A Day in Central Park Trophy

Tempores

So I just finished the story of Alone in the Dark, is was OK, got the LIGHTBRINGER (finish episode 8) trophy but no A Day in Central Park (complete the game) trophy. Is it because I didn't get the trophy for completing episode 3 a while ago? Can I just play episode 3 over again and get both that trophy and the trophy for completing the game?

Thanks in advance!

In order to get the 'A Day in Central Park' trophy you have to play all chapters sequentially without skipping ahead. I am not completely certain of this but I think you might have to start from scratch and finish it again without skipping ahead or behind.

Hopefully someone else will post here and prove me wrong. There is nothing worse than wasted time.

I also have the same problem.

Maybe it's because after I finished one of the chapters, I quit after saving, then when I went to continue later, it wouldn't let me, so I had to pick the episode I was then going onto. I really don't want to play through this stupid game again.

lol well that sucks, the op's problem is deff chapter 3 and no you cant just re-play the chapter, you will need to replay the whole game, as for SirWillz I really dont know and thats very odd, your problem could be that maybe you skipped the cutscenes? as far as I recall you have to watch them....did you finish the level and quickly skip and quit or something

Hooray! Just replayed episode three and it unlocked both PAINFUL ANSWERS and A Day in Central Park. Now I only need to burn all the evil roots and kill some more HUMANZZZZZZ.

This is such a bad game, but it's worth playing for the trophies. However I've already played this game for 30 hours (episodes take like four hours to complete due the bad controls) while the guide says it would only take eight to ten...

E: I also got the Handyman Carnby trophy while I only had done like half of the list in the trophy guide. That's one weard trophy...

Edited by Tempores

I would recommend playing it all in one go, just to be on the safe side.

aside from that, I got my A Day In Central Park trophy just now after having to play from episode 1 - 6 AGAIN. I'm only glad it wasn't the last few episodes as they are a chore.

good job ... we trophy completionists can't settle for incompletes ;)

• 10 months later...

I have finished this game entirely for 2 times already and this A Day in Central Park gold trophy just don't pop out!

I have completed every online game available at GTa IV and I did not get the AWP trophy as well

As a trophy hunter that I am, I'm really frustrated with these annoyng trophy glitches.

These will be 2 games that I'll never have a platinum trophy for and it sucks hard!

• 2 weeks later...

i completed the game just now and didnt get this trophy... very annoyed as ill no doubt have to complete the game all over again -_-

I knew this would happen as i got to chapter 6 one night saved my game and when i came back the next day i couldnt continue my game it was scratched out, so i went to episode select to finish off the trophies... A PAIN IN THE ASS!

wanna move on to my next game but 87% is just irritating!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is unbelievable! Just finished probably the worst game I've ever played in my life, and I won't even have a plat to show for it. At some point (can't remember when), my continue option was greyed out so I picked the episode. I had left at the start of an episode so I didn't mind and didn't think it would glitch. Now I got every Episode trophy and every Episode and sequence is available and completed but no trophy. The only thing I could do is replay the entire game and there is no way I'm sitting through that torture again.

Avoid this game at all costs!!!

edit: OK, after scouring the internet and some replaying I got this trophy and the plat. Next time I turned the game on I went to Episodes and loaded one up. Then in the start menu I checked my Episode timeline and almost everything before Episode 7 was greyed out. Episode 7,8 and a few random sequences before them were colored orange (indicating the game registered I had completed them). So i did a speed run through the first 6 Episodes (it's actually not too bad since you don't have to do any roots and you already know what to do). At the end of Episode 6, my timeline for the entire game was orange and the trophy popped.

So, I don't know how or why but most of my progress before Chapter 7 got "erased". Some forums posts speculate that it has to do with saving and quitting in the middle of Chapter 6, but I'm almost sure I didn't do that. Anyway, if this trophy glitches on you, you should be able to get it by completing whatever parts of your timeline aren't orange. Hope that helps some people. But you should still avoid this game. The plat's not worth suffering through this terrible game, and you might not get the plat because of glitches anyway.

Edited by scottq

• 2 weeks later...

just happened with me, finished the game and no a day in the park trophy !! almost had a heart attack. went back into the 3rd episode , found that the last part is in gray and the rest is orange, finished it and got the trophy :D . so yeah as the others said, go back to the episodes and repeat the gray parts. good luck :)

just happened with me, finished the game and no a day in the park trophy !! almost had a heart attack. went back into the 3rd episode , found that the last part is in gray and the rest is orange, finished it and got the trophy :D . so yeah as the others said, go back to the episodes and repeat the gray parts. good luck :)

Exactly same for me, last segment of episode 3, and central park trophy popped up, so dont give up and start a new game in the end, just play the grey parts of episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it's gotta be played through without skipping ahead. Which since I like to play through it sequentially, I never had the problem of wanting to skip ahead. But maybe if you play through the game all in one session that might prevent the having to start over glitch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...