PLATINUM UNOBTAINABLE? (Golden Eggs, grrrr)

killercake

Unable to get 4 of the Golden Egg screens to unlock: 17, 18, 19 and 22.

In my original post i mentioned that i'd go as far as using an Xploder save, despite the glitch i have decided against it as all my previously attained trophies have been got legitimately......if boosting can be included as legitimate, lol.

Is a shame this problem has not been addressed, bastards :)

Edited by killercake
Just editing is all

There are currently no decent guides for Seasons Golden Egg locations for the PS3 version. Plenty of guides showing all egg locations but various formats of the game differ. Have tried numerous guides and still unable to get 4 of the Golden Eggs: 17, 18, 19 and 22.

Will continue to get all other trophies but given how time consuming this game is and that no solution by way of a patch is forthcoming i will have to resort to using an Xploder save to attain the 2 Golden Egg trophies, i certainly won't feel bad about this as i have done everything else within the game 100% so far.

Are the numbers you give based on the numbers given to the in the Golden Egg menu in game?

If so you can find them in the following levels of Easter Eggs:

17: 7-7

18: 7-8

19: 7-9

22: 7-4

Are the numbers you give based on the numbers given to the in the Golden Egg menu in game?

If so you can find them in the following levels of Easter Eggs:

17: 7-7

18: 7-8

19: 7-9

22: 7-4

Thankyou for your reply.

Yes they are the numbers as shown in the Golden Egg menu screen and i have already visited those screens that you have listed for me and know for a fact that i have already got those Golden Eggs on each of the numbered screens above and yet the Golden Eggs remain locked on the menu screen.

Also have a friend who has this game who i asked to do the above screens for the Golden Eggs and none of the above 4 Golden Eggs unlocked for that person either. Will be contacting Activision to see what they have to say about this problem but i don't hold much hope. In sheer desperation i may delete game data and re-install just to try anything that might work.

I would certainly hold off using the Eagle until all Golden Eggs have been found and unlocked just to be on the safe side and perhaps make regular alternate saves on memory stick/s. I can only be grateful for the fact that the main game screens are far easier to do than the ones on the DLC's, but even so the above problem still makes getting the Platinum a considerable time consuming problem.

So far i have done Classic (+DLC) and Seasons (i am on chapter 12 of 15 so far) and have yet to start Rio and it's taken me about 200 hours so far. So with this glitch i'd add another 100 hours onto this time, not good.

Edited by killercake
Additional information

• 2 weeks later...

Have contacted Activision but due to only having an iPad2 i cannot send them picture evidence of this Platinum killing glitch. Probably for the same reason i cannot add pictures here either.

I have gone to the above 4 screens as well as the screens in the Angrybirdsnest guide (guides seem to differ?) and no Golden Eggs are there.

Getting through Rio pretty quick, so far is easiest of the trilogy....still damn annoying that i'll have to start all over again!!!

The warning of not to use the Eagle on a level in case it swallowed the egg (so to speak) was written in the PS3trophy guide in red ink, seems strange that this warning is now absent ???

• 2 weeks later...

Progress update:

Well the second playthrough was alot less painful than i thought it would be, i deleted GAME SAVE DATA to do it all again but as luck would have it i only had to 3 star about 100 screens....with all the rest it was just a matter of loading a screen up and coming straight off and the 3 stars would show up in the screens menu, very handy and very happy about it - GOT MY PLATINUM TODAY :)

It's weird that the game remembered scores from the online leaderboard on most but not all the screens considering i always played online, so being online/offline was not a factor. I'm just happy it remembered the vast majority so it only took me an extra 6 days to get both Golden Egg trophies and therefore the Platinum :)

Progress update:

Well the second playthrough was alot less painful than i thought it would be, i deleted GAME SAVE DATA to do it all again but as luck would have it i only had to 3 star about 100 screens....with all the rest it was just a matter of loading a screen up and coming straight off and the 3 stars would show up in the screens menu, very handy and very happy about it - GOT MY PLATINUM TODAY :)

It's weird that the game remembered scores from the online leaderboard on most but not all the screens considering i always played online, so being online/offline was not a factor. I'm just happy it remembered the vast majority so it only took me an extra 6 days to get both Golden Egg trophies and therefore the Platinum :)

Which did you delete? Under "Game Data Utility" or "Save Data Utility". I backed up my file from "Save Data Utility"' deleted it and started a new game. It showed my previous best score on the leaderboard, but I only got the stars for the score I got on the new file.

I copied my previous save file from the cloud after trying so I lost was about 5 minutes of my time.

Edited by darthxenu

Which did you delete? Under "Game Data Utility" or "Save Data Utility". I backed up my file from "Save Data Utility"' deleted it and started a new game. It showed my previous best score on the leaderboard, but I only got the stars for the score I got on the new file.

I copied my previous save file from the cloud after trying so I lost was about 5 minutes of my time.

I deleted Save Data Utility. Literally went on a screen and without firing a single bird came off it as soon as possible and would usually get the 3 stars show up.

There's no explanation as to why some screens showed zero score as if they had never been played whilst the vast majority showed my old scores. The 100 or so screens i had to do again were scattered across all episodes but i'd say almost half the screens that needed doing again were on Classic Episodes 1 and 2.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Unable to get 4 of the Golden Egg screens to unlock: 17, 18, 19 and 22.

In my original post i mentioned that i'd go as far as using an Xploder save, despite the glitch i have decided against it as all my previously attained trophies have been got legitimately......if boosting can be included as legitimate, lol.

Hi,

I need Golden Eggs in seasons, numbers in the egg menu are 15-17-18-22 and 24... Any idea how to get these??? They don't seem to show up... It's the only 5 left I need...