Member of the Month - July 2014

http://efunk.bravehost.com/PS3T/MOM_banner.jpg

Another month into the year, and we're now halfway through 2014. Time sure does fly, and we've seen some big changes around the site all the way up to admin level. One thing that has stayed the same throughout this period, however, are the fantastic contributions this member has made.

From creating signatures for the members of this site, to maintaining major threads such as PlayStation Network Games With Platinums and the Long/Very Difficult Platinums & PSN 100% thread, this member has pulled out all the stops for a long duration of time. Even more recently however, his efforts to provide images for the Missing Trophy Guide and Supplement Images thread have not gone unnoticed.

Without further ado, I present our Member of the Month for July 2014, Ryukori!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/blueline.png

Can you tell us a bit more about the person behind the PSN ID?

My close friends call me Mochi (not my birth name), and I am a software engineering student from Ontario, Canada. Besides gaming, I love watching anime, reading manga, travelling around the world, studying anything related to science and technology, and trying to maintain/improve my proficiency in Japanese.

You mentioned you're studying Software Engineering. Would you care to expand on what this involves and where you would like to see yourself once you finish studying?

Software engineering basically involves developing anything related to software. It could be software for an aircraft, security systems, or even developing games, to name a few examples. I've developed a few iOS games before as part of an indie team, and I've been part of some security software development projects for small companies.

After I finish my undergraduate degree, I plan to go for my master's degree at either Stanford University, Caltech, MIT, or the University of Tokyo (fingers crossed). It depends where I decide to live or where I can get admission to, but I like to hit big. ;)

A little birdie tells me you lived in Japan at some point, is this true? If so, how did you find the experience?

I lived in Japan twice, 4 months each time to work, and it was a dream come true.

Living in a different country with different customs was overwhelming at first, but I adapted pretty quick. I already had several years of experience with the language, so that wasn't much of a problem. However, food was the hardest thing to adapt to, in my opinion. At first, I only liked a few dishes, but I eventually got used to the unusual tastes of some foods, such as nattou (なっとう).

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to travel much because I was so busy, but I value the life experience more than sightseeing. Hopefully, I'll be able to go again this September. :D

What sort of setup do you have going back home for your gaming?

When I'm home in Canada, I have a 70" 1080p Samsung LED Smart TV that I recently bought, and a Panasonic 5.1 surround sound system. Hooked up to it are my fat 40GB PS3, and PS4, that I use for gaming, and an Xbox One that I use to watch anime/movies/TV shows. I have a PS Vita collecting dust somewhere, and a bunch of other consoles stored in boxes in my basement.

When I'm out of country, I use a 24" 1080p ASUS monitor with a pair of Logitech stereo speakers. The change feels quite different. :p

If you're used to a 70" TV, I'm not surprised it's an adjustment when you have to use the 24"! How do you find gaming on such a big screen? I've always wanted to play on a cinema screen; with a little bit of exaggeration on my part you practically already have that. :D

I like gaming on the big screen when I'm playing a game with amazing graphics, or if I'm playing casually. When playing competitively or trophy hunting in a difficult game, I prefer the smaller screen because I don't have to roll my eyes around the screen much. It's actually harder to play on a larger screen, in my opinion. ;)

How long have you been gaming and what made you decide PlayStation as your gaming companion?

I have been gaming for as long as I can remember. I used to always hit the arcade, but my first console that I owned was the NES. I was always a Nintendo and Sony fan simultaneously, but after Nintendo released the Wii, I've stuck with the PlayStation ever since. The PS3 made me stick with Sony because it could do pretty much anything I needed it to do to fulfill my entertainment needs, and it had all of my favourite third-party game series. I'm still a fan of Nintendo's handhelds and I buy them just to play Pokemon. :p

What was the last game you bought, and what's the next one you’re looking forward to?

The last game I bought was an import, White Album 2 for PS3.

The next games I'm looking forward to are Final Fantasy XV, and Kingdom Hearts III, but if I have to pick a game releasing this lifetime, then it would be Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution, which releases this September. I've been a huge fan of the Naruto: Ultimate Ninja games since the PS2 days, so I've been buying every one in the series since. :D

It's no lie that you're an Anime/Manga fan. If your avatar wasn't evident enough of that, I think the 750+ posts you have in the respective thread is! For somebody like myself that has never given it a chance, what is the appeal to it?

What I love about anime and manga the most are the stories and art. To me at least, anime and manga have ideas that are really hard to find anywhere else, and they really draw me in compared to western TV shows.

I think I already know the answer to this one, but what is your favourite anime and why? What makes it stand out above the others?

Most people would think that my favourite anime is Naruto because of my avatar that I haven't changed in forever, but that is not true! :p

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/screenshots/1607/med_naruto3-fullburst--3576-fb-narutos-pleading02.jpg

Honestly, having completed so many anime series, I can't choose a favourite. Somewhere in my top favourite anime series of all time list, that don't include movies or specials, and in a random order are:

• AnoHana
  • Baccano!
  • Death Note
  • Durarara!!
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  • Hunter x Hunter (2011)
  • Shingeki no Kyojin
  • Steins;Gate
  • The World God Only Knows
  • Welcome to the NHK

That is my quick list of favourites if we're only talking about anime series. If I included movies and specials, or if it were a manga list (Naruto would be on this list :p), it would be a totally different list. ;)

If you had the chance to improve the PlayStation and/or PSN store, what one thing would you like to see implemented?

I want the PS4 to get portable HDD support so I can use that to watch all my anime on the big screen, and so I can also sell my Xbox One. :D

If you could add one title to the PSN store from any gaming system past or present what would it be?

The Japanese version of Dance Dance Revolution: SuperNova 2. The version released overseas was completely butchered, just like every other localized Dance Dance Revolution game. :mad:

How much of a certified trophy whore are you? Does the trophy list play any part in the decision to play or buy a game, or do you base that decision entirely on the game?

I don't spend any money on games just for their trophies.

The trophy list takes no part in my decision to buy a game. If a game looks interesting to me, the trophy list won't stop me from buying or playing it.

However, if I can borrow a game with an easy (P) from a friend or something, then I'd definitely go for it, within reason. ;)

What would you say was your proudest platinum and why?

My proudest (P) would probably be Killzone 2. Elite difficulty in this game was the hardest in any shooter I've played on the PS3, in my opinion. Getting to the top 1% online for the weekly ranks was also a pain.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/screenshots/42/med_Killzone2_screenshot_2.jpg

If the end of the world was nigh and you had to grab three games/franchises to take with you to play out your final days to, what would they be?

The newest main Pokemon game, one of the Naruto: Ultimate Ninja games, and the newest LittleBigPlanet game.

I've been a huge fan of the Pokemon games ever since the 1st generation, and I own every Pokemon game except for Black 2, White 2, and X.

I can never get bored of playing a Naruto: Ultimate Ninja game. I love the Naruto franchise, and I think CyberConnect2 does an awesome job with the games.

The LittleBigPlanet series is one of my favourite on PS3 because of all the stuff you can do. The possibilities are endless. ;)

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/screenshots/533/med_movepack06.jpg

What brought you to PS3T and what keeps you coming back?

At first, it was the guide for the first LittleBigPlanet game. After that, I got attached to the awesome community, made a ton of friends, and started posting regularly.

If you were an admin of PS3T for a day, what would you do and why?

I'd change everyone's avatar to something anime-related. :whistle:

Any final words for the community?

I'd like to thank the staff for keeping this forum intact, and the awesome community for being so friendly. Keep being awesome everyone! :hug:

Edited by Vyrastas

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Ryukori! Well deserved :applause:

Congrats Ryukori :)

Congrats Ryukori. Well deserved! :)

Grats Ryukori! Well deserved for sure. :)

Congrats man, long overdue :applause:

Well done Ryukori :)

Congrats Ryukori, well deserved :applause:

Congrats Ryukori. :applause: You've been doing a lot of work the last little while here. Glad you're getting recognized. ;)

Congratulations Ryukori! :)

Congrats! :) I don't know you, but even I can see your great effort for this site. Everytime I read one of your posts, you're showing a very friendly and courteous attitude. Keep it up, well deserved!

Congratulations Ryukori :applause:

Thanks everyone! :)

Congrats Ryukori/Sackboy :p

Congrats Sackboy :applause:

Congrats Sackboy_LBP! :)

(Yeah, I'll always call you that. Just a habit. :p)

Thank you! :)

You remember! :p

Congratulations M! :hug:

You finally got it after all :p

Thanks Buttercup! :hug:

You can predict the future! :francis:

Congratulations, Ryukori! :applause: Well deserved indeed. I'm sad there's no Code Geass mention but at least Death Note's there :p

Thanks darkdante! :)

I loved Code Geass, but I never watched R2, so I couldn't add it to my favourites list since I left it incomplete. Maybe someday soon I'll finish it! :D