help!!!!!! (subway ride)

stegz17

On episode 5 sequence 2 or 3 it is labeled subway ride. I cannot seem to figure it out Im stuck at the part where u have to throw explosive objects at the monster and you have to run up the subway. I have looked on every walkthrough and guide available and cant find anything about it pleases Help!!!!

What part?

When you're on the train just throw an explosive bottle+gun at the monster while it chases you, then run down to the next carriage by pressing the switch on the left of the door, then shoot the monster again with an explosive bottle+gun after it rips of the previous carriage, then run into the next carriage by shooting the rat of the switch, keep running down the train while shooting the monster untill you reach the front of the train, pick up the bottles and keep shooting the monster when it gets close.

(the monster should only die when you're at the front of the train, just throw 1 explosive bottle each time to slow him down while you make your way to the front of the train)

ya i was doing what you guys were saying but it seemed like everytime i would get to the front car and then throw a bottle at the monster i would die also. i dont know if it was because i was too close or what but i know this happened on many occasions

Sometimes there are bottles scattered on the ground. THESE kill you, because they ignite, while the other you throw explodes near them...

I blew up myself numerous times at the beginning of this sequence, until i realised it was better to simply pick up the bottles and run!

After numerous tries I finally got it. I think this was one of the most annoying and pointless sequences in the game. It served no real purpose in plot development and only pissed me off.

OMG!!!! Me too, damn this level pissed me the hell off! I never could get inside of the first car until the cutscene, which was messed up considering that I through the last bottle and killed him from the top of the damn train. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but no one has been talking about it recently.

The subway part was the biggest pain in the ass. I don't understand games that are 98% easy, but have one part where the difficulty ramps up. Since this part isn't in the XBox version, I'm guessing they didn't test it very much, or they would realize it was annoying.

• 1 month later...
I'm stuck here. I can throw 11 bombs at him, but he WILL NOT DIE. I get to the end of the train up top and everything. What did you guys mean by blowing open the window?

...What am I doing wrong?

Wow you blew the thing up 11 times and still didn't kill it? That's way weird. I was able to kill the thing on my third try. All I did was stay a reasonable distance from it and did the throw-and-shoot method until the thing is stunned. Then I moved on to the next cart and picked up some more explosives along the way. Then, it's just rinse and repeat for me. I don't know why after 11 bombs you didn't kill it. I know my comment isn't much help. Wish I could help out but I really can't find a reason why the thing doesn't die after 11 hits...

• 2 years later...

Yeah I believe the event is scripted so you have to make it to the last (First Actually) Subway Car. it doesn't matter how many times you throw an explosive to back it off, as long as you make it to the Lead Car (inside for me) and throw just one explosive to end the ride for good. I had no luck on top of the Train car, there are 4 latches on each corner on the Vent that is on the Roof of the lead Car, shoot those off and it will open for you to drop inside.

• 1 year later...

Yeah! I made it!

Amazingly hard. Timing is the key.

Try to find a way just to run through the train, when monster catches you - this is a place to turn back and throw an explosive in you next run(you just have been caught!).

For me the hardest was continuous turning around. A big help give you a quick inventory short-key.Good Luck All!.:D