Member of the Month - June 2012

http://efunk.bravehost.com/PS3T/MOM_banner.jpg

As we are celebrating PS3T's 4th birthday, it is time to recognize the member who has contributed greatly this past month. You've probably seen him on the battlefield as an officer for the Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 clans. It is with great honor to introduce June 2012's MoM.. Bounty_V! Congrats dude!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/blueline.png

Can you tell us a bit more about the person behind the PSN ID?

Well, my name is Jonathan and I currently live in Tri-Cities Tennessee. For those of you knowledgeable in NASCAR, I’m roughly a 40 minute drive from Bristol Motor Speedway. I graduated with Cum Laude and Honors degree from Northeaststate Technical Community College last Fall with an Associate’s Degree in Science. My plans are to get a Bachelor’s at ETSU, but I’ve no clue on the major. Outside of gaming I have quite a few different hobbies. These range from watching Anime, writing, riding motorcycles, hiking, and kayaking.

What sort of setup do you have going back home for your gaming?

I have a 33 inch LCD TV with my 24 inch desktop monitor directly to the right of that at an angle. Underneath the TV is my PS3 as well as any games I’m anticipating I’ll play for that given week. Directly in front of the TV is my PC keyboard and mouse, while directly underneath that on a pullout section of my desk is my PS3 keyboard.

How long have you been gaming and what made you decide PlayStation as your gaming companion?

The first console my family got was a Nintendo 64 for a Christmas however long ago…I was probably 6 or 7 at the time. My first games were Yoshi Story and Formula 1 Grand Prix. After that my family continued purchasing Nintendo, but eventually got an Xbox, then an Xbox 360. I had my 360 for just over 2 years before the disc reading laser burned out. Microsoft charged me $100 to send my 360 in for repairs, but they ultimately sent me back a refurbished 360 with a burned out Ethernet Port. I was not a happy camper, but Microsoft claimed the damage was my fault and wanted ANOTHER $100 to fix it. Before that point in time, I’d really considered getting a PS3, but once that incident occurred I purchased a PS3 Slim the day they were released.

What was the last game you bought, and what's the next one you’re looking forward to?

The last game I bought was F1: 2011, which greatly improved upon F1: 2010 but the implementation of stricter rules made online gameplay ridiculous at the best of times. I’m really looking forward to Dragon’s Dogma. The game itself has been out for a while and I’ve heard plenty of good reviews, particularly about the game’s difficulty. Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls are two of my favorite RPG’s, so for the unforgiving environment alone I would get Dragon’s Dogma.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/screenshots/994/med_capture2487-00000_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

What did you consider as the toughest boss fight(s) between Demons and Dark Souls?

I’m about to forever ruin my reputation, but my toughest boss is one I was never able to defeat; the very first boss in Demons Souls which is the Tutorial Vanguard. The Tutorial Vanguard can only be faced once per character as the tutorial can only be experienced once. The first time I saw the Tutorial Vanguard I perished so quickly I couldn’t see what had killed me. I immediately made a second character so I could get a better look at the thing – I died just as fast the second time.

I find it fair to mention a boss from Dark Souls as well, that being Gywn, Lord of Cinder at the end of my second playthrough. I’d spent a lot of time leveling up in my first playthrough, and the enemy level/difficulty didn’t increase accordingly until I started my second playthrough. To beat Gywn that second time, I spent 3 hours mastering the Riposte technique and finally took him down.

If you had the chance to improve the PlayStation and/or PSN store, what one thing would you like to see implemented?

Only one?! I would have to improve the PSN Chat. Currently the chat is incredibly laggy, can only house 16 participants, and seemingly censors every other word in the English language. On top of this, it randomly removes players from chats at will without notifying them they have left. These issues make game nights, boosting sessions, and general conversations rather frustrating. If possible I would reduce chat lag (occurs when typing), increase the amount of housed participants, and remove the word filter while giving users the option to turn it on or off (default on)

If you could add one title to the PSN store from any gaming system past or present what would it be?

Lately I’ve been raving about Super Monkeyball Delux, which was published by SEGA for the Xbox and Playstation 2. I would love to see the PS2 version added to the PSN store, or even see SEGA do an HD remake.

Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz is coming out on the PlayStation Vita, what do you think of that? Do you have any plans to purchase one in the future?

I think it’s a start, and shows that SEGA is willing to release the series on Sony consoles, albeit starting on a handheld. Since I don’t currently own a Vita, I’m not super excited like I would be for a PS3 title, but if I ever do get one I would definitely buy Banana Splitz. Here’s to hoping they revamp some difficult floors from previous titles!

How much of a certified trophy whore are you? Does the trophy list play any part in the decision to play or buy a game, or do you base that decision entirely on the game?

I’d say I’m fairly certified. While I’ll buy a game purely on whether or not I’ll find it enjoyable, if a game looks to have some annoying trophies (i.e. 150+ gameplay hours in a non-boostable multiplayer) then I’ll skip the game. Conversely, nowadays I aim to platinum all purchases regardless of the difficulty.

What would you say was your proudest platinum and why?

My proudest platinum is also one of my rarest – Shadow of the Colossus. For anyone who has the game, or considered buying it, then you know the physics engine didn’t crossover to the Playstation 3 version in its original form which makes certain aspects of the game based more on luck rather than actual skill.

If the end of the world was nigh and you had to grab three games/franchises to take with you to play out your final days to, what would they be?

Realistically speaking if it was the end of the world the internet would be down and I’d be playing my PS3 using a power generator. That being said, I would definitely grab the Souls franchise (Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls so far). Both those games have amazingly unforgiving combat systems and incredibly tough boss fights. Next I would choose the Uncharted franchise for the lush environments, amazing graphics, and equally amazing stories. Third, I would have to choose the Dead Space series. I’m not big on horror games, but Dead Space is amazing and I thoroughly enjoy the concept of exploring a space ship filled with space zombies.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/screenshots/245/med_2732510.jpg

There is an ongoing dispute between two very well known shooters. Given that you're a member of both the Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 clan, which game would you say you prefer and why?

Ongoing dispute? We have dismissed that claim. Being a part of both the Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 clans, I personally enjoy both games and can’t favor one over the other. That being said, I’ll list some reasons why I like each game.

First, I really like Battlefield 3’s emphasis on team work. Because of the large maps, multiple vehicles, and teams of 12v12, team work is a necessity for anyone trying to be successful on the battlefield. I can go a lot further playing as part of a team full of people I know than alone with randoms. To date, I’ve exclusively played Battlefield 3 with people I know and have only played alone on a few occasions. On May 26th the site held a Battlefield 3 game night and I can easily say it was the most enjoyable site game night I’ve had the pleasure of attending. Throughout the night I got quite a few nemesis ribbons, and even took Dark_Phantom_89’s tags a few times – all in good fun of course.

Continuing the arcade style multiplayer found in Modern Warfare 2, picking up a controller and scoring kills doesn’t require a learning curve which is something I’ve always liked about previous COD games – they all play the same. Unlike Modern Warfare 2 which I played entirely by myself, playing as part of a group is absolutely amazing, and Activision’s implementation of Clans from Call Of Duty Elite enhances everything. The addition Clans has definitely been my favorite part of Modern Warfare 3, as well as the most enjoyable aspect of the game. When I put the disc in, there’s always at least one clan member playing the game that I can party up with. While Clan Operations can be frustrating, performing well as a group of 6+ members is equally rewarding. The Modern Warfare 3 clan definitely involves some work, but I’ve gotten to know quite a few people and make some good friends in the process so it’s a win all around and an experience I will never forget.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What bike do you own and have you ever had any accidents?

I first got into riding by taking a Motorcycle Safety Course last Fall (2011), and ended up getting a 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 a couple months later. Since I got the bike at the end of the season, I didn’t ride much during the winter, but have been riding quite a bit this summer. So far I haven’t had any accidents, and I’d like to keep it that way. However, if I ever do end up in an accident, I have these really awesome Knox Handroid Armor gloves to protect my hands.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6770/motorcycle3.png

What brought you to PS3T and what keeps you coming back?

I discovered PS3T when I was looking for a good guide to platinum Assassin’s Creed 2, and later went on to use it for DiRT 2, which is when I started actively posting on the forums. I joined the site on April 30th of last year, and in that time I’ve become fairly involved in the site. So apart from my responsibilities on the site, I keep coming back for the Anime discussion, funny pictures, and the latest news on upcoming games.

If you were an admin of PS3T for a day, what would you do and why?

Throughout my daily forum browsing, I run into quite a few threads that are either pointless, or in the wrong forum/the thread already exists. When I see such threads I feel compelled to give the TC a hand in the right direction as it’s usually a newer member who is unfamiliar with what all PS3T has to offer. If I were an admin for a day, I would probably go about my day on PS3T as usual, but I’d be able to lock such threads myself (weird answer, I know). In short, I’d be a Moderator for a day.

Have you got any titles ready for the THL?

I grabbed Vanquish off of ebay earlier this week and just might get my copy by July 1st. On top of that recent purchase, I have plenty of games I have yet to platinum such as Assassin’s Creed Revelations, Dead Space 2, and Tales of Graces f. I’m not sure how far I’ll go in terms of actually competing since I’m on a casual team, but I certainly have some great titles to enjoy these next few months.

Any final words for the community?

First, I’d like to wish all users participating in the upcoming Trophy Hunter’s League competition good luck. I can’t wait to see how many people have the platinum for Hannah Montanna when it’s all said and done :rofl:

Second, I'd say don’t take this site for granted. To be a part of such an amazing site is a privilege, and the people who maintain the site spend a considerable amount of their time so you can check out the latest news, view the latest trophy lists, browse the (sometimes hyperactive) forums and use the best trophy guides on the internet. Happy gaming everyone!

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/5458/profile3i.png