One Piece Discussion

ShinobiHotsuma

Warning this thread may contain spoilers if you just started reading or watching One Piece you may want to avoid reading beyond this post.

As I see there are more then a hand few of members as well as new members joining the site everyday that read and watch One Piece I think it's time a thread be made for One Piece discussion only. So on that note let the discussions begin.

I'm currently reading the Fishman Island arc and so far I'm liking how it's going, can't wait to see how Eiichiro connects the past events that happened on the island with the current time and how the Straw Hats will fit in. I also can't wait for it to be animated.:pirate:

Edited by ShinobiHotsuma

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would you care to explain what one piece is exactly, when its on?

One Piece is an anime for one and it deals with the main character Luffy being a Pirate trying to become the King of Pirates and finding One Piece which is a treasure. Of course he gets more people to join his crew and each has there own history and story behind them that u learn as u watch it.

Technically One Piece shows every Sunday, but as for a channel i would not know of any.

would you care to explain what one piece is exactly, when its on?

Well it's a ongoing anime series airing in Japan and streamed on hulu in english.

An example here

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx4xMq1dCKk]YouTube - Roronoa Zoro VS Mr.1 Shishi Sonson[/ame]

It is also an ongoing magna not really sure I know what to compare it to in english hmm maybe close to a comic book.

One Piece is an anime for one and it deals with the main character Luffy being a Pirate trying to become the King of Pirates and finding One Piece which is a treasure. Of course he gets more people to join his crew and each has there own history and story behind them that u learn as u watch it.

Technically One Piece shows every Sunday, but as for a channel i would not know of any.

Yes it's a show about a group of pirates all trying to becoming the best at whatever their skill might be or. One wants to be king another the best swordsman, another to chart all the worlds oceans, another to find a place in the sea where you can find all of the seas creators.... and others.

I don't think it airs in the US but you can buy it on dvd in english from places like amazon or bestbuy.

Who cares about Luffy and his crews when you have so many mermaids to stare at?

BTW, we are still missing one nakama. It has haunted me for so long and it seems that neither Perona nor Hancock is going to be sailing with Luffy and his crews. I am thinking Shirohashi is either too big or too useless to be the NN (new nakama). What are you guys' picks? Jinbei? One of Neptune's son? I am having a feeling that the NN is going to be a merman.

Hell i would love if it was Jinbei, but i can't see that happening after learning of Fisher Tiger/Otohime part of the story, so i can only see him as carrying on there wills of "getting to know humans" and being like an ambassador or something along those lines. Plus if it were a mermaid, Sanji will forever be a stone statue lol so i can only see the possibilities of the next person being Fukaboshi or finding someone on there next island that most likely will aid them.

Who cares about Luffy and his crews when you have so many mermaids to stare at?

BTW, we are still missing one nakama. It has haunted me for so long and it seems that neither Perona nor Hancock is going to be sailing with Luffy and his crews. I am thinking Shirohashi is either too big or too useless to be the NN (new nakama). What are you guys' picks? Jinbei? One of Neptune's son? I am having a feeling that the NN is going to be a merman.

I'll never give in to my fantasy of Hancock becoming the 9th. She'll take the Mariejoa route and aid Luffy in the New World thus becoming finally the 9th.

To a more serious not, we're missing 2 still. Luffy said 10 nakama, that's excluding himself. Jinbei due to the flashback is definitely increasing his chances, at this moment I wouldn't even mind it all to hard even if he has to many characteristics that could overlap with Zoro.

I'll never give in to my fantasy of Hancock becoming the 9th. She'll take the Mariejoa route and aid Luffy in the New World thus becoming finally the 9th.

To a more serious not, we're missing 2 still. Luffy said 10 nakama, that's excluding himself. Jinbei due to the flashback is definitely increasing his chances, at this moment I wouldn't even mind it all to hard even if he has to many characteristics that could overlap with Zoro.

lol never thought of it that way. Its like the time where you forgot to count yourself, but in this instance, it's the opposite. Two more nakamas, yummy.

:drool:

i hope so, since i love Hancock:drool:

and it would probably be hillarious to see Hancock in the Strawhat crew:p(specially to see the reaction to Sanji:p))

but even tough i would love to have Hancock in the Strawhat crew that will probably never happen:(

i dont actually have any other characters that i would like to see joining the Strawhats at the moment

Edited by Tensei

• 3 weeks later...

I am just copy, pasting this. Chapter 626 spoilers are out:

Translation by Aohige_AP

Chapter 626: Neptune Three Brothers

Coverstory: Baratie Linked Dessert Ship "Sister Anko" (Patti is on it)

(Anko is sweet beans, used in Japanese desserts)

The paper Queen Otohime got was a sheet of petition with World Noble signatures

A petition approving friendship between humans and fishmen

All the citizens of FI now agrees with Otohime, and she has gathered more signatures than ever before, more than the box can hold

Her efforts has finally come to fruition

There is a legend of mermaid princess that's born once every several centuries, that can empathize with Sea Kings. Shirahoshi is one.

The prophecy says one day someone will appear before her that will lead her to use her power for the greater good, and bring a massive change to the world.

If used with sinister intent, her power could bring end of the world... or save thousands of people if used with love and compassion.

Otohime is concerned that she may lose control of her powers and the Sea Kings could go on rampage if she loses herself like last time.

She asks her sons to protect their sister with their lives as both warriors and brothers if the time comes.

more to come...

Continued...

Someone sets fire on the collected signatures.

As the soldiers put out the fire and tries to move the petition to safety, a gun shot is heard.

At first they don't' know what the sound was, but then they see Otohime being shot.

In the midst of chaos, Decken touches Shirahoshi (T corrected it, he originally said Otohime)

As Otohime lays there dying, she tells her sons no matter who the perpetrator is, don't allow themselves to be enraged for her sake.

Shirahoshi witnesses the incident, and almost loses control again.

To prevent her from crying, the two brothers (the younger two of the three) tries to cheer her up with dance and songs

Fukaboshi swears upon his mother to keep her promise, while weeping

Shirahoshi: We're almost there... we're almost under the real sun...!

Shirahoshi and the three prince vows to keep their promise, by locking their pinkies together

(yubikiri - a Japanese promise tradition)

end

Well, there you go. Otohime is finally dead.

Chapter is out on mangastream. I wonder who killed her, not like Vanderdecken had to go as far as kill Otohime to touch Shirahoshi. Could be the guy who is going to be the real opponent of Luffy on Fishman Island cause I stick with Vanderdecken and Hodi being only appetizers.

I hope that person is Luffy :D

Who else :p . Shirahoshi is going to become a powerful ally for the final battle against the WG. That battle that Whitebeard predicted.

I hope that person is Luffy :D

Why hope, when u know obviously it has to be Luffy :D

Hes the chosen one! *holy music in the background*

@mugi: u :ninja:, u beat me to it :p

edit: Gotta say, i think the person who shot Otohime is Hodi Jones sinces hes so similar to Arlong and hates the humans. Just my random guess.

Edited by Arturia

God, I don't care what some of you guys say about Shirohashi not being able to join Luffy's crew (due to her size), but I have never wanted her to join their crew more. It's all starting to come together.

I don't care if Oda reduces her size and claims that it's the plot. I will still be happy.

God, I don't care what some of you guys say about Shirohashi not being able to join Luffy's crew (due to her size), but I have never wanted her to join their crew more. It's all starting to come together.

I don't care if Oda reduces her size and claims that it's the plot. I will still be happy.

Indeed.

There are two paths for her: *Hancock-path: becomes friend of the crew, and shows up afterwards to help them(sending Sea Kings :D).

*Nakama-path: No need for an explanation..

or.. she dies(:eek:). Seriously, everything is possible, although those two are the most likely to occur.

I feel like her character is being built up to become the leader of her people and Luffy is just meant to give her a bit of a nudge in that direction. An ally to the crew for sure but given her roots and her being royalty she has much more important obligations than going on wacky misadventures with Luffy. She's clearly due to take on her mother's goal and will need to stay with her people to protect them with her power in the future. Vivi 2.0 if you will.

I've been wondering for a while what is One Piece?

From wikipedia:

One Piece follows the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy, a 17-year-old boy who gains elastic abilities after inadvertently eating a cursed fruit, and his diverse crew of pirates, named the Straw Hat Pirates. Luffy explores the ocean in search of the world's ultimate treasure known as the One Piece and to become the next Pirate King. On his journey, Luffy battles a wide variety of villains and makes several friends.

Forgot to mention its also a Manga and an Anime.

New spoilers out:

Source

Chapter 627: You have my gratitude

coverart: Baratie Linked Hotplate Ship Nasugashira (Karne's ship, the head of the ship is Sanji's wanted picture face lol)

The assassin was caught by Hodi. It was a pirate.

Jinbe tells him to hide the fact, but Hodi declares to everyone that the captured murderer was a human

The king sulks into the Hardshelled tower in grief, and cannot forgive (himself? the assassin? T doens't say)

He says even if he didn't have a weapon, he would have killed him

During Otohime's funeral, the three princes come on the tv screen and swears to inherit the queen's will

Flashback over

Jinbe tells everything to Luffy and co, and says he'll face any punishment

But Nami forgives him, Jinbe cries

Jinbe: I don't deserve such generous words...!! You have my gratitude....

Franky cries as well. Luffy was asleep the whole talk (lol)

Apparently he fell asleep around the part Otohime caught the robber (at the start)

Shirahoshi chats with Nami, even though they've never met each other before, she feels comfortable talking to her

Nami answers that it maybe becuase their situation is similar

Jinbe starts talking about the current development, and Hachi tells them of Hodi's plans.

Hodi never let Jinbe on in his secret plans

From the Forest of Sea appears a giant video-denden snail, and broadcasts Hodi

Hodi: Hello, denizens of Fishman Island.... can you hear me? I am... the captain of New Fishman Pirates from the Fishman District, Hodi Jones!

Edited by EEHHHHHH

New spoilers out:

Source

Lol love how luffy fell asleep, its so like him to do that :p

Maybe he was listening in his sleep :rolleyes:

Can't believe Hodi Jones is still kicking, beckons the question how the hell did he beat Zoro? if he even beat him at all and didn't just cheat and get everyone to jump him or something along those lines.