Member of the Month - August 2011

http://efunk.bravehost.com/PS3T/MOM_banner.jpg

Summer's coming to an end but one member is still hot around the boards. This member has been very helpful around the site since joining the forums. He's always helping new members get started by directing them to the correct threads or forums as well as helping people decide what game they should get. You can also find him posting away in the English Football Discussion thread about his favorite team, Aston Villa.

Without further ado, August 2011's Member of the Month award goes to *drumroll*... Rawra! Congratulations dude!

Onto the interview.

Can you tell us a bit more about the person behind the PSN ID?

Well firstly I probably should clear things up, as for some reason it's always created confusion in the past, the names Chris and I am indeed a male, though I always get asked if I'm female, so now I hope I get no more strange requests :p, I'm 19 and currently a Student/Unemployed, though I recently got my A Level results and got my place at Uni but I've deferred my place til next year instead.

And as always, feel free to drop me a VM if you have any questions.

So any reason with the name "Rawra"? And you can't blame most of the members for thinking you're a girl, since you're always sporting that signature. Who is she anyways?

The origin is quite a random one, long story short; an old friend of mine loved Dinosaurs so nicknamed everyone after one, for some reason I got Rawrasaurus, which I shortened to make Rawra, so possibly that's why everyone thinks that :p.

And I'm saddened to have to say who she is, everyone should know the name of the hottest woman alive, her name is Pixie Lott, she's an English singer/songwriter, so go look her up if you don't know who she is :p.

What are you planning to do when you finish university?

As in terms of a career, I still haven't decided on what to do, I want to do something where I can be creative so I was thinking of going the Advertising route, but I also like to write so possibly Journalism, hopefully having this year off will allow me to choose something for definite.

Though I also plan to move abroad afterwards, I've always wanted to move to America so maybe one day I'll be able to do so.

What sort of setup do you have going back home for your gaming?

I often move my PS3 around the house, so downstairs I have a 42" Samsung HDTV, and I have some cheap branded 22" HDTV for my bedroom, and my PS3 itself is a 80GB Phat (external HDD does the job), and I always have my laptop on when gaming to browse PS3T, or to look up things if the need is there.

How long have you been gaming and what made you decide PlayStation as your gaming companion?

It might seem cliché but I've been gaming for as long as I can remember, the first console I had was the Sega Megadrive, with Sonic and Kid Chameleon being in my most played games, than Xmas '95 I got my PS1 after lots of begging, and so my love for PlayStation has gone from there. Though I also still frequent some of my older consoles, still have my Megadrive and NES which are still great fun to play on.

What was the last game you bought, and what’s the next one you’re looking forward to?

The last game I actually bought was Dead Rising 2 last month, originally I had rented it but I enjoyed it a lot so managed to find a cheap copy, still haven't got round to getting the 72k kills :whistle:.

And the next game I'm looking forward to is FIFA12, that's not to say I won't buy any other of the upcoming releases before, but just seeing the improvements in '12 has got me looking forward to the new release, and I can't wait to get started on the Virtual Pro trophies again, I might even try my hand at writing the guide for it ;).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/screenshots/325/med_DR2_night__05_bmp_jpgcopy_1280x720.jpg

If you had the chance to improve the PlayStation and/or PSN store, what 1 thing would you like to see implemented?

I'd love to see the PS Browser improved, or maybe have Google hook Sony up with Chrome, with the new browser being a lot more usable than it currently is, also it would be sweet to be able to use the browser from the XMB whilst in game, for those without easy access to Laptop/PC.

If you could add one title to the PSN store from any gaming system past or present what would it be?

Easily Timesplitters 2 (or the whole series in HD :whistle:), one of the best FPSers I've ever played, and it wasn't generic like 90% of them today. 'Splitters was the game I spent most of my PS2 gaming on, and to me it was the GoldenEye of the PS2 age (funnily enough they were both created by the same team :p).

How much of a certified trophy whore are you? Does the trophy list play any part in the decision to play or buy a game, or do you base that decision entirely on the game?

I love getting trophies, but I don't let it affect the games I play, I've played games recently that I knew beforehand that I won't be able to get all trophies (down to dead online modes usually) such as Aliens vs Predator but I still play them as I'm more of a story whore so I'll buy/rent a game to experience the story and than leave the trophies alone if I don't like the game, or not bothered about the online side (I'm not a fan of boosting), just check my Trophy Card to see all the odd %'s I have (Warning if you're a completionist :whistle:).

What would you say was your proudest platinum and why?

After the annoyance of the previous game, it's definitely FIFA11 (FIFA 10 had a trophy for 100 Wins, I gave up after 180), but things were much better in '11 trophy wise with the trophy for just playing 100 games, and the focus was more on the Virtual Pro side of the game, which for me is a great thing as that is literally all I play FIFA for these days, the Platinum was also my longest at around 400 hours (others have cut down on the time by using different methods such as getting sent off, but where is the fun in that?) and I guess by now I've at least tripled my play time, roll on '12 :eek:.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/screenshots/589/med_fut11_rooney_shot_1280x720.jpg

Edited by Johnny Bananas

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the end of the world was nigh and you had to grab three games/franchises to take with you to play out your final days to, what would they be?

I'd choose 3 great franchises; Timesplitters, Hitman, and GTA.

Timesplitters because it's a massive arcadey game full of loads of unlockables, characters, and weapons, who wouldn't want to spend their last few days having a Brick-only Deathmatch?

Hitman as it's a game I love to mess around on, trying to find the funniest way to get the Silent Assassin rating, or making little challenges each level, such as killing everyone whilst being dressed as a Clown :p.

And finally the GTA series, full of even more fun especially San Andreas, would love to revisit them again with trophies added on, though I'd be dreaming if that happened.

http://www.ingames.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/hitman.jpg

If you could play with or against Keith Lemon in any game, what game would it be & why?

It would have to be something co-op related, I'm thinking Portal 2 would be the best choice for the most laughs, and we'd have to play the story too; oh look, a potato! :rofl:

What brought you to PS3T and what keeps you coming back?

The actual reason for me coming to PS3T was because of a virus on another of the PS3Ts a few years ago, though I'm glad I made the move here as the guides are top notch, and I can't forget to mention the great community, so many great people here and I love an active forum (I'm no forum whore :whistle:).

If you were an admin of PS3T for a day, what would you do and why?

First thing I'd do is make a section for all the pointless threads that keep cropping up, a section dedicated to these small talk threads like 'What's your favourite ...' and the 'What are you ... now' type threads, and I'd also make the section a no post count area so those who want to post their favourite cereal can do so if they wish in there.

Next thing I'd do is add a Current Event/News section, would be a nice feature to have members discussing different bits of news, and debating others, though I would have to restrict access to a few certain members for being plain old trolls :whistle:.

Oh and just as my 24 hours comes to an end, I'd make a custom group for myself, with the normal access of a member, but have my name in Pink, I guess it would mean people think I'm female which is always a good laugh :rofl:.

Any final words for the community?

Well regarding the MOTM, I'm honestly surprised as I haven't done as much compared to other winners (like writing guides etc, which I want to start on one but I rarely get games on release :p), though I am truly honoured to be joining a great bunch :applause:.

And of course great job to the rest of the community who make PS3T what it is, you win the Community of the Year award sponsored by Rawra ;).

Congratulations Mr Rawrasaurus :applause:

Timesplitters because it's a massive arcadey game full of loads of unlockables, characters, and weapons, who wouldn't want to spend their last few days having a Brick-only Deathmatch?

If the world went to poo and I was being attacked by undead zombie monkeys - then I'd want you in my corner throwing the bricks :thumbsup: