this any good?

If you're just looking for easy trophies then yes pick it up. Otherwise, I'd say no. I didn't really enjoy this game at all. The controls are crap, the game is so dark, half the time you can't see anything (even with my brightness turned all the way up), and the story was probably more confusing than any game I've ever played. I still don't know what happened at the end of the game...

I would not wish this game on my worst enemy. I was so fed up with it by the time I finished that I stopped getting trophies for about two months after I got the platinum. Bad story, lousy gameplay, and some glitched trophies drove me nuts.

If you absolutely must play it, it is one the less time consuming platinums, but I still would not recommend it.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont understand all the hate for this game...its certainly not the most polished game on shelves, but its DIFFERENT. thats something a lot of games just cant say these days...there a couple of parts where the lack of polish leads to some serious frustration (the trial and error nature of the car escape in ch. 2 comes to mind >_<) and the controls scheme could have been better...but overall im having a great time with this one and will be happy to add its platinum to my collection

I should probably also mention that i have had zero difficulty with any of the trophies...when i was reading up on this one, the Handyman Carnby trophy and the glitches mentioned about the chapter trophies had me seriously worried...i unlocked the Handyman one just by playing, and i've had zero problems with chapter trophies...so that has probably added to my opinion of the game a bit...if things were glitching on me and the inventory combo trophies were as hard as everyone said, i could see myself getting angry at this game ;)

Rent it - I got lucky and found it at a Mom & Pop video store for 6.99 used. It is different. Sets a good tone for the storyline, but the controls are horrid. If you are a trophy hunter then by all means get it. An average gamer can platinum in 6-8 hours (Start working on HANDYMAN CARNBY as early as possible). If you are a pure gamer then you will probably be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...
I dont understand all the hate for this game...its certainly not the most polished game on shelves, but its DIFFERENT. thats something a lot of games just cant say these days...there a couple of parts where the lack of polish leads to some serious frustration (the trial and error nature of the car escape in ch. 2 comes to mind >_<) and the controls scheme could have been better...but overall im having a great time with this one and will be happy to add its platinum to my collection

I should probably also mention that i have had zero difficulty with any of the trophies...when i was reading up on this one, the Handyman Carnby trophy and the glitches mentioned about the chapter trophies had me seriously worried...i unlocked the Handyman one just by playing, and i've had zero problems with chapter trophies...so that has probably added to my opinion of the game a bit...if things were glitching on me and the inventory combo trophies were as hard as everyone said, i could see myself getting angry at this game ;)

I couldn't have said it better and if I were to add my opinion I would say that it is worth getting especially considering the lowered prices now and a relatively easy platinum.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Gameplay can be annoying, slow and clunky at times, but the story is a good one, so it depends on price, rent it or if you find a cheaper one for sale buy it, I got my copy after searching for one that wasn't still $60 somehow for over a year and a half.

(oh also i saw rent it or get it cheap because over all it should take you only 1-3 days depending on how long you play each time, though if you take breaks you get a cool previously on cut seen.)

Edited by dante_kinkade

• 3 months later...