Presenting The PlayStation Trophies Podcast, Episode One – All Things PlayStation 4

olsen77

Reposting for Webb:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/header-podcast.jpg

Ask anybody on the sister site, and the word podcast is a sore subject. It’s been launched, rebooted and rebooted numerous times. Over here though, there just hasn’t been one. That’s changing now. Seeing as it’s the beginning of a new generation, we thought it’d be rude not to.

Ladies and gents, welcome to the PlayStation Trophies Full English Podcast, with myself, Richard Walker and Lee Bradley – we’re all English, see? – where we talk about anything and everything in the games industry.

For this first episode though, we’re talking strictly PlayStation 4 exclusives. Slightly later than planned, mainly because we were waiting for the new site to launch before we did this, but it’s entertaining nevertheless.

As the weeks and months go on, the format of the show will change slightly, with the podcast – for most weeks, anyway – becoming the Xbox Achievements and PlayStation Trophies Full English Podcast, with the focus being games. As we’ve said over the years, we have no allegiance to any platform, we just love games, so it makes no sense to split up the show across the two sites, so we didn’t.

So there you have it, a new podcast, a new site, and a new future. Strap yourselves in, grab a drink and take a listen. You won’t regret it. For now, we’re going through iTunes approval, so take a listen on the link below, or check back in a few days/week (we don’t know how long approval takes) for the iTunes link.

Listen to the debut PlayStation 4 special here

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, checking it out right now.

Edit: Well new things are fun to try out, but 1 hour of audio and no video footage of the conversation is somewhat kinda boring. Reading an article is much more interesting than a Podcast, but that's just me. :o

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

Edit: Well new things are fun to try out, but 1 hour of audio and no video footage of the conversation is somewhat kinda boring. Reading an article is much more interesting than a Podcast, but that's just me. :o

I'll pass this along. It's episode one though and the whole thing is just starting out.

I'd rather have someone read to me. :p

Will take a listen later, sounds interesting. Can't wait for the guest appearances. *Cough* :D :francis:

Three things.

First, I enjoyed it. (The PS4 One) Listed to it on my phone while working. Good show, really, and generally I'm not big on the whole podcast thing, or "talk radio" in general, as it tends to get tedious after more than 15-20 minutes unless the subject matter has me hooked.

Second, a video version would be outstanding and I would be very much inclined to watch, plus you could throw in snippits of games your talking about, or add information on screen when talking about things like specs and whatnot. Also would be great when you do the specials. (Consider guests as well, perhaps, other staff/mods ect from either PST or XBA on a rotating basis if possible.)

Third, crack out the whip, use it on some poor soul, get a text based transcript of the whole thing, even more so if you guys plan on sticking with audio only. Perhaps release it a week after the audio version, just to give that tormented sore fingered individual time to listen, pause, type, and do so over and over for the duration of the show.

Also..."Sandwiched shaped obelisk", or "Toblerone" had me literally laughing out loud. :applause:

Edited by Psikorps

I was waiting to hear Olsen's golden voice. Only to be disappointed.

I missed the whole "Reporting for Webb" bit at the top.

Unfortunately for you, it's not something that I'm really interested in doing, nor do I have the time for it. And "golden voice" is a bit of an exaggeration.

I find it's better to listen to a podcast in the background while you may be browsing other sites, playing games, on the bus, on your way to work etc. Rather than starring at the screen while the audio plays out.

There's nothing better, that passes those long journeys to work, than a good podcasttoo work. I'll have a listen once my shifts finished.

Second, a video version would be outstanding and I would be very much inclined to watch, plus you could throw in snippits of games your talking about, or add information on screen when talking about things like specs and whatnot. Also would be great when you do the specials. (Consider guests as well, perhaps, other staff/mods ect from either PST or XBA on a rotating basis if possible.)

Third, crack out the whip, use it on some poor soul, get a text based transcript of the whole thing, even more so if you guys plan on sticking with audio only. Perhaps release it a week after the audio version, just to give that tormented sore fingered individual time to listen, pause, type, and do so over and over for the duration of the show.

^ I agree I think these would be really good ideas, if the podcast really was to take off and people enjoyed it!

Or if you don't do a video of you guys talking, at least add a picture of the game box art for the duration that you are talking about it, because I did find myself zoning out a little and then forgetting which game you were talking about :o.

Reposting for Webb:

Didn't read this

Ladies and gents, welcome to the PlayStation Trophies Full English Podcast, with myself, Richard Walker and Lee Bradley – we’re all English, see? –

But read this

Thought Olsen was British for a brief moment and lost my damn mind. Never really listened to podcasts before but what I did listen to seemed pretty entertaining.

Three things.

First, I enjoyed it. (The PS4 One) Listed to it on my phone while working. Good show, really, and generally I'm not big on the whole podcast thing, or "talk radio" in general, as it tends to get tedious after more than 15-20 minutes unless the subject matter has me hooked.

Also..."Sandwiched shaped obelisk", or "Toblerone" had me literally laughing out loud. :applause:

Superb feedback, truly appreciate it.

As to the two things that I can respond to:

- Video format - actually, that's a long-term goal for us and something we will do in the future. Not necessarily a video version of this in particular, but some kind of web show format. Obviously in order to do that we need some space to shoot, but we're working on that. Our goal is to offer something for everyone, whether it's text, video or audio, that way people can have the experience that suits them best.

- As for the transcript, if someone in the forums wants to do that, then great, but honestly, I'm not sure I'd give that task to my worst enemy =P We'll try and make it as interesting and funny as possible so you want to keep listening =)

I felt I needed a spot of tea and biscuits!

http://i6.ifrm.com/13592/198/emo/tophat.gif

We can certainly help there :p

Edited by Webb

I find it's better to listen to a podcast in the background while you may be browsing other sites, playing games, on the bus, on your way to work etc. Rather than starring at the screen while the audio plays out.

There's nothing better, that passes those long journeys to work, than a good podcasttoo work. I'll have a listen once my shifts finished.

^ This, I usually listen to them in the car driving to and from the office.

Excited to check out this podcast, I'll likely put it on a flash drive tonight and give 'er a listen during my commute tomorrow. :)

I enjoyed it.

A video version can be nothing more than the audio over over images and videos of the subject you're talking about. For example, you start talking about the UI. You'd just need video or screenshots of the UI on the screen. Obviously gameplay videos playing in sync with the discussion of games.

It would be simpler than trying to do live video of you guys sitting at a table. You can work that out down the road. Preferably with a green screen where you can still show games behind you.

Here's an example with a quickly thrown together background. When you're not talking about specific games where you can throw gameplay up, doing something like this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQBFhP5oGtE]PST Sample - YouTube[/ame]