XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > >

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
olsen77

Awards Showcase Tuff's Muff Licker List   Olsen's Bullet Hell   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Almost Golden   15,000 Posts   Guide Supplement Bronze   Platinum Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Default Game Night Month 3: Going Back in Time

We're back for another run at a series of game nights. This time though, we're going (relatively) retro. How do we define "retro" in this case? Since we can only go back so far, it has to be a game released in the first half of this console generation that really can be picked up for next to nothing used or new (and have an online set up that makes it possible to do a game night, sorry Metal Gear and Battlefield 1943 fans).

There are three that are planned for June. We've picked two based on the game night wishlist thread and the fact that we owe you guys one. The third is a member's choice based on older games that were posted in the wishlist. And why is there no Call of Duty? Because we know that Call of Duty will win any member's choice poll, and well, we'd like to do something different.

Here's the schedule for your viewing:

June 2 - Burnout Paradise (Open for sign ups)
June 9 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Open for sign ups)
June 16 - Wipeout HD

We're taking the 23rd off and then the 30th is the site's birthday. We're planning something special for that day and we'll announce it at a different time (and if any staff member says a word or drops a hint...well, just don't). And please, don't use this thread to speculate or guess what happens on the 30th. Just trust us.

Last edited by olsen77; 05-28-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
tuffmuff

Send a message via AIM to tuffmuff Send a message via MSN to tuffmuff

Awards Showcase Tuff's Muff Licker List   Guide Supplement Bronze   Bronzer Than Nothing   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Member of the Month Winner   Silver Road Map Submitter   SOTM Winner   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Very cool. I look forward to this month and will definitely be there for two of them
Old 05-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
Kheapathic

Send a message via AIM to Kheapathic Send a message via Skype™ to Kheapathic

Awards Showcase Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet Up   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Yay! I'll be able to (hopefully) attend two of these. Just hoping the 9th game night will be something I own.

天および地球で私は神聖である
Old 05-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
mjfan97

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   Word of Mouth - Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

I may be interested in Burnout Paradise but I don't have that game installed on my PS3's harddrive anymore. Wipeout HD I won't even try because I know I'll get obliterated.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
OLIVERMC97
Banned

Send a message via MSN to OLIVERMC97

Awards Showcase Battlefield 3 Squad Tournament Champion   Word of Mouth - Gold   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Helping Hand   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

Awesome . Ill be at the Wipeout one! Probably won't be at the Members choice GN as the game I own I doubt will get picked. I wonder how cheap Burnout is on ebay, I guess ill have a look, I already have the plat, but its gotta be worth it to play in the GN and get some of those free trophies. Oh and looking forward to that surprise
Old 05-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
olsen77

Awards Showcase Tuff's Muff Licker List   Olsen's Bullet Hell   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Almost Golden   15,000 Posts   Guide Supplement Bronze   Platinum Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Call of Duty 4 Birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan97 View Post
I may be interested in Burnout Paradise but I don't have that game installed on my PS3's harddrive anymore. Wipeout HD I won't even try because I know I'll get obliterated.
We're going to be handling the Wipeout sign ups very differently. It'll be based on the skill that you feel comfortable at (Flash, Rapier, or Phantom). Don't worry about getting obliterated. Not everyone will be matched up against the really good racers.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
OLIVERMC97
Banned

Send a message via MSN to OLIVERMC97

Awards Showcase Battlefield 3 Squad Tournament Champion   Word of Mouth - Gold   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Helping Hand   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsen77 View Post
We're going to be handling the Wipeout sign ups very differently. It'll be based on the skill that you feel comfortable at (Flash, Rapier, or Phantom). Don't worry about getting obliterated. Not everyone will be matched up against the really good racers.
That's a great idea. Guess ill be picking the bottom one then, which im guessing is Flash :P
Old 05-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
Vuule

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   10,000 Posts   Gold  Road Map Submitter   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Can't play Burnout without PS+ Also, on a saturday..

Have fun guys

Check out my YouTube for Trophy Guides and More!
My Trophies Sig&Ava by RED_REBEL44

THL Season 7

Old 05-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #9
fletchar2

Awards Showcase Fletch's ''Valar Morghulis''   Staff - Moderator   5,000 Posts   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Word of Mouth - Gold   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Jack of All Trades   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)

Awesome stuff guys with another gaming night month. Should be attending the Burnout night until the last few dwindle down, and I might be able to pop in for an hour and a half for the other two (dependent on the member vote of course), but I can't make any promises due to exams.

Before I go and vote in the member poll, is GTA IV good to go in terms of getting a lobby together without any disconnections? Admittedly I haven't played it in a while, but the last time I did, it was hard work just getting 4 or 5 people together. I'll save my vote just in case for now, fingers crossed.

Looking forward to the surprise too, free beers for everybody right?

Thanks to RED_REBEL44 for the signature!
Beginner's Guide | Spoiler Tags | Contact the Staff | Site Awards | Report Button
THL Bingo Tiles: 25/25

Last edited by fletchar2; 05-21-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #10
TheManUtdFan
Guide Team

Send a message via Skype™ to TheManUtdFan

Awards Showcase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Tournament Champion   Silver Submission   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Staff - Guide Team   10,000 Posts   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   Bronzer Than Nothing   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Community Gaming Event Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series

I could be at all three not sure though:
Burnout: Was really fun when I played it last year for PS+ but never got the DLC trophies, may buy it again.
Members Choice: If GTA, U2 or KZ2 are picked
Wipeout: Never did download that from the welcome back package, sitting in a download list, might download it now

Hopefully I'll see you there, and I can't wait for the surprise.

PSNP|Thanks Buttercup and Noid|PST Newsletter|PSNTL
Closed Thread