Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 08-26-2010, 12:35 AM   #1
OmgitsaPhil

Send a message via MSN to OmgitsaPhil

Awards Showcase THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default Thorton, Inc and Ready For Anything not popping?

Just did a playthrough on hard (as veteran) where I am 99% sure I fulfilled all the criteria for both of the above trophies.

For the intel, I had 78% of Faction intel, and 86% of Personnel intel. At the end of the game I had slightly more than this, but the trophy had still not popped by the final sequence.
Using the recommended dialogue choices from the trophy guide with easy person, I was + reputation with almost everyone, and 0 with a few (even using the recommended choices my rep still didn't go up). I also made sure to rescue my handler in the Brayko mission, and both Mina and Scarlet during the final mission. I accepted Lelands offer, spared everyone where given the choice, and still no trophy. These are the 2 trophies I think will be most annoying, since I'm now going to have to do another playthrough it seems :/
Any ideas, or has anyone had similar happen?
Old 08-26-2010, 01:22 AM   #2
Maldron

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Same thing I keep posting in this forum - Thorton Inc requires that you betray Leland at the end when given the option after the final boss fight. You don't necessarily have to kill him, but you DO have to betray him.

As for the intel, you also need a high organization intel, not just a high personal intel. Both of my intel numbers, when I got it, were somewhere in the eighties.
Maldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:25 AM   #3
Ikari_86

As Maldron says, it not so much about just the percentage numbers you see when you view the intel screen. Its actually a lot to do with how much intel you purchase from Clearinghouse and if you purchased atleast 75% of all of that intel available in the game. If you are going down the 'Thorton, Inc.' route and you've been purchasing intel for every mission, then you'll receive the 'Be Prepared perk' and eventually the 'Ready for Anything' perk (with a trophy pop) around the 3rd location before the infiltrate AP mission.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
OmgitsaPhil

Thanks for the solution with Thorton, Inc. I've got a save at the last mission so I'll give that a try. With the intel, I had bought every piece of intel available at Clearinghouse, but I just took another look at the guide and it says by extorting Nasri you automatically lose out on some intel, but other than that I should have everything available? I r confused :/

Edit : Got Thorton Inc, thanks guys <3

Last edited by OmgitsaPhil; 08-26-2010 at 05:08 PM.
OmgitsaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #5
Ikari_86

Seems odd, I mean missing out on extorting Nasri would probably lose you a few pieces but I wouldn't have imagined it will completely jeopardise you chances with that trophy- especially as you were going down the nice route with everyone.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
Maldron

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I did a couple of things, like piss off albatross in moscow to get extra intel on sis, and taking it slower with scarlet to get dossier info. I missed intel for one mission, and it still didn't pop until almost the end.

It's a horrible trophy to have to do again, but it shouldn't be too bad. Hack every computer, buy every thing... it'll work out.
Maldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
OmgitsaPhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikari_86 View Post
Seems odd, I mean missing out on extorting Nasri would probably lose you a few pieces but I wouldn't have imagined it will completely jeopardise you chances with that trophy- especially as you were going down the nice route with everyone.
It's really quite irritating, especially since I was making sure I searched every level for items laying around too in case they were dossiers (but now I've learnt that the trophy only applies for intel you buy in Clearinghouse, no?)
Going for one or two more playthroughs now, the kill everyone playthrough, and if I don't get the intel trophy then one more for that.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #8
Ikari_86

Best of luck to you! Hang in there.

(I unfortunately ran out of patience with one particular trophy in this game (One with the Shadows) and couldn't bare another playthrough.)
Old 09-07-2010, 12:46 AM   #9
pikec21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldron View Post
Same thing I keep posting in this forum - Thorton Inc requires that you betray Leland at the end when given the option after the final boss fight. You don't necessarily have to kill him, but you DO have to betray him.
Thanks a lot for posting this! I was so angry when I finished the final mission for the fourth time (forgot to save Scarlet the first time I tried for this), and didn't get it. This made it super easy.