Didn't like SF4 or MK 2011... Will I still like this?

legolover122

I am super on the fence about this game. Two best friends make it look ultra badass.

I don't like traditional fighting games like SF4 though because of the combo system. I just can't deal with having to turn my left stick 56 degrees to the right, punch, kick, jab, grab, double kick, jump, down up up left right A B to pull a combo off.

Is this games combos like SF4 or is it like Bayonetta or is it a different style of combo? Could a noob/newbie to fighters get into it and do well?

And is there any local coop/VS modes?

Edited by legolover122

Much closer to Bayonetta in movement and attacks. Of the characters I've played so far they all seem to have very similar combo strings, though some characters have more or less basic attacks to charge off of. Some combos are straight presses of square, triangle, or a mixture of the two, and the most advanced thing I've found to do is delay inputs for certain attacks.

It's much simpler in a way, though it will still take some losses to learn how the game plays and how your character s function. I jumped into multiplayer first thing after the tutorial the night I picked this up and got run into the ground every game. Since then I've spent time going through the story and playing a few practice matches against the computer, and I feel like I'm starting to figure some things out.

It's more like a Dynasty Warriors or Sengoku Basara. So nothing like SF4 at all.

I think you can like it.

^This. I'll also add Fist of the North Star to the list. That's what it really reminded me of. So, yeah. Even though the combo system is sorta like Bayonetta, it resembles more like a westernized version of a musou type of fighting game. Imagine Dynasty Warriors with rap music :p

Edited by fancyfox