Member of the Month - September 2014

fletchar2

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/MotM.png

With a new month brings another exciting opportunity to reward one of our fantastic contributors amongst the community. We're a month into a thrilling new THL season, and our new Member of the Month is no stranger to the competition, having won it with his team previously. Not only this, but they have written some brilliant guides for us all to use, including major games such as Injustice Gods Among Us and Mortal Kombat.

On top of these credentials, the person behind this username has also proven to be an extremely helpful and friendly person around the forums... and has actively done so for a very long time. Ladies and gentlemen, I am honoured to introduce you to our Member of the Month for September 2014, Leptonic! Congratulations! :applause:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/blueline.png

Can you tell us a bit more about the person behind the PSN ID?

Man… I never thought I could some day be filling this… let’s try it then…

Moy. That’s my real name. I am a proud 29 year old Mexican and Astronomy lover… a simple guy with two jobs: System Management in a family bussiness (social meetings) and Math teacher at college in my alma matter UNAM.

I was born in Los Cabos, Baja California but I’m living in Mexico City at the moment. Gaming is my second real love in life… Miami Dolphins are my first love, enough said :cool: sadly not good years lately :pout:

I love to eat ‘tacos de pastor’ and the ‘pozole’ kills me with a really cold ‘Coronita’ next to it :drunk:

You mentioned your love for astronomy; what in particular attracts you to the subject and how do you explore your passion?

I love space, and the eternal question still unanswered… are we alone in the universe? I think we’re not…

In my non-gaming years I became a true follower of Einstein Relativy Theories, they are marvellous, he was beyond a genius and I spent hundreds of hours reading all relativity and astronomy related stuff everywhere.

Then came Carl Sagan’s Contact with Judie Foster, man! I almost cried watching it, or I think I did lol… my favourite movie ever!

Now I keep reading all recent discoveries around the world such as the super discovery of the Higgs boson (God’s particle), the white holes discovered by the gifted mind that is Stephen Hawking :respect: and the anti-particles amongst many other crazy things… man is just amazing.

http://www.centralcoastastronomy.org/wp-content/themes/chrome_20/images/m31-galaxy1.jpg

Having two jobs must be hard work in itself, how do you find time to fit in gaming and rack up your trophy count?

It’s all about organization and following my own rules… first the duties and then the fun, after every day being crazy with traffic, people, bills even with the girlfriend lol… and all that stuff I just want to get home and relax and be playing anything! But I get a distraction. Every day.

Gaming is my relaxing time, my stamina battery =)

Sometimes I don’t sleep as much as I wish but that’s why weekends were invented, to sleep, weren’t they? XD

What sort of setup do you have going back home for your gaming?

Actually I have a Phillips 46” LCD with a Sony Home Teather 5.1 plug in… 2 meters next to it another 32 Sony LCD where I can watch NFL football and baseball while I game or where I can self boost some annoying online trophies from time to time.

At my back a couple of shelves with around 800 games for all consoles (Wii, Wii-U, PS2, PSP, 360) including like 300 PS3-PS4-Vita games… and I’m always playing PSN games or rentals lol… an entire life of gaming ahead for my children!

How did you end up becoming a Dolphins fan and have you ever been to Miami to see a game?

When I was a little kid my father went to Miami to do some bussiness and he returned with souvenirs for all my brothers and myself… you know what was one of those gifts? A Dan Marino poster! The funny thing is my father doesn’t like the NFL at all, he just delivered it to me without knowing he had just planted the seed in my mind and in my life… a simple poster… I love you dad =)

Years later all my world turned aroud that franchise… football player cards, statistics, helmets… I wear something every day with the Dolphins: a watch, keychain, even my car has some Dolphins inside and outside lol…

1997 was one of my best years ever! NFL came here to the Azteca Stadium and I could see that man, Dan, throwing some passes in a pre-season game against another legend Elway… Oh boy what a game!

I still haven’t had the chance to go to Miami myself :pout: … that’s one of my targets in my life, watching a NFL season game with my super team beating those Pats!! :deadhorse: I’m working on it…

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/Image/ryan-tannehill-madden-25-rating.jpg

How long have you been gaming and what made you decide PlayStation as your gaming companion?

My gaming career dates from N64 with the lovely Banjo Kazooie… my very first platinum never earned lol… I remember I finished it like 20 times doing almost a speed run.

I stopped gaming for a few years and returned to the 360 late 2006… I got really bored with that console and in 2009 I jumped to the super PS3 system and I’ve been a real trophy hunter since 2010… man I’m old!

What was the last game you bought, and what's the next one you’re looking forward to?

Like many trophy hunters around here I suffer from what I call “compulsive gaming buys”… I visit the game stores 3-4 days per week just like some people go to the park and see the paradise… and 20% of the games I buy, I never touch them. They are right there, getting dusty on the shelf. But they are my proud collection like any other collection, you know.

Returning to the question, the last game I bought was Destiny, which is a pretty cool game and my future game should be Alien Isolation… I just can’t wait to get my hands on it.

If you had the chance to improve the PlayStation and/or PSN store, what one thing would you like to see implemented?

Well, after my 360 gaming and comparing it with Sony consoles I think I can find some differences. There is one thing that tbh Microsoft has much much better… Online voice-chat connectivity playing different games, I know PS4 has solved this but there are still too many gamers on PS3 (including myself) who wish to have at least half of the great connectivity 360 shows… but I think that would never happen ever… anyway we have FREE access to online!! And that’s a huge effort from Sony :applause:

If you could add one title to the PSN store from any gaming system past or present what would it be?

Starwars The Old Republic defo! I mean the game hasn’t even got Mac Support where I play it but my PC speed is just pathetic… I could be playing that game for many many hours…

http://lowdownblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/star-wars-the-old-republic-banner.jpg

How much of a certified trophy whore are you? Does the trophy list play any part in the decision to play or buy a game, or do you base that decision entirely on the game?

I’m 100% a trophy whore but I’m not a completionist and I won’t ever be… I respect all those really hardcore completionist gamers around, they are just amazing, their entire dedication to all games, gaining the (P) no matter what, but personally I just don’t like to stress myself out for a trophy which demands hundreds of hours, and after that some glitch appears and no trophy!

I mean, life is too short… there are hundreds of games ready to be touched and I don’t want to waste my time focusing on one trophy whilst I can earn 50-60 trophies in other games in the same time period… my 47% completionist rate means nothing… but being number one in my beautiful country is priceless =)

It’s very simple, if a game hasn’t got trophies I don’t play it, even if it is a great one, ie. Heavenly Swords and Afro Samurai. Sorry, no trophies, no play…

The trophy list takes a second place, and then the price, I rarely buy a game with 5 trophies for the same price as one with 30. Let’s say I rent 50% of my games, I trade like 20% of them and I buy the rest, but I can wait for a price drop down in the future… I’m in no rush at all…

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You managed to win THL with your team in the 5th iteration of the competition. What made your team go for the win and how did you find the experience?

Oh! what a memories!... I loved those two months! It was real teamwork.

Hard to forget how dj was popping trophies everywhere, every time, any place. He is a beast, meanwhile kfree was doing one of his biggest sacrifices playing many many hours in game after game, or varkovsky doing the job that he just dominates… perfection rate… and myself sacrifying precious sleeping hours, meanwhile I was eating a quick snack or having breakfast with the dualshock in my hands… a great team doing great effort together… keeping in touch every single day and planning strategies.

It was a great experience definitely, I must say that it was super stressful too, but we did just great. It’s THL 7 now and our team is strong, let’s see how things go… beware guys! :devil:

What would you say was your proudest platinum and why?

DC Universe Online by far!... that game is just amazing and I spent like 150 hours on it. That’s the main reason why it is my proudest… I have never put as many hours into a single game ever. I would like to keep playing it just for the endless DLC but it’s just brutally time consuming. Maybe in the future I will think about returning to it again. When the Marks of Triumph were free lol…

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/screenshots/418/med_dc_scr_DLC4_LegendsPvP_010.jpg

If the end of the world was nigh and you had to grab three games/franchises to take with you to play out your final days to, what would they be?

Aabs Animals for all consoles! I will love to see my pet doing nothing all day! (nah! Joke). I think i will grab:

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - reaching level 70 with everybody is one of the more enjoyable grinds ever.

Bioshock – One of the best FPS in the history ever.

Mario Galaxy – Such a masterpiece.

What brought you to PST and what keeps you coming back?

The HUGE help that I could find when I needed it in LittleBigPlanet years ago… and the fact that I really love to make guides from time to time, and the fact that I have met really great gamers along the way: dj, oly, mob, kfree, jmac and many, many others. Thanks for the hundred of hours we have put together in gaming. You guys are great people and I wish I could meet some of you personally in real life someday.

Sadly I can’t find the time to write everything I wish to but when I can I always try to improve my English written that I really need to improve.

You have written some great trophy guides, do you have any tips for members that are looking into starting writing their own guides?

Everything has a beginning and that’s the first hard thing to focus, doing the first step, getting the confidence to start the first one… yes, you can do it!... then you gain huge experience for the second and the next guides.

To me the more important thing for a guide is that the writer must think of the new players incoming… remember, now you know how to play the game but they don’t have a clue and transmitting the basic steps to the new gamers sometimes is tricky… taking care of every single detail you could think is obvious… well sometimes it isn’t.

Pressing a button to start some fight to do a hard combo that you explain should sound enough maybe, but take in mind that to start the fight you need to go through some tricky menus before, and then you are in the fight… that’s a simple example.

And another really important thing is the timing. Do not rush to post some quick guide because there’s not one posted yet… give it dedication and organization, working in a Word file is the best thing to do, and taking care with the format, the style and the details, you can finish a guide in 2-3 hours but giving the format and the perfect style taking care about the details could take you another 2-3 hours more!

Out of all the guides you have written, which do you feel was the most enjoyable?

Mortal Kombat was my first baby and nothing is like the first baby is it? XD

I had the luck to grab the game a few days before the release date and I could start it without rushing… it was a fantastic experience, I learnt too many things unknown before then.

If just one gamer could recieve any kind of help with any guide I have written I’m more than satisfied =)

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/screenshots/593/med_MK9_360_Reptile-Dropkick-Coliseum_Hi_1280x720.jpg

If you were an admin of PST for a day, what would you do and why?

If I were an admin here I think the very first thing I would do is to search for a real admin because I would just suck in the role lol… everything is right in the place that it needs to be… maybe in the future some Donation system could be interesting, you never know when the admin wants to go to the Bahamas :p

Nah! It’s a joke… such a HUGE effort from Vy (Olsen in his time also) and all staff :respect:

Any final words for the community?

Man… an honor like this is the most major award I have ever received on the internet. EVER! I thought this award was deserved just by important members, but I’m really glad you guys did an exception this time :hug:

Huge thanks for this… thanks to all the staff who are doing amazing work here… dedicating their time watching everything around all the threads, helping new and veteran gamers, planning gaming activities and taking care of every single detail we can’t even imagine.

I just want to wish a long life to everybody, be healthy, be nice, be a real human with your neighbor and be ready for the next Dolphins’s championship!! 2020-2050 who cares! It will happen!! :D

I remember Leptonic a bit... Funny thing was I kind of met/ran into him sometimes in the sports section. I remember noticing him posting and hanging in the 2014 World Cup thread I created I believe...but later my sister kind of took over posting results and info about the tournament results often. And also the "Football" thread sports section as well too.

Also I am aware he made that great EA sports 2014 Brazil World Cup trophy guide as well. Which me and my sister have used a bit for our trophies from time to time! Great job man on that guide. Has come in handy for our 2014 World Cup game progress a bit. :p :thumbsup:

I'll be sure to alert my sister to drop you a nice congrats message as well on here Leptonic. I'm sure she'll be glad to when she has time. Since she will recognize you from the crazy 2014 World Cup craze that was happening in the sports threads on here a few months ago. ;)

Anyway congrats Leptonic ! :applause:

Edited by Capcom Juri Han

Man… an honor like this is the most major award I have ever received on the internet. EVER! I thought this award was deserved just by important members, but I’m really glad you guys did an exception this time :hug:

:eek: Don't put yourself down, you are definitely an important member! :)

Anyway, Congrats! :)

Edited by BrokenLegacy--