Member of the Month - April 2015

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/MotM.png

It's that time of the month again and this time we've for someone that helped put a serious hole in the missing images backlog, wrote guides for Digimon All-Star Rumble and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and being an all round good egg so without further ado, I give you SSJ4_Haruhi!

Can you tell us a bit more about the person behind the PSN ID?

Sure but first let me say that I was COMPLETELY SHOCKED to be told I got this reward! Oh baby, lets get close!

Ahem, well my name is Phillip, Phil if you like and I look nothing like Phil Mitchell from EastEnders :p.

I am 23 and live in Norwich in England which is the capital of the East Anglia region. I have always had an interesting in gaming and IT and currently do data entry work. It is boring but I visit this site a lot to alleviate my boredom. For my next job I hope to either work as a councillor of some sorts or working outside.

As you probably know, I am at times one of the more bonkers members of PST. I think I must have got it from the likes of Hugh Laurie in the Blackadder TV shows and of course the masters of silliness: Harry Hill. Plus I used to watch a lot of YouTube Poops and love Laurel and Hardy.

If you have seen me around you will also know that I like some anime (Dragon Ball Z, Naruto Shippuden, Attack on Titan and many more), I grew up with the likes of Pokemon, Digimon and Cardcaptors (English name for Cardcaptor Sakura). I also love movies, going to the gym, wildlife, graphics making, the supernatural/paranormal and some TV shows like Arrow, The Walking Dead (Only up to season 3), The Musketeers and me and my Dad's favourite: The Chase!

I am also quite active in the Nintendo sub-forum as I own a 2DS and Wii U and also the Movies section to.

What was the reasoning behind changing your name from Falcon1991 to SSJ4_Haruhi?

Well I had used Falcon1991 for years. It came from Captain Falcon from the F-Zero series, as in the original Smash Bros and Melee I loved using him.

When the name changes option came around during the Christmas advent events last year, I thought 'Ahh, why not!?'. I have told RomanClaret about the meaning behind my name before but for you other guys and girls, in Dragon Ball Z, when Goku goes Super Saiyan the abbreviation is SS. Now in Japan, they add Jin to the end of it so it is SSJ. Goku goes Super Saiyan 4 in Dragon Ball GT and whilst I do prefer the original Dragon Ball and Z, his SSJ4 form was the coolest to me so that is where the SSJ4 comes from.

Now for Haruhi. Basically I came across 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' back in 2008 and it was the first proper animé I watched outside of TV! She is bored of normal school life so sets up a club to look for the supernatural and paranormal but unknowingly to her, 3 of her members are secretly an alien, time traveller and Esper who are there to watch over her because unbenounced to her she has the powers of a god. That animé blew me away, as despite the description I just gave, it feels very grounded in reality as her beliefs of wanting a more exciting world struck a cord with me, as did Kyon's intelligent but at times lazy attitude.

Combine the strong physical powers of SSJ4 Goku, with the hidden powers of a god that Haruhi has and you have SSJ4_Haruhi.

What sort of setup do you have going back home for your gaming?

I don't know off the top of head so let me rush upstairs to check. Ok, I have a 23.6" HD Ready 1080p LCD/DVD TV with USB record. Now that is a mouthful. I admit though that I'm not that fussed about what TV size I have, as long as it is in high definition :).

How long have you been gaming and what made you decide the Playstation as your gaming companion?

Huddle round children and let me tell you!

Back when I was young my brother had a games console which sadly I can't remember what it was but I have fond memories of playing Lemmings and Bomberman.

My first owned gaming device was the original Game Boy with a copy of Pokemon Yellow. At the time I was really into the TV series so I was chuffed. I didn't know a thing about elemental types though and would get frustrated how my Pikachu couldn't beat Brock's Geodude and Onix. I also had Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 and Tetris.

It was a few years later, having played it round my first school friend's house that I got a PS1 with Crash Bandicoot 3, what a game! We were playing the level where you have to run like the wind away from a Triceratops. My personal favourite level was when you'd play as Crash's younger sister Coco on her tiger along the Great Wall of China.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FB9xzwrXRlk/T3M9bUCSwrI/AAAAAAAAAn4/KaGN717JsBs/s1600/Crash3-jpg.jpg

It was my brother again who had a PS2, I used to get on down with the funky beat in GTA San Andreas and eventually bought my PS2 in 2004 or 5. The first summer my Dad had gone to a car boot (yard sale but usually on a field) and got me Tekken Tag Tournament. To this day, it is my favourite Tekken game ever and the music is just so stimulating. My favourite being the School yard theme but yeah, growing up, the series that I cherished the most would be: Pokemon, Super Smash Bros, Crash Bandicoot, Soul Calibur 2 and 3, Tekken Tag Tournament, Mario Kart and Grand Theft Auto.

What game(s) got you into the Fighter genre?

I honestly think that it was the original Smash Bros on my good ol' N64. It was the first fighting game I ever played and the controls were really easy to get used to. In terms of the more serious fighters, I would say that Tekken Tag Tournament was the game to get me into the likes of Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Street Fighter IV. I am definitely no pro though. I just like playing fighting games for fun and I'd get thrashed online or on anything above normal difficulty.

I actually bought a cheap GameCube from my local market just so I could play Smash Bros Melee again. To this day I still have it.

What was the last game you bought and what's the next one you're looking forward to?

Playstation wise, it was Digimon All-Star Rumble back in November. Graphically it isn't great and the road to the (P) is highly grindy and dull but I found some charm from it as I grew up with the series. It makes me sad that it won't be getting any DLC, I'd have loved to have seen Palmon or Patamon from series 1.

The next game I am really excited about is J-Stars Victory vs. It is a fighting game with Shonen Jump's biggest stars so Goku, Luffy, Naruto and a lot of smaller characters. I don't have a PS4 yet but that game will be one game I am gonna get. That aside, Batman Arkham Knight looks really exciting and as a Naruto fan I'll be getting Storm 4 on day 1. Plus I hope people give Until Dawn a look, it looks very creepy and has the beautiful Hayden Panettiere.

If you had the chance to improve the Playstation and/or PS store, what one thing would you like to see implemented?

The option to sort your downloads by 'Games', 'DLC', 'Demos' etc. Back on my old Falcon1991 account, I had many hundreds of downloads that I have to trawl through just to redownload a demo that has been removed or an old PSN game I may have bought like Flower.

If you could add one title to the PSN store from any gaming system past or present what would it be?

People will think this is highly peculiar but I would love to have the Muppets PS Vita game ported to PSN as I love the Muppets. It came out last year and if I had a Vita I'd have bought it in a heartbeat.

http://thevitalounge.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/muppets8.jpg

How much of a certified trophy whore are you? Does the trophy list play any part in the decision to play or buy a game or do you base that decision entirely on the game?

I used to be pretty bad. On my old Falcon1991 account I traded in some of my finished games to CEX and got back some of my older games (for free through exchange voucher) just to (P) them and get my completion rate up. When my PS3 died in the May of 2014, I wondered whether to go for a 100% profile but I eventually just stopped. Why force myself through trophies I find frustrating just to have 100% on my profile? I now buy games knowing that I won't (P) or 100% them all and just play them for fun. Naturally I still go for (P) or 100% in games that I like so yeah, bring on Street Fighter V!

What would you say was your proudest Platinum and why?

Ignoring the (P) trophies I got on my old account, for my new SSJ4_Haruhi account I would say Digimon All-Star Rumble. Like I've said earlier I grew up with that series and whilst the grind was torture, to know that I will have a (P) that will be ultra rare for a long time to come is very satisfying:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/2952/d54.jpg Digimon Master (P)

Unlocked all Trophies.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the end of the world was nigh and you had to grab three games/franchises to take with you to play out your final days to, what would they be?

Super Smash Bros Melee - I got this and my GameCube for Christmas back during middle school. To this day it is still my favourite ever fighting game and in my opinion the best Smash game, despite Smash for Wii U being great. I used to mainly play as Mario, Marth and Ness and now in Smash 3DS/Wii U I mainly play as Ness, Sheik and Wii Fit Trainer.

[ame]

[/ame]

Pokemon Yellow - Well come on, this was my first ever game. I remember restarting Yellow/Red/Blue countless times with so many teams but yet I never got all 151. I never tired of having different teams and chilling with the big boys in Celdaon City department store.

[ame]

[/ame]

Soul Calibur 2 - I loved this game so much that I got the HD version for PS3 but I would take the GameCube version. Anyone who has played this should remember 'Weapon Master' mode. I loved how long and expansive it was and really it would be good to get myself practising as different characters. I was quite spammy as a young teen but did get all of the characters.

[ame]

[/ame]

What brought you to PST and what keeps you coming back?

I came here when I was mildly intrigued to see Tekken 6's trophies and ended up staying as I remember I got Assassin's Creed 2, Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe and other trophy enabled titles for Christmas. I also had a bad experience at a previous gaming forum where I would be belittled for my anime and gaming interests so to be part of a forum that doesn't bully, was also a factor.

If you were an admin of PST for a day, what would you do and why?

I'd booty shake with everyone :p. Nah, I would set up some game nights for some fighting games. J-Stars Victory vs, any of the Naruto games with multiplayer or the Tekken games would be my pick. I'd also invite anyone near enough to Norwich to come and meet up. My local game shop often has a TV available to play games on :).

Any final words for the community?

I joined up years back and had a good time gradually feeling part of the community. Now as I have been here for years, I really feel like this place is a second home :). I am gonna feel bad if I forgot to mention someone but really all of you make this place special. That said, I want to give special thanks to a few specific members:

Terminator - For never complaining when I was doing my Guide searches for broken images. You'll see me back at that thread in early June! You also have an answer for literally all of my gaming problems.

StarlightSammy - I don't know how active you are here anymore Sammy but it was you with your Haruhi signature that made me sign up as I am a true Haruhi fan. Thank you for all the fun times at the Lightning Force clan, I remember we had so much fun with our Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing nights and tournaments.

RomanClaret - I only really started to see you around at the Christmas advent events and I'm glad that I sent you a friend request! Not only are you in the same region as me but you are always a happy and positive face, asking me how my trophy guides are going and generally being a cool guy. Now watch Bear Grylls: The Island, it is awesome!

Other shout outs to Vava for his sheer dedication to the Nintendo sub-forum, GlennThomas for honoring me with the fact that he got interested in graphics making when I made him a signature years ago, Kahuna for being the best Cookie monster roleplayer, Xander and Sylar for being cool dudes, the old school Anime thread peeps back from 2009/2010/2011 and anyone who has enjoyed having a natter with me.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

Congratulations mate. :applause:

Combine the strong physical powers of SSJ4 Goku, with the hidden powers of a god that Haruhi has and you have SSJ4_Haruhi.

Think a lot of yourself ey? :p

Back when I was young my brother had a games console which sadly I can't remember what it was but I have fond memories of playing Lemmings and Bomberman.

Amiga 500?

Congratulations muppet! :banana:

Tekken tag is hella fun! Did you know they released it on ps3 in HD with trophy support? ;)

http://www.geekaygames.com/u_images/product/1322390058_main_Tekken_Hybrid.jpg

A well deserved motm! :applause: :bow:

Yupage. I bought it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I remember one day I was complaining to a PSN friend that I'd been trying to get the Turkey trophy for 3 consecutive strikes and then I got it straight after speaking to him. I believe my elequant post was something along the line of 'OMFG *Facepalm*, you'd never guess what?! I just got it'. :p

Yupage. I bought it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I remember one day I was complaining to a PSN friend that I'd been trying to get the Turkey trophy for 3 consecutive strikes and then I got it straight after speaking to him. I believe my elequant post was something along the line of 'OMFG *Facepalm*, you'd never guess what?! I just got it'. :p

Hurrah! :drunk:

:cool:

Complaining always works, it's just one of those things!