Hard Difficulty

Xieldos

The only main problems I had in Hard (as a recruit as well) was the marburg fight and some lock picking and hacks where there were 12 buttons to press in 18 sec. EMP grenades can help with this though

yea for that kind of stuff you really do need to use the EMP grenades because the difficulty for them shoots right up, but its fine if you level up the way that you play really lol, if your aggressive level up aggressivly in assult rifle and shotgun with toughness aswell, if stealth go with the pistol and stealth aswell as martial arts lol

Sis was a pain, but with that pistol skill that allows you to line up criticals from cover, she goes down quick, assuming you get her cronies out of the fight early so they can't chuck grenades at you.

Marburg was pretty irritating, but that's because I was going for the JJaE trophy so I insisted on the second part of the fight so I could kill Parker at the AP facility later. The first part is fairly easy...if you don't move from that initial cover position (which might be hard because of grenade spam), Marburg will just stay in his same spot on top of the stairs and you can line up criticals inbetween bursts and finish him off rather quickly. It's when he goes into infinite sprint/superman mode in the optional second stage of the fight that things get hairy.

My general feelings towards hard mode are hate laced with a certain desire to see the Obsidian staff choke on their poptarts. Honestly, though, if this game had just copied Mass Effect 2's combat system ( a perfect model for this game), it'd probably be my GotY right now...the actual role-playing aspects of this game (dialogue options, decision making and its consequences) are superb.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got to the Marburg fight, and he doesn't stay on the stairs. Instead he rushed right at me. This fights gonna piss me off already, I can tell..

if he rushes down from the stairs then all you got to do is move to one of the pillars that are there, when he gets close shoot while re-locating, dont bother wasting time with the henchmen because their shit anyway

Just use stealth and pistols...seriously this game is beyond easy with them. Don't waste good skills/money on useless shotguns when all you need is a skill that allows you to pick off up to six guys at once.

Stealth to sneak around and kill, pistols to clean up the place. Easy on any difficulty.

Quick tip for hard mode:

1) Always level up your Stealth and Pistol (if you can start with veteran)

2) Do Moscow last

When I fought Braykov I had like 5 shots for my chain shot. He went down in seconds :p

Plus a Sis tip: Before you hack the last comp on the boat..set up grenades on the floor around the bar. Sis hides there. Kaboom :)

Edited by Mojo

Quick tip for hard mode:

1) Always level up your Stealth and Pistol (if you can start with veteran)

2) Do Moscow last

When I fought Braykov I had like 5 shots for my chain shot. He went down in seconds :p

Plus a Sis tip: Before you hack the last comp on the boat..set up grenades on the floor around the bar. Sis hides there. Kaboom :)

lol fair enough, but im starting to feel like i was one of the only (or the only) 1 to do hard with the shotgun and assault rifle lol, although best by some of the problems i had (mainly the last mission of the game) go through with the pistol lol, but brayko went down easy with the assault rifle to, assault rifle while hes shooting and running around, then shotgun when hes on the coke close to you or down on the ground after it :D

so basically your saying be a spy character (or make one) and then use the chain shot again and again?.......nah, shotgun and assault rifle :D

If you want to punish yourself with a terrible shooting system, get killed multiple times and having to repeat sections because you use weaker weapons, go right ahead. Stealth and chain shot are incredibly overpowered in this game. All you need is both, nothing else. No annoying alarms, no extra locked doors or random deaths or blown chances to trophies.

Stealth - Chain Shot over all.

lol fair enough, but im starting to feel like i was one of the only (or the only) 1 to do hard with the shotgun and assault rifle lol, although best by some of the problems i had (mainly the last mission of the game) go through with the pistol lol, but brayko went down easy with the assault rifle to, assault rifle while hes shooting and running around, then shotgun when hes on the coke close to you or down on the ground after it :D

Even easier, 5 chain shot, stealth, 5 chain shot, finished

No running around, no guards, no getting picked off, 45 seconds. :whistle:

It also helps if you talk to Heck before the fight and get the guy some bad coke, because thats the only annoying part of the fight when he gets high and starts hacking you up with his knife.

good point but the bad coke costs a fair bit, but when i did it i will say that it is a lot easier with the pistol and the chain shot as high as you can get it (even with out going other places first)

good point but the bad coke costs a fair bit, but when i did it i will say that it is a lot easier with the pistol and the chain shot as high as you can get it (even with out going other places first)

True, but if you can manage to dish out the cash for it, it makes the two to three times that he will be rushing you with his knife less painful over all.

Thats how I did it as well, acually thats how I beat all the bosses in the game, the chain shot. Though its kind of funny I found the fight alot harder on easy as a rookie then on hard as a veteran.

True, but if you can manage to dish out the cash for it, it makes the two to three times that he will be rushing you with his knife less painful over all.

Thats how I did it as well, acually thats how I beat all the bosses in the game, the chain shot. Though its kind of funny I found the fight alot harder on easy as a rookie then on hard as a veteran.

like wise lol, but that is proberly because with the veteran you are already some of the way up the upgrades and know what your doing better lol