XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PST Central > Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Guzzy Send a message via MSN to Guzzy

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default READ THIS: PSN Service Down, Some Titles Unplayable

This is just a notice to PS3 Owners who are experiencing problems with PSN, mostly error code 8001050F. As of right now, some games like Heavy Rain, cannot be accessed because it has something to do with the trophies, so it's kicking people back to the XMB. I'll update more when more information becomes available.

UPDATE 1 (8:00PM EST) The Original Rumor about it only being 60GB is false, now people are saying their only PS3 Phats.

UPDATE 2 (8:05PM EST) NEW INFORMATION: IT SEEMS SOME PEOPLE ARE LOSING TROPHY PROGRESS, NOT SURE IF THE PROGRESS WILL GO BACK UP AFTER THE ISSUE IS RESOLVED, BUT AS A PRECAUTION, YOU SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM ANY TROPHY GAME YOU HAVE. JUST IN CASE, YOU KNOW

UPDATE 3 (8:10 EST) I CAN CONFIRM THAT THIS ISN'T A PSN ISSUE ANYMORE, IT SEEMS TO BE A FIRMWARE ISSUE. MY PS3 HASN'T HAD INTERNET CONNECTIVITY SINCE JULY, AND I JUST TURNED IT ON TO SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN, AND THE DATE IS 12/31/1999. I HAVE A 40GB ORIGINAL PS3. I CHECKED MY TROPHY PROGRESS AND IT'S STILL INTACT BUT I DID NOT LAUNCH SSHD, SINCE I DON'T FEEL LIKE RE-DOING ALL MY TROPHIES

UPDATE 4 (8:15 EST) SONY IS NOW AWARE OF THE PROBLEM AND ARE LOOKING INTO IT, LETS HOPE THEY WORK QUICKLY Twitter / Sony PlayStation: We're aware that many of y ...

UPDATES 5 (10:46 EST) SONY HAS POSTED SOME MORE UPDATES FROM THEIR TWITTER:

SonyPlayStation (1st Tweet)
PSN status update: We're narrowing down the issue and continue to work to restore service to all. Updates as soon as we have them.
http://bit.ly/afZyPb

SonyPlayStation (2nd Tweet)
PSN status update (part 2): Readers/followers are confirming that "slim" units (120/250 GB models) are connecting normally.
http://bit.ly/dvnUUI

Looks like our original find is correct, PS3 Slims (120/250 GB models) are unaffected. Those people can log into PSN without the fear of this happening to them as of right now.

UPDATE 6
Source: 8001050F EU
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusterBuster
As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:
* The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
* When the user tries to sign-in to the PlayStation Network, the following message appears on the screen; "An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)".
* When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install trophies. Please exit your game.”
* When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
* Users are not able to playback certain rental video downloaded from the PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have one of the above listed models, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

MB
It seems that people are finally able to sign back into PSN, although not to sure about people who are using offline consoles. I will go confirm this now.

EDIT: I'm still missing my inFamous trophies, is anyone else having this problem?

Last edited by Guzzy; 03-02-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I'm getting the error on my 80 gb. I am trying to play Madagascar Kartz but its booting me from the game because it can't load the trophies. I also can't log in to PSN.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Not only heavy rain but Monsters vs aliens aswell, iv gained about 30% trophies and nothing is there not even my game saves.. so i have no diea whats going on, and i have an 80gb console. I also can not log in to the psn.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jake_357

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

im getting the error on my 40g

And no one sings me lullabies, And no one makes me close my eyes, So I throw the windows wide, And call to you across the sky...
Old 03-01-2010, 12:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Guzzy Send a message via MSN to Guzzy

Okay so the 60GB Rumors is out, does anyone have a Slim that is having problem?
Old 03-01-2010, 12:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

My console has not been connected to the Internet (not even plugged in) for over 24 hours and I'm missing trophies from my Trophy Collection section, including all of Smash Hits. All of this is extremely odd.

EDIT: 40GB old model.
PS3 #1 stolen November 2010. PS3 #2 purchased February 2011. I'm back!

#1 in CT, #149 in US, #541 in World
Old 03-01-2010, 12:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

I got a 40gb(upgraded to 320gb) and that's affected as well. Think its only affecting PS3 phat consoles, the newer slims seem to be doing fine.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I'm getting the error on my 40 GB.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   Red Dead Poker Ace   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

PSN is just all screwed up. Its not game, or console specific. Im just hoping this will be resolved soon!
Old 03-01-2010, 01:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

godamn i have a clan war!! lol

Closed Thread