Luck vs skill

I've only played angry birds briefly on my phone. Been thinking about picking up the trilogy for a while now but I want to know one thing from you guys who have put some time into it;

How much of it is purely skill dependant and how much is luck? If it's a game that favours skill & persistence then i'll be tempted to buy as I will find it rewarding. If there's too much luck involved (trophy wise) then I won't bother.

it's 60/40 skill/luck, you need plenty of both as you'll be retrying heaps, even in just 1 episode i've retried hundreds of times to get 3 stars and 100% eagle

with good skill you can consistently shoot the bird where it's needed, but how things fall/breaks is not always as consistent

you'll definitely get your money's worth in gaming hours :whistle:

it's 60/40 skill/luck, you need plenty of both as you'll be retrying heaps, even in just 1 episode i've retried hundreds of times to get 3 stars and 100% eagle

with good skill you can consistently shoot the bird where it's needed, but how things fall/breaks is not always as consistent

you'll definitely get your money's worth in gaming hours :whistle:

Hmmmmmm ok thanks, such a dilemma!!! I don't want this to be added to the pile of games that i just lose interest in but on the other hand it does look like fun and good value for money!!! :confused:

keep in mind that this is a casual game, as such the gameplay is very monotonous and not very satisfying

every level is basically the same, same goals, same gameplay, just different block and pig placement, your interaction with the game is limited to the left stick to aim and X to fire, and maybe X again for bird powers.... for me the gameplay became childish rather quickly

my advice, save your money for something with a bit more involving gameplay, like my favourite series Ninja Gaiden, or the Mass Effect Trilogy :o

• 9 months later...
Hmmmmmm ok thanks, such a dilemma!!! I don't want this to be added to the pile of games that i just lose interest in but on the other hand it does look like fun and good value for money!!! :confused:

Do what I plan on doing: Get a gf that's a freaky savant at these games like what I have in my gf, lol.

She's the ONLY person I know to have completely maxed out Candy Crush Saga, and there's some ungodly amount of levels in that game; somewhere well over 300+ levels.

It's another reason I plan on getting Tetris on the PS4 for her. :D