burning root help!!!

i am having the biggest pain in the ass trying to get the last root... its the one marked #5 on the picture... i tried everything they suggested but its not working for me... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/images/c/c6/AITD_Roots_Map.png

Spectral Points Awarded: 5

Required Items: Plastic or glass bottle of fuel, double-sided tape, bullets

Notes: This root is growing on an asphalt ledge off the main road. You can't throw an object far enough to hit it, so you need to tape a box of bullets to an explosive bottle to make the blast radius large enough to reach the root. Throw your bomb at the room and shoot it in the air.

Another method is to drive a car off the ramp east of the cliff (to the right of the root if you're looking straight at it.) This ramp will land you on the balancing chunk of road in front of the cliff, which will hurl a flaming car husk at the root.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought i'd post my problem here and see if I get any answers.

I am currently on chapter 7 sequence 4 where you have to develop your vision to 15/100. My problem is that I have burnt root number 4 on the map above, but on my GPS it still remains as a fuzzy circle.

My spectral vision went from 15/100 to 17/100 when I burnt number 4 (just because I could).

Has this glitched on me? Or do you think that getting to chapter 8 when all are unlocked that it will alter this. :S

Edited by Animal

how do you do this

i am having the biggest pain in the ass trying to get the last root... its the one marked #5 on the picture... i tried everything they suggested but its not working for me... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/images/c/c6/AITD_Roots_Map.png

Spectral Points Awarded: 5

Required Items: Plastic or glass bottle of fuel, double-sided tape, bullets

Notes: This root is growing on an asphalt ledge off the main road. You can't throw an object far enough to hit it, so you need to tape a box of bullets to an explosive bottle to make the blast radius large enough to reach the root. Throw your bomb at the room and shoot it in the air.

Another method is to drive a car off the ramp east of the cliff (to the right of the root if you're looking straight at it.) This ramp will land you on the balancing chunk of road in front of the cliff, which will hurl a flaming car husk at the root.

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I was struggling to get "Root 5" also... I couldn't hit it with a "bottle + taped ammo" as the guide suggests. I attempted to drive the vehicle off the "flame-ramp" onto the smaller ledge so that I could climb on-top of the car and be a little closer for bottle throwing, I landed the vehicle successfully on the ledge and then it popped up that I had also taken out the root, which was weird as I wasn't even close to the root. So if anyone is having troubles try just driving a vehicle onto the smaller ledge and it should take out the root.