Do you think this will be as challenging as Burn Zombie Burn?

Archavia

After conquering the Dev Medals in Burn Zombie Burn, I'm sincerely hoping that AZMD will have trophies just as difficult as BZB did. Except I'm not entirely sure whether this will be the case, given that AZMD appears to be linear, somewhat similar to Dead Nation. Regardless of how the trophies and game turn out, I'm still very keen for it :D

What are you expecting in regards to difficulty and gameplay?

• 3 months later...

After playing the game for a good amount of time now, I can say that it is definitely not as hard as Burn Zombie Burn. If you die a few times ( I think about 3 to 5 deaths) in the same level, the game gives you the option to temporarily lower the difficulty, but it also temporarily lowers the amount of XP you earn. There is 4 player Co-op, but the game scales with each extra player. You can revive each other in Co-op. Once you get to a certain point in the game you also get something that drops health, ammo, and money from the sky every 30 kills. Not to mention the fact that you can upgrade your health, defense, speed, and attack. So, yeah it is a LOT easier than Burn Zombie Burn.

After playing the game for a good amount of time now, I can say that it is definitely not as hard as Burn Zombie Burn. If you die a few times ( I think about 3 to 5 deaths) in the same level, the game gives you the option to temporarily lower the difficulty, but it also temporarily lowers the amount of XP you earn. There is 4 player Co-op, but the game scales with each extra player. You can revive each other in Co-op. Once you get to a certain point in the game you also get something that drops health, ammo, and money from the sky every 30 kills. Not to mention the fact that you can upgrade your health, defense, speed, and attack. So, yeah it is a LOT easier than Burn Zombie Burn.

I figured that would be the case given that AZMD takes more of a lineal path in that it actually has a story, rather than play-till-you-die like BZB. Oh well, hopefully it'll still be good and have some nice DLCs ahead of it, but somehow I doubt I'll play 100+ hours of it :whistle:

I would have to say I'm a little disappointed in the game, they just took the same elements of BZB (virtually recycling the same assets) and turned it into an action RPG. It's okay, but not hard at all. It's like Dead Nation with more RPG elements and you do a lot of backtracking.
Hmm. Thought that might've been the case. I'll get it regardless, just hope potential future DLC can add different modes.