Handyman Carnby = stupid!

RipvanX

Im stumped on this one. I went though a list that looks like this:

Explosive Glass Bottle- Glass Bottle + Flamable Liquid

Explosive Plastic Bottle- Plastic Bottle + Flamable Liquid

Extra Pack Bomb (1)- Taped Fuel Filled Bottle + Ammo Pack

Extra Pack Bomb (2)- Taped Spray (any) + Ammo Box

Flare Bottle Taped Bottle- (plastic or glass) + Emergency Flare

Flare Molotov Cocktail- Fuel Filled Bottle (plastic or glass) + Handkerchief + Emergency Flare

Flare Spray Taped Spray- (any) + Emergency Flare

Glass Molotov Cocktail- Glass Fuel Filled Bottle + Handkerchief

Glowing Spray- Taped Spray (any) + Glowstick

Plastic Molotov Cocktail- Plastic Fuel Filled Bottle + Handkerchief

Plastic Water Bottle- Plastic Bottle + Water

Taped Anti-Rust Spray- Anti Rust Spray + Tape

Taped Blood Pack Blood- Pack + Tape

Taped Emergency Flare- Emergency Flare + Tape

Taped Glass Bottle- Glass Bottle + Tape

Taped Glowstick- Glowstick + Tape

Taped Medical Spray- Medical Spray + Tape

Taped Mosquito Spray- Mosquito Spray + Tape

Taped Plastic Bottle- Plastic Bottle + Tape

Is something missing? Do I have to do all the combinations in one go for it to work? I found other carnby guides but they were confusing and misleading because they said there were flashlight batteries and a Glass Water Bottle (which I have yet to see)

If anyone can help out that would be great, this trophy is all thats left for me to do and I cant stand this game. :mad:

Edited by RipvanX

You should check the guide on this site, it has an awesome list. I'm pretty sure you will find the one you are missing with it:)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/61/033.jpgHandyman Carnby (Silver Trophy)

Make all possible combinations in the inventory.

This one can have a mind of it's own so you may need patience for this trophy. You can find plenty of supplies around Central Park, you'll just have to explore. Check larger buildings for plenty of supplies typically. I made this list after researching a bit online and also after getting the trophy myself.

Explosive Plastic Bottle + Double Sided Tape + Handkerchief + Emergency Flare

Explosive Plastic Bottle + Double Sided Tape + Handkerchief + Glowstick

Explosive Plastic Bottle + Double Sided Tape + Handkerchief + Box of Ammunition

Explosive Plastic Bottle + Double Sided Tape + Bandages + Emergency Flare

Explosive Plastic Bottle + Double Sided Tape + Bandages + Glowstick

Explosive Plastic Bottle + Double Sided Tape + Bandages + Box of Ammunition

Explosive Glass Bottle + Double Sided Tape + Handkerchief + Emergency Flare

Explosive Glass Bottle + Double Sided Tape + Handkerchief + Glowstick

Explosive Glass Bottle + Double Sided Tape + Handkerchief + Box of Ammunition

Explosive Glass Bottle + Double Sided Tape + Bandages + Emergency Flare

Explosive Glass Bottle + Double Sided Tape + Bandages + Glowstick

Explosive Glass Bottle + Double Sided Tape + Bandages + Box of Ammunition

Spray Can + Double Sided Tape + Emergency Flare

Spray Can + Double Sided Tape + Glowstick

Spray Can + Double Sided Tape + Box of Ammunition

Bloodpack + Double Sided Tape

Glowstick + Double Sided Tape

Emergency Flare + Double Sided Tape

Box of Ammunition + Gun (reload your gun in the inventory)

*Transfer liquid from one bottle to another

*This was the one that kept me from getting the trophy. I transferred some flammable liquid from a plastic bottle that had (8) in it to a glass bottle that had (8) in it. I simply filled the glass bottle to the max (10) and the trophy popped.

I think you are missing the 'transfer liquid from one bottle to another'.:)

Edited by Rockets

• 4 weeks later...

I got this trophy pretty much without knowing it. Since I like to discover everything I can I just fiddled with the inventory items. After about a minute I had the trophy. EZ PZ. also if you want to save a flare just add tape to a bottle and add the flare/or glow stick. Then once you use an item remove the flare. Easier then keeping a million glowsticks. I never use em anyway

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can Some1 help me out with this trophy 2 Please.. I've have done every combination on this guide including transfering 1 liquid to another still no trophy poping up, this the only dam trophy stopping me from a PLAT. any help would help guys thanks..

Edit:

I think am missing transfering liquid.. where can u find liquid easy on what stage.. Also i finished the game there for i cannot continue. Now i can only level select. Does this mean i gotta re due all the combonation again or the pervious ones saved and all do is level select???

Edited by Ashwin10

I want to share one very important observation about the HANDYMAN CARNBY trophy - the list in the guide is very good, I've followed it & ALMOST got the trophy. The list lacks one single thing & NOBODY on all the forums I've searched didn't even notice <I think, at least no one was writing 'bout it> - that is - U've got to reload BOTH guns from the coat-menu screen <combine with bullets>

Both guns that is the 1st one u get from the begining & the second one <44.> my trophy poped after doing the list from the guide here + the action mentioned above. This is 100% cinfirmed, got my plat 2day with this.

Hope this will help anyone who's still struggling. Posted it here as well 'cause it coresponds to this, and the guide trophy quite directly.

Good luck.

http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/10/Kunegunda_GoRyl.png

Edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl

• 2 weeks later...
I want to share one very important observation about the HANDYMAN CARNBY trophy - the list in the guide is very good, I've followed it & ALMOST got the trophy. The list lacks one single thing & NOBODY on all the forums I've searched didn't even notice <I think, at least no one was writing 'bout it> - that is - U've got to reload BOTH guns from the coat-menu screen <combine with bullets>

Both guns that is the 1st one u get from the begining & the second one <44.> my trophy poped after doing the list from the guide here + the action mentioned above. This is 100% cinfirmed, got my plat 2day with this.

Hope this will help anyone who's still struggling. Posted it here as well 'cause it coresponds to this, and the guide trophy quite directly.

Good luck.

Theres 2 guns :confused:

I've just finished the game & was still using the first gun I picked up, no wonder it got harder to kill things on the later levels :eek:

Theres 2 guns :confused:

I've just finished the game & was still using the first gun I picked up, no wonder it got harder to kill things on the later levels :eek:

there's a magnum in the flooded baseman in the building toward the far left bottom building on the map.

the list provided here or in the trophy guide didn't get me the trophy. I recommend trying this list if your trophy doesn't pop up after following the trophy guide:

Handyman Carnby Achievement Guide(s) - Xbox360Achievements.org

Edited by heat6jones

Good luck.

Are you sure about this? I don't think I have the second gun but I have the Carnby trophy? Though manually reloading from the inventory screen does sound like it should be part of it along with fire bullets.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but can you die while getting this trophy? Like, say I combined an item, and then died during a battle or something. do I have to combine the items over again, or will the game keep track that it has already been combined?

Sorry to revive an old thread, but can you die while getting this trophy? Like, say I combined an item, and then died during a battle or something. do I have to combine the items over again, or will the game keep track that it has already been combined?

You can die and the game will still keep track of all the items you've combined prior to dying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This trophy sounds very annoying, i got this from gamefly a couple days ago and my subscription ends next week, but reading about all the problems this trophy has caused has caused me not to even bother playing it and it makes it sound like the rating for platting this game should be higher than what it is do to this glitchy trophy/achievement.