New Staff

olsen77

It's the start of the new year, so it's time to introduce some new staff members. Unfortunately, these usually come with some departures, so we'll go through those first.

Fletchar is leaving the staff to focus more on school. He's been a huge part of the site's events since he joined the staff and he'll definitely be missed. The amount of effort he's put into the site's events over the years is pretty remarkable. We're also losing Rawra from the mod team. He hasn't been able to be active in a while because of work and life. He's tried for months to balance things out, but it's gotten to be too much, so he's decided to step aside. Both of them will be greatly missed in the staff forum not just for what they've done for the site, but because of what they brought to the staff.

A couple of months ago, we expanded the staff because of the PS4 and all of the new stuff would need more staff members. The one group that we didn't expand were the Max Clubs. The PS4 clubs weren't ready to go up, but now that they are, we need new directors for the clubs. We're adding two of them, mullinavat and darkdante14. In the short time that they've been a part of the staff, we can tell what great additions they'll be. Both of them have been standout members and have contributed quite a bit to the site.

To fill in the open spot on the events team, we went looking for someone that can not only duplicate the enthusiasm that fletchar brought, but bring in some new perspectives and fresh ideas to the staff. We're adding AlphaCookie to the events team. After all of the work that he's done with the site's clans, he'll be a natural fit.

Because we need a new mod, we're looking to the past a little bit. We're moving Labartu from the guide team over to the mods. Since English wasn't his first language, he was never totally comfortable with examining the grammar and spelling of guides. He's much more comfortable with modding and anyone who was around back when he was a mod will remember how good he was at it.

With an open spot in the guide team, we're adding someone that we've considered quite a few times for other staff jobs, but we never added him. Well, it's his turn now and we're looking forward to seeing why we messed up all the previous times by not adding him earlier. TheManUtdFan is joining the guide team. With all of the guides that he's done, he should be a great fit.

Thank you to fletch and Rawra for everything that they've done. All the best to them in the future. Welcome aboard to mullinavat, darkdante, AlphaCookie, Lab, and TheManUtdFan and best of luck in their new jobs.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

School and life comes first, so good on Fletchar and Rawra. Hope to see you both still runnin' around every so often. :)

Grats mullinavat and darkdante14 on the new roles, and AlphaCookie on the position!

I'm sure TMUF will do a great job in the guide team.

Grats to all!

Also, thanks Olsen for changing to a less intimidating avatar! Your holiday one was so unapproachable! ;P

Think my brain just exploded because of the changes in the staff. :o

To fletch and Rawra, may your lives continue to get better, and be sure to come back to this site often. :D

As for mullinvat, darkdante, TheManUtdFan, and alphacookie, congrats on becoming new staff members, and Labartu... it's great to see your username in mod blue again. :applause:

Sad to see Fletch and Rawra step down, but I definitely understand your reasons. Thanks for all the great work you've both put in around the site! Hope you do well in school Fletch, and hope you do well in life in general Rawra! :D

Congrats to mullinavat, darkdante, AlphaCoookie and TMUF on your new staff positions! :applause: And nice name colour change Lab. :)

Edited by Coop

No more Fletch. :(

Good luck with school! Hope to still see you around the forum. :hug:

Good luck to Rawra as well. I know you've contributed as a Mod for a while now, so it's sad to see you go.

And congrats to all the new positions! A pretty big expansion. I always knew Cookie would end up being an Event's Director at some point because he does a hell of a job with the clans, and Dan to join the GT. Good luck to the new CD's as well. And Labby. :hug:

Edited by Warbear

Because we need a new mod, we're looking to the past a little bit.

Is it bad that my idea of the past was to start thinking of Guzzy and Sanction? If you had said that about the guide team, I might have started thinking about Korix. :o

Anyway mull, I hope you're better at Club Directing than you are at using smoke bombs to hide from shivs. :rofl: And Cookie, try not to make every game night a Battlefield game night okay? :p

Is it bad that my idea of the past was to start thinking of Guzzy and Sanction? If you had said that about the guide team, I might have started thinking about Korix. :o

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WAqYCQLM1UU/TRQuCSRULXI/AAAAAAAAAJY/tG6RYaG4bYo/s1600/-Who-Animated-gif-arrested-development-9659488-432-240.gif

I've already considered that input. So I've decided that every GN I push for will be obscure PSN games with extremely laggy online components as a preventative measure.
Twisted Metal was going to be a PSN game originally, and it certainly is laggy enough. Will that count? :p

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WAqYCQLM1UU/TRQuCSRULXI/AAAAAAAAAJY/tG6RYaG4bYo/s1600/-Who-Animated-gif-arrested-development-9659488-432-240.gif

:rofl:

Fletch :pout: This still really sucks, you were the person who got me involved in the site when I wanted to take part in the FIFA 13 tournament and I didn't have enough posts to enter (that's right kids ;)), and you were really helpful and told me how to get involved so I could sign up. So you're pretty much responsible for me being around on here as that's how I got involved (sorry if this makes everyone cheer your departure :p). Thanks for all the help on here and privately too, stick around :hug:

Good luck to Rawra too, sorry you have to leave. :( See you in the Football Thread still I hope!

Good luck to all new staff. I'm not the newbie anymore :dance:

And the Count To 10 Thread has had a mini revival as of late...that'll be quashed pretty soon :devil: