Favorite SNES games

domer420

What are some of your favorite games from the SNES? i was always a huge nintendo fan until the birth of the playstation and im sorry to say that nintendo has crashed and burned in my eyes ever since the 64 came out. seems they have moved away from GOOD games and sell alot of crap now.

Of course every system has a few good games but xbox and ps stand out with tons of hit games.

Nintendo gripe aside, i have to say that Chrono Trigger is to this day one of my all time favorite games. An RPG that while somewhat linear, still had side quests and with an awesome story. i play alot of different genres but im an RPGer at heart of some of the RPGs of this day and age seem to have moved too far away from their roots and gotten too in depth.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most people have played some sort of SNES game tho, for people who work on a computer all day, SNES and NES are very easily attained as emulators and its not hard to find pretty much every game ever made on them in the form of ROMs, i had a ton of games back in the SNES console days but i beat a good number of the available titles later in life over emulators when playing on a console wasnt an option.

My first console was the PS3. Feels bad man, missing what appears to be great classics. :(
Not sure if serious.

Go grab an emulator, even the shittiest of the shitty computers can play SNES.

Anything with Nintendo characters in it is a sure bet for a good time. Also check out any RPGs/anything made by Capcom.

Racing: mario kart, micro machines, unicicle, f-zero

action rpg: zelda, secret of mana (seiken densetsu series), illusion of gaia, soul blazer

rpg: lufia, final fantasy series, lunar (not sure if this one is ps1 or snes though), chrono trigger, breath of fire, Star ocean, tales of phantasia

shooting: contra(not sure snes), super smash tv, hum... Idunno lol

action: mario series, starfox, mega man, mystical ninja, goemon series, super metroid, earthworm jim..

Of course theres a lot of others

and that era was full of tv movie games like batman looney tunes phantom ninja turtles power rangers etc...

Im not so sure about it but i think spelunker was a japan only release..

Here you go, go play all these, if you dont have enough come back and ask again or gooogle it, as these are only a few excellent games and there are tons of other...

I especially have a thing for rpg games and action rpg games..since the graphics wont disapoint you if youre used to npwadays games.. I mean.. For exemple, i remember playin starfox when i was younger.. And i came back a few months ago to give it an other shot... But i couldnt.. I thought graphics and controls were making it unplayable.. Even though i clearly remember enjoying the hell out of this game back in the days.. I just cant go back to it.. Anyways if youre a fan of rpgs and action rpgs, the snes (and ps1 too..you cant deny this console...too many good rpg games on this console to shut my mouth...sorry, i cant help it) are probably gold mines waiting for you to dig in.. So... enjoy :D

edit: I FORGOT donkey kong country 1 and 2....mostly the first but 2nd is all good too

Edited by furious_banana

• 3 months later...

That one easily be Donkey Kong Country 2. When I first got my wii I instantly bought it when it came on the Virtual Console. I loved all the country games so far, from the first to return. But by and large DKC2 was my favorite out of them, as well as the SNES games.

Gosh, let's see...

- Chrono Trigger

- Final Fantasy VI

- Zelda: A Link to the Past

- Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3

- Another World/Out of This World

- Flashback

- Shadowrun

- Super Mario World

- Yoshi's Island

- Plok

- Jurassic Park

- Pilotwings

- Desert/Jungle/Urban Strike

- Secret of Mana

- Secret of Evermore

- Soul Blazer, Illusion of Time/Gaia, Terranigma

- Equinox (aka Solstice 2)

- Young Merlin

And I'm sure I've forgotten a whole bunch of others... xD

Gosh, let's see...

- Chrono Trigger

- Final Fantasy VI

- Zelda: A Link to the Past

- Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3

- Another World/Out of This World

- Flashback

- Shadowrun

- Super Mario World

- Yoshi's Island

- Plok

- Jurassic Park

- Pilotwings

- Desert/Jungle/Urban Strike

- Secret of Mana

- Secret of Evermore

- Soul Blazer, Illusion of Time/Gaia, Terranigma

- Equinox (aka Solstice 2)

- Young Merlin

And I'm sure I've forgotten a whole bunch of others... xD

This list is pretty much comprehensive to me. Though I would add Starwing, it wasn't revolutionary in any way but gee I enjoyed it. If we were talking best, Chrono Trigger would be up there along with the token Mario games. Ohhh my childhood