READ THIS: PSN Service Down, Some Titles Unplayable

Guzzy

This is just a notice to PS3 Owners who are experiencing problems with PSN, mostly error code 8001050F. As of right now, some games like Heavy Rain, cannot be accessed because it has something to do with the trophies, so it's kicking people back to the XMB. I'll update more when more information becomes available.

UPDATE 1 (8:00PM EST) The Original Rumor about it only being 60GB is false, now people are saying their only PS3 Phats.

UPDATE 2 (8:05PM EST) NEW INFORMATION: IT SEEMS SOME PEOPLE ARE LOSING TROPHY PROGRESS, NOT SURE IF THE PROGRESS WILL GO BACK UP AFTER THE ISSUE IS RESOLVED, BUT AS A PRECAUTION, YOU SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM ANY TROPHY GAME YOU HAVE. JUST IN CASE, YOU KNOW :rolleyes:

UPDATE 3 (8:10 EST) I CAN CONFIRM THAT THIS ISN'T A PSN ISSUE ANYMORE, IT SEEMS TO BE A FIRMWARE ISSUE. MY PS3 HASN'T HAD INTERNET CONNECTIVITY SINCE JULY, AND I JUST TURNED IT ON TO SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN, AND THE DATE IS 12/31/1999. I HAVE A 40GB ORIGINAL PS3. I CHECKED MY TROPHY PROGRESS AND IT'S STILL INTACT BUT I DID NOT LAUNCH SSHD, SINCE I DON'T FEEL LIKE RE-DOING ALL MY TROPHIES

UPDATE 4 (8:15 EST) SONY IS NOW AWARE OF THE PROBLEM AND ARE LOOKING INTO IT, LETS HOPE THEY WORK QUICKLY Twitter / Sony PlayStation: We're aware that many of y ...

UPDATES 5 (10:46 EST) SONY HAS POSTED SOME MORE UPDATES FROM THEIR TWITTER:

SonyPlayStation (1st Tweet)

PSN status update: We're narrowing down the issue and continue to work to restore service to all. Updates as soon as we have them.

http://bit.ly/afZyPb

SonyPlayStation (2nd Tweet)

PSN status update (part 2): Readers/followers are confirming that "slim" units (120/250 GB models) are connecting normally.

http://bit.ly/dvnUUI

Looks like our original find is correct, PS3 Slims (120/250 GB models) are unaffected. Those people can log into PSN without the fear of this happening to them as of right now.

UPDATE 6

Source: 8001050F EU

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

* The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.

* When the user tries to sign-in to the PlayStation Network, the following message appears on the screen; "An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)".

* When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install trophies. Please exit your game.”

* When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”

* Users are not able to playback certain rental video downloaded from the PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have one of the above listed models, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

MB

It seems that people are finally able to sign back into PSN, although not to sure about people who are using offline consoles. I will go confirm this now.

EDIT: I'm still missing my inFamous trophies, is anyone else having this problem?

Edited by Guzzy

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the looks of things this can be any game on every system... If you google 8001050F you will get various theads across numerous sites. I would probably post a general announcement on the site telling people not to play on psn until it has been resolved. It looks like any game you load you will lose all trophy progress.

your trophies are gone,my AC2 reset to 0%

guzzy you better edit your post and tell everyone to stay of their trophy games

It's crazy how this is even happening to mine when I don't even have a cable plugged into mine or wireless enabled. My trophies are gone... and Smash Hits won't even go past the title screen.

EDIT: I also noticed my date says 12/31/1999 12AM.

Edited by pretend_hero

40GB fat PS3. Was playing Heavy Rain when all of a sudden trophies stopped popping up but the game was still playing alright. I quit the game after and tried to sync the trophies but I got the error code. I haven't tried to start any games up since.

It's crazy how this is even happening to mine when I don't even have a cable plugged into mine or wireless enabled. My trophies are gone... and Smash Hits won't even go past the title screen.

i wonder if the server got hacked or something

im seriously pissed,not only do i get banned for unknown reasons,im losing trophies on my new account and cant even play my new game.....(i sense a 360 replacing my ps3)

jeez,i hope my Axl account doesn't lose its trophies

EU playstation site is now back up, though there is no mention what so ever of the error... go figure :whistle: Even there no one has a clue what is going on. I'd just recommend to people to stay off their playstations or at least from gaming online for a while until we all know whats going on.

My 40GB, is down though only after I signed out 15mins ago.

EDIT: As far as I've heard, only those people trying to sync trophies and whilst playing for online trophies have experienced 'disappearance of trophies' and so hopefully it stays like this, and those trophies are fixed. Though I fear those whose trophies disappeared without syncing will probably have to get them again =s

Edited by GrieverLioness