Marburg and Steven Heck trophy questions (spoilers)

Sh1nx

*Spoiler alert*

"Youth trumps experience", have marburg fight to the death at the museum, I was only able to get him to -5 or -6 reputation, and he always runs away. Not many options to get him hate more (-3 from dialogue at cafe, -1 at his mansion, -3 but +1 for disarming the bomb and mocking him).

Does he only fight to the death if the rep is way lower or even at -10?

"Never trust a sociopath", alienate Steven Heck, I assume he'll backstab you after the assassination by taking the 5mil bribe.. but I was at -8 animosity with him(his handler perk for the final mission was even "Ignore the sociopath") still he thinks i'm a friend... how do you get him to hate you more? (emails and dialogues only got me to like -8) where am I missing the last -2?

Can someone confirm or deny that you need -10 for both these trophies? or some significant event or dialogue you need to accomplish?

Thanks, it's really bugging me, it seems like if it doesn't succeed you have to restart the whole area operation again.

For Marburg keep using Suave responses when you are talking to him at the point where he would normally run, I'm not sure what my standing with him was numerically but it that doesn't work for you then it must need to be lower than what you had gotten it.

I was at -9 for Steven Heck and didn't get it so it looks like you have to be at -10. Not sure when you initially talked to him but you get -2 if he is your third stop when you are in Teipei. There are enough points to get him to -10 but the guide was wrong one so I only had -9, I'm trying it again this morning to see if I can figure it out, will post my findings afterwards.

For Marburg when you talk to him, you have to taunt him so that he will want to kill you. That is what I did to get one of the trophies.

No you don't have to have steven at -10, he just has to dislike you. It is all about your dialogue choices when you talk to him after Taipai. You basically just have to tell him to fuck off because I got this trophy and was only at like -5

i was at -8 animosity with marburg when i taunted him after the museum fight.. he still runs away.. i dont see how its possible to get him lower than -8

-6 from the first conversation

-1 at the villa

-1 before the fight

ok I tried it again, this time only using suave(square) options even though some dont give a negative rep.. i was at -6 instead of -8, went to rescue madison, after the fight taunted him and gave a long speech and he was willing to fight to the death.

For alienating steven heck,

when you first arrive in taipei, do every other mission before contacting steven heck, gives a -2 during the first conversation, along with threatening and honest answers will get around -6,

-1 from early dialogue at the hotel, not deleting his file -2

and telling him to shut up in an email -1

brings him to -10 hatred.. that gave me the trophy

i've gotten a -10 reputation with him and still nothing, Does the trophy appear when you get -10 or does it appear later on?

[spoiler=Hecktacular]The trophy will appear right after your conversation with Heck at the end of the Taipei section, when he reveals that he gave your name to the cops. Right about the time that you hear your name on the news cast, you'll get the ding of cold betrayal.

Alpha Protocol Trophy Guide

I'm at animosity with marburg and he won't fight to the death with taunts after saving madison :think: After redoing rome for 2+ hrs im getting kind of (read: REALLY) irked.

I was writing the guide from memory, but I went back and played through some old saves to look at the conversations I had with Marburg. It turns out that there were times when I had responded with an Aggressive stance instead of 100% Suave responses. See below for details.

[spoiler=MarburgHelp]I added some additional information about reputation to the Youth Trumps Experience trophy description in the guide, but in a nutshell you have basically four opportunities to talk to Marburg and influence your reputation score. You can also lose some additional points by having a high reputation with SIE, and avoid gaining a point by shooting Al-Bara (or if you're doing your Ask Questions First, Shoot Later run, you can just be detected or kill someone at the CIA listening post). Choosing to defuse the bombs rather than save Madison will also get you a +1 reputation, but the conversation afterwards will give you another -3.

What also could be a factor is how complete your dossier on Marburg is, as that will sometimes have an affect on what options are available to you in the dialogue. You should be able to get it to 100% before the fight, which will net you the "Know Your Rival" perk and give you an extra 5% damage.

I didn't think this trophy would give anyone this much trouble, so my apologies for not going into more detail in the guide previously. Here are the steps that I would recommend:

• Play along with SIE to raise your rep. (The M in MILF is for Mercenary)
  • Either be detected in the CIA Listening Post or Shoot Al-Bara.
  • Cafe conversation :square: - :square: - :triangle: - :square: - :triangle: - :square:
  • Villa conversation :square: - :square: - :triangle:
  • Bomb Defuse :square: - :square: - :square: - :square:
  • Mid-Battle :square: - :square:

Hope that helps!

Can some one who has the socialpath trophy with heck for alienating him, please put the conversation buttons for his meetings and any other info regarding how to get -10 here please, like the marburg one in a previous post, im at -9 animosity and now doing the rome missions and no trophy has pinged, so the -5 post is either a fluke or a fib

when you did the post for marburgs conversation prompts , do you or anyone have the system for heck ,cos i've heard you dont have to be at -10, and i dont know where to find that last -1 :( (someone said dont check his cigar cutters at the safehouse on the other site:rolleyes:

to do heck just get the rep about -8 and make sure you do taipei last because otherwise the trophy wont unlock

when you did the post for marburgs conversation prompts , do you or anyone have the system for heck ,cos i've heard you dont have to be at -10, and i dont know where to find that last -1 :( (someone said dont check his cigar cutters at the safehouse on the other site:rolleyes:

I did Taipei last and got him down to -9 and it was sufficient to get the trophy. Not sure for -8 though. I think it's important to have met the two other potential handlers for the final mission, SIE and Albatros.

As I am currently doing the JJE, I executed Albatros, so he doesn't have to be alive, you just have to have met him.

• 2 months later...