PSSSST! Forum Newsletter, Vol. 13

Hey you there… PSSST! Put that Dualshock down, it’s Volume 13 of the PST Newsletter!

http://i.imgur.com/0iwAH1y.png

Welcome back, to a very special edition of the PST newsletter, now in its thirteenth month. As Todd O'Connor once said in reference to the number of heart attacks he'd had, that makes a baker's dozen for me. Five expired house points to whoever gets that reference.

As we head into August, the weather is starting to cool off, stores are setting up their back to school shit and there's literally nothing good on TV. As for what I've been doing this past month, it should come as no surprise to anyone, and I believe we have a clip:

http://i.imgur.com/bwdncLK.gif

...OK that was the wrong clip, it was supposed to be Pokemon. I don't know why I had that saved and labeled as Pokemon. Moving on, let's get to the good stuff.

The Great Guide Team Expansion of '16 (2016 obviously, not 1916, that would be insane)

After a particularly busy beginning of the summer for the Guide Team, we decided to bolster their ranks, and bolster we have. Oh man have we ever bolstered them. Effectively immediately, there will be not one, not two, but three new Guide Team members. Themindisacity and RPGriffin (we're working on shortening those names already, don't worry) will be joining the team, and in a surprising turn of events, TheManUtdFan has returned to his original post after being away for...a while. I don't have numbers in front of me. With the Guide Team having such a deep roster, I've managed to bamboozle Terminator into helping out with loading trophy lists onto the site, so congratulations goes to him as well for his new responsibilities.

You're Winner!

This month's Member of the Month went to Moosh, someone I could have sworn had already won, which I guess is a compliment. Out of all the people who have quit the staff to win MotM and then come back, Moosh is running the longest of cons, but it's all over now, I'm expecting a PM from her any day now.

sloGTI made it to Donator Level 4. He actually dropped off the money in person, and Bread was there to commemorate the occasion, but I'm not saying which one of us is which.

http://i.imgur.com/D7PAjhr.gif

In custom list news, MrBeens completed Moosh's list, TheManUtdFan completed Labartu's list and Xander45 I swear to Jesus almighty it's enough already how do you still have lists to complete?

Jerry Appleby and Resonating Starfall both earned the Gold Trophy Guide award, which is...I mean it's fine, it's good I guess, nothing to be satisfied with, there's still Platinum and all, but...yeah fine job.

Not really the same, but this is as good a place as any to recognize Nathan Drake and Sully as the winners of the Greatest Game Duo of All Time poll tournament, which Slamma graciously ran over the last couple of months. The poll tournaments have always had a place in my heart and I'll be hard at work convincing Slamma to run another one soon, so thanks to everyone who voted and made it a success.

Also, I would be remiss (and by remiss I mean the GFX people would be mad at me) if I didn't acknowledge TakahashiDemon as being the second person to win SotM in back to back months.

Upcoming Events

This isn't upcoming so much as it is...you know, happening right now, but PST Bingo officially got underway yesterday. To be honest, I wasn't expecting such a visceral reaction from everyone when we announced Bingo was coming back, but then again, you people don't do anything in half measures, and we've had an enormous turnout for the event, which is great. Bingo will be running all month long, but don't think we're skimping out on other events.

PST League: Rocket League Season 2: This Time It's Personal is officially underway, and the staff team is off to a great start, with 1 win, which I'm told is 1 more than we got last season, which...is just about the most pathetic thing I've ever heard. I mentioned a while ago that we were toying with the idea of doing an Overwatch League, but the turnout for the game night was...underwhelming, so we held off. If you guys have a game in mind you'd like to see turned into the next League, let the EDs know, so we have an idea of what you guys want.

The Last of Us Game Night

It's time, once again, to spend an afternoon shiving each other in the back...and something to do with ballaches? I've never understood the reference, but I'm trying desperately to sound relevant.

1425993879114.jpg

The game night is significant for a few reasons: you'll need to participate in one for a Bingo tile, and my sources tell me we're a few signups away from having it become the Biggest Game Night of 2016, and you know what that means. It's all happening this weekend, so make sure you sign up soon.

That about wraps things up for the month. Enjoy Bingo, and I'll leave you all with this hilarious .GIF of a guy getting launched through a roof:

60b848f0-2f52-0134-0aec-0629623c6db9.gif?

...God damn it.

EDIT: The staff gave me two random words to work into the newsletter, additional expired house points if you can figure out which words they were.

Edited by Mendel

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha nice one Twyz.

Cheers Mendel love these newsletters. :thumbsup:

Congrats to all members on awards & new posts. Nice to see themindisacity on the guide team. Her guides are excellent, congrats mate. :thumbsup:

Good luck all fellow Bingoers & looking forward to TLOU game night. :francis:

Thanks again Mendel.

Nice update... but no mention of the game night Gauntlet 24 hour marathon?

Epic Fail! :wtf:

That would be because it took place in June, and it was mentioned in last month's newsletter.

EDIT: Actually I suppose that's wrong, it was at the beginning of July, but it was still covered in the last newsletter.

Edited by Mendel

That would be because it took place in June, and it was mentioned in last month's newsletter.

EDIT: Actually I suppose that's wrong, it was at the beginning of July, but it was still covered in the last newsletter.

Lol you made me double check! It's ok if all our names weren't mentioned. The North remembers! Sorry, just played 10 hours straight of game of thrones to spell out PST Bingo and complete perfect sequence 2.0!

Wait, I've always been reading that name in a wrong way! I thought the name was "The Mind Insanity" and not "The Mind Is A City".

My whole life is a lie :eek:

Congratulations to every new staff member, every award winner and last but not least, our MotM Moosh. I am surprised you hadn't won it yet. Well deserved:applause:

Yay! I'm staff!

THE POWER. THE POWER!

Wat powah!

Wait, I've always been reading that name in a wrong way! I thought the name was "The Mind Insanity" and not "The Mind Is A City".

Oh it will be like that soon, being on staff for a while drives everyone to insanity, especially Velvet :p

Yes, please put Moosh back on staff for a bit. I just suggested a sweet site event to her the other day. You need to let her back in so that can happen :p

Congratulations new Guide Team, and sorry you got suckered into more work Terminator. :eek:

Da Bears! :bearhug:

twyz gets it in one!

giphy.gif

A year later, House Triangle still kicking ass and winning all the time. :cool:

The Last of Us Game Night

It's time, once again, to spend an afternoon shiving each other in the back...and something to do with ballaches? I've never understood the reference, but I'm trying desperately to sound relevant.

Throwback!!! :francis:

For anyone who cares: It was the first TLOU Game Night and we were chatting away in the chat talking about shivving each other. It was soon after Christmas and we talked about eating chocolate as well and I mentioned eating too much can give you a right ballache. Rem comes in to the chat and summarises 'shivs and ballache, got it.'. And so a long and sexy friendship group was formed. :hug:

And also a rivalry... #fucktheBandits

A year later, House Triangle still kicking ass and winning all the time. :cool:

#:triangle:4life

Throwback!!! :francis:

For anyone who cares: It was the first TLOU Game Night and we were chatting away in the chat talking about shivving each other. It was soon after Christmas and we talked about eating chocolate as well and I mentioned eating too much can give you a right ballache. Rem comes in to the chat and summarises 'shivs and ballache, got it.'. And so a long and sexy friendship group was formed. :hug:

And also a rivalry... #fucktheBandits

#:triangle:4life

I also remember something about Warbear ditching us to play some crappy COD game and we sent her tons of PSN messages saying ballache.

Backdoor is waaaaaaay better than ballaches though :whistle:

[ame]

[/ame]

We can definitely agree on that last thing though :highfive:

http://i.imgur.com/0iwAH1y.png

Wait...

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/259/Hhh.JPG

:rofl: Also someone uses WYSIWYG editor!

Guy in the top left is clearly not amused by this, though

EDIT: Okay maybe the guy in the top left is me because I've been going through the old threads and that's about my reaction to not realizing that Drakeface has been in almost every newsletter image until now. Shepard too. April's newsletter even pointed this out and I still never realized. BRB just going to go hang my head in shame :pout:

EDIT AGAIN: Oh god dammit that other guy is the Shepard face isn't it. :(

Edited by mjc0961