Warning this thread may contain spoilers if you just started reading or watching Naruto you may want to avoid reading beyond this post.

As I see there are more then a hand few of members as well as new members joining the site everyday that read and watch Naruto I think it's time a thread be made for Naruto discussion only. So on that note let the discussions begin.

How far are you in the storyline and do you like the current direction Kishimoto is taking Naruto in?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this will probaly be closed just so you know because of the anime thread

This thread will be for strong discussion of a anime/manga (a popular one at that) where as the other thread is more general and lacking true discussion. It is my hope fellow members will find this thread and be pleased to be able to have a more focused discussion here then they could anywhere else. Also with the PSN issues I felt it a good time as well to start this and take some relief off some members.

this will probaly be closed just so you know because of the anime thread

I can't think why this thread can't exist with the other anime threads.

So, on topic, I am all upto date with the anime and the manga. I hate the fact that Kishi has introduced so many new characters after the Kage arc but only time will tell if they were worth it.

I find it super boring of late with the war going on it falls into the good guys always win even against godly powerfully bad guys, even when the good guys are fighting are only above average.

If a few main good characters don't die during the 4th ninja wars, then I'm going to be pissed because this is apparently the biggest war in ages, but the good guys are crushing the bad guys with no problems. :mad:

Well we saw Jiraya die back against Pain.

It seems that they're not really into killing off the younger characters though. I think it would be personally very sad yet poignant if Gaara died fighting for his village, considering all he has been through.

Though we already saw him die once, would it have the same impact? :think:

Who else?

Edited by SSJ4_Haruhi

Well we saw Jiraya die back against Pain.

It seems that they're not really into killing off the younger characters though. I think it would be personally very sad yet poignant if Gaara died fighting for his village, considering all he has been through.

Though we already saw him die once, would it have the same impact? :think:

Who else?

Yeah but the ninja was is so boring, the most powerful bad guys are back and they get crushed in a chapter or two with no effort, Minus the seven swordsman fight that is the only good part of the war so far because it has the best couple back and kakashi gets pissed. the rest is boring fight, good guys win, fight, good guys, win, *yawn*

I also think Gaara is expendable. He should have died soon after being captured by the Akatsuki. Even if he trains for years, he will never be as awesome as Chiyo was in her old days, let alone her prime. Nowadays, he only seems to have a non-heterosexual attraction towards Naruto.

I would also like to see some of the characters from the Gennin arc dead because of their weak resolve, especially Ino and Chouji.

Yeah but the ninja was is so boring, the most powerful bad guys are back and they get crushed in a chapter or two with no effort, Minus the seven swordsman fight that is the only good part of the war so far because it has the best couple back and kakashi gets pissed. the rest is boring fight, good guys win, fight, good guys, win, *yawn*

At least you found some fights worthwhile. I thought none of them worth my time. I would just flip through the pages and go "Eh, so Team 10 defeated Asuma," "Mifune defeated Hanzo today, huh."

Edited by EEHHHHHH

Well I found one of the battles to be intresting, just barely so. the rest of them ranged from boring to insulting because to have some of the most powerful ninjas to get beaten by average ones is just a slap in the face.

The fact that a third class ninja who got owned bye Naruto's first rasengan is now summoning dozens of ninjas who are all leagues above him is the biggest slap in the face. It really set the tone for how ridiculous this war would be.

And Haku and Zabuza was bye far the coolest chap but that was only due to the nostalgia back when Naruto was still a first class manga so that's not saying much. The last couple of years we have to settle for armadillo penis and several chapters dedicated to ninjas we never heard of. After Pain this manga went downhill for me (I miss Pain and Itachi).

.... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I feel your pain, that man was my second favorite char next to Naruto.

Edited by mugiwara84

The fact that a third class ninja who got owned bye Naruto's first rasengan is now summoning dozens of ninjas who are all leagues above him is the biggest slap in the face. It really set the tone for how ridiculous this war would be.

And Haku and Zabuza was bye far the coolest chap but that was only due to the nostalgia back when Naruto was still a first class manga so that's not saying much. The last couple of years we have to settle for armadillo penis and several chapters dedicated to ninjas we never heard of. After Pain this manga went downhill for me (I miss Pain and Itachi).

I feel your pain, that man was my second favorite char next to Naruto.

Well they did make the crazy pedo stronger and that lame fusion type of thing probably gave him that ablity, though lame how something so powerful is one of the most easy things to do if you know how to. *rolls eyes*

True that is why I was happy to see them, and was cute seeing Zabuza all shy about having Haku know that he loves him, though I was shocked that the battle didn't end after 20 seconds or so because how powerful everyone is now.

I also think Gaara is expendable. He should have died soon after being captured by the Akatsuki. Even if he trains for years, he will never be as awesome as Chiyo was in her old days, let alone her prime. Nowadays, he only seems to have a non-heterosexual attraction towards Naruto.

I would also like to see some of the characters from the Gennin arc dead because of their weak resolve, especially Ino and Chouji.

At least you found some fights worthwhile. I thought none of them worth my time. I would just flip through the pages and go "Eh, so Team 10 defeated Asuma," "Mifune defeated Hanzo today, huh."

Nooooo don't let them dieeeee:(

I have been left a little behind in Naruto mainly at the end of the Pain Arc but I'm watching other animes so I'll have more episodes to see together.

I would hate Gaara die, and whats wrong if he likes Naruto that way, I say thats a good thing, but most guys tend to have a thing for him of late.

Also I would like to see both of Gaara's team members die myself, Iv always hated them alot.

Though killing off a few older ones would be ok with me.

I think once the resurrected previous kages get into the fray, some good guys are going down. But it has been very predictable as of late...how the hell did the golden brothers (the ones that could use the nine-tails chakra) die so quickly?

The Jiraiya and Itachi fights were badass though...we need some more like that.

Edited by Stephen274

Well Gaara hasn't done much besides his fight with Deidara. His fight against his father though might be promising. I'd like Tenten to either step up or stop being a ninja. Also wtf happened with Hinata she confesses then nothing kind of a let down.

.... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I knew something was wrong when he went alone to fight Pain but still stunned they killed him very sad.

I would hate Gaara die, and whats wrong if he likes Naruto that way, I say thats a good thing, but most guys tend to have a thing for him of late.

Also I would like to see both of Gaara's team members die myself, Iv always hated them alot.

Though killing off a few older ones would be ok with me.

His sister Temari and brother Kankuro why their good characters though they need to build them up but Kankuro did defeat the resurrected Sasori.

Any ideas as to who the guy in the mask really is (you know Madara )? Remember a few chapters back Kabuto hinted that he wasn't Madara and I think he was about to resurrect the real one when he was stopped. I think it's really Sasuke's dad and he's the one that killed the Uchiha clan, If so that makes me wonder if their truly dead and some jutsu was placed on everyone fooling them. It's a shame Itachi is dead he had alot of secrets. I remember Itachi hating their father and that maybe a clue there but we'll see, anyway your thoughts? :think:

Edited by ShinobiHotsuma

Any ideas as to who the guy in the mask really is (you know Madara )? Remember a few chapters back Kabuto hinted that he wasn't Madara and I think he was about to resurrect the real one when he was stopped. I think it's really Sasuke's dad and he's the one that killed the Uchiha clan, If so that makes me wonder if their truly dead and some jutus was placed on everyone fooling them. It's a shame Itachi is dead he had alot of secrets. I remember Itachi hating their father and that maybe a clue there but we'll see, anyway your thoughts? :think:

Going on what assumed from Kabuto hinted.

Well this may just be out there, but maybe by chance its Madara Brother, Izuna. Cause he was very close to Madara and even though he "supposedly" died after a battle, he may still have been alive and took Madara eye's after he loss to 1st Hokage and just carried on his will for his brother by chance.

Of course it could also be the Older son of Sage of Six Paths who is somewhat still alive with a immortal body or Jutsu. Since the Rinnegan is a Kekkei Genkai and has to be blood related it would make sense he be able to use the Sharingan with it since there blood related. It was mentioned that "Madara" was the one that gave or ended up passing down the Rinnegan to Nagato so he be able to obtain both powers, so it could be the Older son long revenge plan on his brother legacy which turned into the leaf by chance.

Of course i am just pulling on straws here and only guessing. Since Itachi and Danzo are dead, makes u wonder how many skeletons more will fall out of the Uchiha closet.

Going on what assumed from Kabuto hinted.

Well this may just be out there, but maybe by chance its Madara Brother, Izuna. Cause he was very close to Madara and even though he "supposedly" died after a battle, he may still have been alive and took Madara eye's after he loss to 1st Hokage and just carried on his will for his brother by chance.

Of course it could also be the Older son of Sage of Six Paths who is somewhat still alive with a immortal body or Jutsu. Since the Rinnegan is a Kekkei Genkai and has to be blood related it would make sense he be able to use the Sharingan with it since there blood related. It was mentioned that "Madara" was the one that gave or ended up passing down the Rinnegan to Nagato so he be able to obtain both powers, so it could be the Older son long revenge plan on his brother legacy which turned into the leaf by chance.

Of course i am just pulling on straws here and only guessing. Since Itachi and Danzo are dead, makes u wonder how many skeletons more will fall out of the Uchiha closet.

Well, can't Kekkei Genkai abilities like the Rinnegan be passed down even if you are not from the same Bloodline, as was the case with Obito's Sharingan? Or does that apply to only one eye?

Anyway, that is an interesting assessment about the perpetrator being Madara's brother.

Also, a bit off topic, but it was once mentioned that Byakugan was the superior among the dojutsus. Is Kishi ever going to elaborate on that? Or were we talking about the Bloodline jutsu having the advantage in only certain conditions?