Cockpit Addict glitched?

i just wasted 20 minutes trying to get this trophy.. its the last one i need

i switched to the cockpit after everytime i died as soon as i could... and no dice.

am i really going to have to try to do the whole segment in one shot? cuz its kinda ridiculous. nothing reacts the same 2 times in a row. cars get in your way... your car just stops after certain jumps, etc... :mad:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got this after going back through chapter select to pick it up and the way it worked for me was going through and dying midway where I started at the checkpoint about halfway through I didn't get it to pop. On my second run-through I died twice early on and went back to the starting checkpoint, switched into cockpit mode (which is horrendous, as I'm sure you'll all agree) and made it through without dying after the midway point and it popped. Could be that going into the second half out of cockpit mode is what throws it off.

• 1 month later...

I just started the game today, It actually don't think its too bad of a game at all and I always drive in cockpit view with driving games so this trophy isn't an issue what so ever. HOWEVER, the trophy didn't pop which is highly annoying after going through the whole thing in cockpit view. Although I did die a ton of times trying to figure out the correct routes and orientation to put the car in before the jumps. I guess I'll go through the story and go back and redo that mission...damnit I hate replaying through for trophies....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You have to do this trophy without dying yes. And before you start the engine in the parking lot, you'll need to switch to cockpit view

You can die and still get the trophy. Just die before the midway point, and put your car in cockpit view before starting the engine.

On the go through that got me the trophy, I put the car into cockpit view in the parking lot, before starting the engine. However, once exiting the garage, I was blocked by a random police car hurtling up in the air, then landing directly in front of me, blocking my path. Nothing like that had ever happened before. So after dying, I had to restart from the section outside the parking garage where Paddington tells Edward "To the park!" :mad:

So, after one death, I was able to finish the rest of the scene in one take. The trophy popped during the cutscene with the car clearing the massive broken road gap and tumbling into the park. So yes, you can die before the midpoint and still get the trophy.

Also, I do think this game is random. :confused: Once, I started the level and my windshield crystalized. I could not see anything. But that only happened once when I exited the parking garage. Sometimes cars drove head on into me, and other times they aimed in a completely different direction. Sometimes vehicles would block my path, and other times they would not. The driving physics are horrific. Glad to be done with this trophy.

One tip for anyone trying this: take your time. Don't go too slow, but give problematic drivers in front of you a second or two to win the Darwin Award. The final, stupid taxi just before the right into the shopping mall, where you jump off the escalator and it shifts to slow-motion, is a perfect example. Let him crash. Otherwise, he will spin you out, and you lose the trophy.

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
does anyone know or remember what segments this is in? So i can just go straight into it, just finished the game

Last segment of chapter 2...59th street.

FYI...I switched to cockpit view while in the garage...but hit triangle once the cut scene was over and it kicked me out of cockpit view...so I just waited to get swallowed up. The next try started me out on the street...and I made it all the way through and the trophy popped while jumping the ramp into the park. Interesting thing is that I hit that last ramp at a bad angle and I didn't make it over the ravine and died...but the trophy already had popped...lol.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...