and helpful members as you'll find around the forums. We're all looking forward to see what they will bring to the table. When looking at members to become mods, it was hard to look at these two and then overlook them. They made the decision easy for us. Without further ado, the new mods are ShadowStrife and TheFlyingToaster. Congratulations to both!! :applause:

Onto the GT. Mendel summarized the competition for you last night and then left you with a little cliffhanger. We originally told all of you that we'd be taking one of the six candidates. The reason we wanted people to think that we'd only be taking one is to get the six of them to compete and go all out. Compete they did. All of them produced guides and feedback that can only be described as excellent. If we were only taking one, we'd still be debating it. One became two and the decision was still incredibly difficult. It came down to four members. Two became three. The last person knows that they'll be contacted within minutes if a GT spot opens up. With that build up, the new Guide Team members are lukey52, Rockets88, and tuffmuff. Congratulations to all three!! :applause:

All five unofficially joined the staff last night and have become a welcome breath of fresh air in the staff forum. The excitement and enthusiasm they're bringing onto the staff will only lead to great things.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHH!!!!!! :francis:

ShadowStrife is made of very awesome win. So sweet. We can hire that flirty DJ to celebrate. :p

Congratulations also to TheFlyingToaster, lukey52, Rockets88, and tuffmuff. Though goodbye Labartu. :(

My reaction: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EejjeMvcJQE&feature=related]YouTube - Spongebob screams for 10 minutes NONSTOP[/ame]

Edited by SSJ4_Haruhi

Theflyingtoaster & Shadowstrife expect a few VMs in the future. Nice to see some more colors.

Congratulations to the three new GT members. Guides will be on the main page quicker I assume. The amount of games coming next year, you guys have your work cut out for you.

EDIT: I failed to say sad to you go labartu. Hope to see you back soon. Sorry for the name spelling errors.

Edited by GODCHILD1020
labartu & spelling changes.

Congratulations Shadow & Toaster.:applause: You've both certainly deserved your promotions & I'm looking foward to working with you.:)

I've read every word of the GT Competition & the standard was brilliant from most of the candidates. Picking one, or even two people wasn't really fair. Congratulations to the three of you.:applause:

Labartu, you were one of the best Moderators the site has ever had & when you said you hadn't the time anymore, the entire staff was disappointed. Sad to see you go but as olsen said, you'll be welcomed back with open arms when you can. Good luck to you.:)