Member of the Month - August 2014

AppleKratue

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/MotM.png

August is almost over which means the start of the next THL season is just ahead. In all excitement for playing Bingo, let us not forget our next Member of the Month.

This member might not be known by everyone, but he kept the Guide Team very busy in the past months as he wrote not less than 10 trophy guides and 6 supplement threads within 4 months. Many of them are also for Japanese games which require a lot of extra work on top of providing the information needed for the trophies. Notable examples are the trophy guide for Sen no Kiseki, the trophy guide for The Reminiscence of Haruhi Suzumiya, and the supplement thread for Girls und Panzer: Senshado Kiwamemasu.

Without further ado, the award for our 66th Member of the Month for August 2014 goes to LD2013!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/blueline.png

Can you tell us a bit more about the person behind the PSN ID?

My friends usually call me by my real name Leon, while my former co-workers call me Yuki (short of Yukimura) during the 2 years I worked at a cellphone warehouse.

I used to be a Computer Engineering student at UT Arlington, but I just switched my major recently. Now I need to finish my business-related degree (finance or accounting) as soon as I can since my age is pretty old :p.

Besides gaming, I love to research info about WWII tanks and history (I wanted to be a history professor, but my English was not that good to explain the lecture words by words, so I gave up on it). Watching anime, reading manga, and listening to Japanese songs are also my hobbies every night. Whenever I have free time, I like to study Japanese and practice programming since I promised my friend that I will master my programming skill one day, and who knows, it may help me in the future :p.

I also fix computers for my friends and cousins (any hardware or software issues), since it’s fun to mess around with the PC. I don’t charge them money, however, due to my policy, they don’t ask me to fix their PC again, and instead they decide to buy a new PC. I took one part from their PCs (such as RAM, DVD-ROM, etc.) if I fixed those PCs as my reward.

What kind of policy do you have that your friends won't ask you again to fix their PCs, but on top that you take a part from their PC too?

1. Allow me to access everything in the PC.
  2. Don't ask me how I fix it.
  3. If I fix the PC successfully, I will take one part from your PC (but don't worry, the PC still operates without that thing). If not, then I will leave it in the same condition in which you gave me the PC.

There was one special case in which I didn't fix my cousin's PC because he just bought a new PC then for some reason. He kicked the PC case really hard which caused most of the hardware stuff to fail one day after that. I could help him to buy the separate parts to replace the broken ones, but I didn't do that. I just told him that it couldn't be recovered, and recommended him to buy the new PC. Just wanted to punish him who had a money tree and didn't take care of his stuff. :whistle:

Let us pretend I don't know this already. What's the meaning of your PST user name and why is it different to your PSN name (hasegawa2010)?

L: Leon

D: Uhm, my last name

2013: I usually put the year after the user name when I create an account during the same year. But I didn't remember why I choose 13 over 12 when I made this account in 2012 :confused:.

Hasegawa is the name of a general who fought with the Japanese Emperor's side in the movie The Last Samurai. After losing the first battle with Katsumoto's army, he committed seppuku and then had his head cut off by Katsumoto. Even if he was just a fictional character, he was a "Real Man", that's why I decided to use his name as my PSN ID.

I didn't intend to use this account for a long period of time, so I didn't create the same user name. I planned to change it half a year ago, but it was too late because the user name changing thread was closed :(. But now I like this user name, because people know me as LD or hasegawa :), therefore I don't need to change the name.

What sort of setup do you have going back home for your gaming?

At home, there are two places where I can play games:

Living room: I have a 40” 1080P Samsung LED TV. I didn’t bother to buy any good speakers since there were three babies in the house so I could only play games without any sound (or very low) :(. A PS3 Super Slim (500 GB), a PS2, and a GameCube are hooked up to it for gaming.

Bedroom: I have a small 32” Insignia TV Flat Screen with an Xbox360 (4 GB) and a PS3 Slim (250 GB) hooked up to that TV. I rarely play games in this room because it’s not comfortable to sit on the mattress to play games; however, it’s better to play Vita or PSP games while lying down on the bed :p.

How long have you been gaming and what made you decide PlayStation as your gaming companion?

I had been gaming for almost 21 years. My first console was the NES; I still love the time to enjoy Mario games on this console. Few years later, my cousin sold me his PlayStation and then I liked to play games on PlayStation. The reason I decided PlayStation as my gaming companion is because I can play Japanese games on some of the Sony consoles.

What was the last game you bought, and what's the next one you’re looking forward to?

The last game I bought was Sword Art Online (NA digital version); I liked the anime version so I hope the game won’t disappoint me. :whistle:

There are many games on my “wanted list”, the ones I’m really looking forward are:

1. Sen no Kiseki 2
  2. Persona 5 (I love every Persona and Shin Megami Tensei game ;))
  3. Resident Evil 7 (As a true fan of RE series, I keep waiting until Capcom releases it)
  4. Final Fantasy Type-0 (I already played the English version from the fan translation group’s patch on emulator, but I still want to play it again with the HD version).
  5. Samurai Warriors 4 and Sengoku Basara 4 (Japanese history time :D)

http://i.imgur.com/ksQyYyy.jpg

If you had the chance to improve the PlayStation and/or PSN store, what one thing would you like to see implemented?

I want the PS3 to have the same feature as the Vita, so I don’t need to quit the game to access the PSN store. I also want that they improve the PSN store with better GUI so players can search the game quickly and it won’t freeze their console sometime. It would be good if they allow Vita to have multiple accounts as I hate switching accounts :mad:.

If you could add one title to the PSN store from any gaming system past or present what would it be?

I would like to see Operation Darkness (Xbox 360) on the PSN store. This game is the reason why I bought the Xbox 360; a good SRPG based on the WWII theme.

http://i.imgur.com/vgfg3oZ.jpg

How much of a certified trophy whore are you? Does the trophy list play any part in the decision to play or buy a game, or do you base that decision entirely on the game?

I won’t deny that I don’t hunt trophies in every game I have, but I’m not really a trophy whore who buys cheap and easy games to have some plats on his profile :p. However, I don’t mind to import some Visual Novels to boost my score during THL events. Besides, it looks cool to have some Japanese plats on my profile.

I always pre-order the games before the trophy lists are announced, so you can tell that the trophy list doesn’t affect my decision to buy the games.

What would you say was your proudest platinum and why?

My proudest platinum would be Girls und Panzer. The conversation trophy is an ultra rare one as it is really hard to trigger all possible conversations in the game since you won’t know the exact conditions to make them occur. After I received the strategy book, my friend (GME40) and I spent most of our time to translate and test the dialogue (it took us around 7-8 days). The game also requires the player's skill to finish all missions with S rank. Some of the missions are not easy unless you know what to do. Basically, without a conversation guide, platting this game is almost impossible because there are MANY conversations in the game.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the end of the world was nigh and you had to grab three games/franchises to take with you to play out your final days to, what would they be?

Well, I hope it won’t happen soon :p

I gonna pick these games:

1. Final Fantasy VIII: Yes, it is #8. I love this game so much; it’s my first Final Fantasy game I ever played. The story and characters are unique, and I wish Square-Enix decides to remake this game in the future.
  2. Final Fantasy Type-0: One of the good Final Fantasy games, but due to the language barrier and being a PSP game, I’m pretty sure many players missed a chance to play it. Luckily, now they can have an opportunity to play it later on PS4 :p.
  3. Sen no Kiseki: There is just no way that I don’t play this game during my final days.

http://i.imgur.com/hBuk4DH.jpg

There is one thing which these games have in common; can you guess what is it?

[spoiler=ID123]They have a military academy setting plot.

There is another game that would fit this theme: Valkyria Chronicles. Did you play any title from the series and if yes, how did you like it?

The reason I didn't list the Valkyria Chronicles series in the final days question is because I will play these games when I have time before it happens :p.

VC is a unique game series. The story is really good and there are a lot of things I like: Gender is not a matter here, so my squad has many cute girls :p, small/weak country fight against a big empire, solving the discrimination (Darcsen people), WWII theme, every character has their own potential skills, strategy RPG, unique weapons and tanks.

I owned and played 4 Valkyria Chronicles games (including all of their DLC missions): VC (NA version), VC2 (NA version), VC3 (JP version), and VC3-E2 (JP version). You may have a question about what is the difference between VC3 and VC3-E2 if you never played these games before. Basically, they are the same. VC3-E2 has the same story, skirmish and DLC missions as VC3, however, it also has some new missions.

Here are my honorable achievements in these games:

Valkyria Chronicles: 74 hours

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w579/hasegawa2010/Valkyria%20Chronicles%20Series/VC1_zps9375944e.jpg

Valkyria Chronicles 2: 194 hours (still need to grind for the materials to upgrade all tanks and weapons for the last 2 medals :()

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w579/hasegawa2010/Valkyria%20Chronicles%20Series/VC2-1_zpsbfbca42f.jpg

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w579/hasegawa2010/Valkyria%20Chronicles%20Series/VC2-2_zps2e1c7460.jpg

Valkyria Chronicles 3-E2: 167 hours

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w579/hasegawa2010/Valkyria%20Chronicles%20Series/VC3-1_zpsaba1d410.jpg

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w579/hasegawa2010/Valkyria%20Chronicles%20Series/VC3-2_zpsdaee4dad.jpg

Obviously Japanese games are your favourites. Have you ever been to Japan or do you plan to visit it someday?

Yup, I plan to visit Japan someday, but only if my Master (like a big brother to me who taught me Karate, computer stuff, and Japanese culture & tradition) will go with me. Without him, it's pointless to go there because my purpose to go to Japan is only for culture, history, and sightseeing.

What brought you to PST and what keeps you coming back?

I made this account in 2012 to make some posts to say thank you to the guide authors after I platted the game by using their guides. I was not really active on this site until January 2014 when I had to make 250 posts in order to join THL 6. After that, my best friend AppleKratue encouraged me to make trophy guides for certain games, and I was addicted to write trophy guides from that time.

You have written many trophy guides and supplements in a short amount of time. Did you ever sleep between writing them, and is there a guide you enjoyed writing the most?

The only time I didn't have any good sleep is when I made a guide for Mind Zero, because I suddenly received a phone call from my friend. He said that he and his girlfriend would visit me in the next four days. Therefore, I tried to finish the game + a guide before they came. Fortunately, I finished everything before they came, but due to the lack of sleep, I couldn't hang out with them much :(.

The most enjoyable guide I ever wrote is my latest guide: Girls und Panzer, because I aimed for this guide when they announced the game. As a big fan of the anime and WWII tank, I really enjoy the game, and of course, the guide too.

I think I already know the answer to this one, but what is your favourite anime and why? What makes it stand out above the others?

I don't have a favorite anime because every anime which I used to watch are my favorite ones since I'm picky in choosing animes to watch :p. But if I have to choose what anime I watched the most, I would pick Girls und Panzer because I watched this anime more than 15 times. It's a really good anime and I will never be bored from it even if I watch it multiple times. Anime girls + WWII tanks => Best combination I ever see :D.

If you were an admin of PST for a day, what would you do and why?

I would allow PST members to change their user name, since some members missed an opportunity to change their user name last time.

I also want to give myself a special site award for being a 1-day admin, then I can still have this award after the day ends :p.

Any final words for the community?

Be strong, be smart, and be happy in gaming and trophy hunting ;), but don’t forget that you still have something more important in your life (family, school, and work), so take your time to enjoy the game while taking good care of your things in real life too :D.