Wii U - Mario Maker

KaaBling

So I just bought a Wii U today with Mario Maker and it's just so much fun. I used to love Nintendo back in the day till around the Wii days then I kinda gave up on Nintendo. I've been playing this round my friends lately and I ended giving in and buying on for this game really... :o Though, Zelda should be out next year. :)

Anyway, just making a thread for giving codes to each other to play the maps you've made. :D

I've just made my first one and the code is:

46FE-0000-0050-A06F

Hope I can find a few other members from this site who has this game, enjoy! :dance:

~Kaa

Congrats on getting your Wii U, if you're excited for Zelda then Hyrule Warriors is pretty fun in the meanwhile!

I really like the idea behind your course but those two sets of precise trampoline jumps at speed are quite hard, especially if you accidentally end up picking up the mushroom or get hit by the enemy as you land. It's a cool idea, follow the mushroom but don't pick it up until the course needs you to. Perhaps you could make an easier version of it separate to the original? Like adding a couple of safety blocks at those hard jumps or adding some Note Blocks or something. That way more people could finish it when it comes up in the 100 Mario Challenge :)

My courses are more vanilla, I don't think they're hard at all but a couple of them still have quite low clear rates.

The first level I made is a simple Bowser course, there are three different ways to beat him, including the hidden Star.

563A-0000-0036-70DE

Next is an underground level, the higher path takes a little more effort at first but is easier than the lower path that has more enemies.

4FF5-0000-0046-CD91

An easier version of the same level, this version has no autoscrolling and some changes to the enemy and level design.

292B-0000-0049-E8BB

Last one has simple above ground platforming and below ground bosses.

5E2B-0000-0055-E6D2

I'm looking forward to more of your levels, make sure you come back and share them!

I have played this a fair few times at my favourite local game shop. Before its release, I wasn't too bothered, but I now plan to get it next month! :D

Also my gaming group is celebrating 30 years of Mario tomorrow at our monthly event at a pub, so we'll have Mario Maker on the big screen.

Congrats on getting your Wii U, if you're excited for Zelda then Hyrule Warriors is pretty fun in the meanwhile!

I really like the idea behind your course but those two sets of precise trampoline jumps at speed are quite hard, especially if you accidentally end up picking up the mushroom or get hit by the enemy as you land. It's a cool idea, follow the mushroom but don't pick it up until the course needs you to. Perhaps you could make an easier version of it separate to the original? Like adding a couple of safety blocks at those hard jumps or adding some Note Blocks or something. That way more people could finish it when it comes up in the 100 Mario Challenge :)

My courses are more vanilla, I don't think they're hard at all but a couple of them still have quite low clear rates.

The first level I made is a simple Bowser course, there are three different ways to beat him, including the hidden Star.

563A-0000-0036-70DE

Next is an underground level, the higher path takes a little more effort at first but is easier than the lower path that has more enemies.

4FF5-0000-0046-CD91

An easier version of the same level, this version has no autoscrolling and some changes to the enemy and level design.

292B-0000-0049-E8BB

Last one has simple above ground platforming and below ground bosses.

5E2B-0000-0055-E6D2

I'm looking forward to more of your levels, make sure you come back and share them!

Hey man! :D I'm really enjoying this game at the moment and I'll have to check out Hyrule Warriors. :p

Thanks for trying my level out, I didn't think it was to hard to do as long as your ahead of it, lol. :D

Gonna try all your courses out now and hoping beat them! :)

I've made 4 others now and the codes are:

Level 1: Save the Mushroom! - 46FE-0000-0050-A06F

Level 2: Trust the Bounce! - F05C-0000-0051-C797

Level 3: The Main Three! - DABF-0000-0053-100D

Level 4: Nostagia Feeling! 1-1 - FA32-0000-0057-EF85

Level 5: Invisible Mayhem! - D1E4-0000-0059-436F

Hope you enjoy them. Level 5 is the hardest one I've made, fun, challenging course. :D

I have played this a fair few times at my favourite local game shop. Before its release, I wasn't too bothered, but I now plan to get it next month! :D

Also my gaming group is celebrating 30 years of Mario tomorrow at our monthly event at a pub, so we'll have Mario Maker on the big screen.

Your love it. I'm really enjoying it and it feels good to get off trophies for a bit, lol!

~Kaa

Trust the Bounce! #2 is another one with a great idea, it's loads of fun to do at speed! Took me some attempts to get the middle bit right but once I did I was really pleased, but I hadn't noticed the goomba right on that edge so as soon as I made it that far I was taken down anyway :D Was a good one to clear, well worth sticking with till I got it down, easily deserving of a star.

You can make it through your courses so mine'll be easy mode for you! I try to keep them at the kind of difficulty that's found in the original games so they're not too hard. I try to add multiple paths or multiple ways to take out a boss and ways to balance them so they aren't easily skipped but I haven't got into adding puzzle elements to them yet, over the week I'll try to make something a bit more challenging.

Got any plans for a boss stage? I'd be interested to see what you can come up with that leads to getting to the axe.

Haruhi that sounds awesome, just don't let any of your mates bust out Kaizo Mario World if you plan to sleep that night! lol

Trust the Bounce! #2 is another one with a great idea, it's loads of fun to do at speed! Took me some attempts to get the middle bit right but once I did I was really pleased, but I hadn't noticed the goomba right on that edge so as soon as I made it that far I was taken down anyway :D Was a good one to clear, well worth sticking with till I got it down, easily deserving of a star.

You can make it through your courses so mine'll be easy mode for you! I try to keep them at the kind of difficulty that's found in the original games so they're not too hard. I try to add multiple paths or multiple ways to take out a boss and ways to balance them so they aren't easily skipped but I haven't got into adding puzzle elements to them yet, over the week I'll try to make something a bit more challenging.

Got any plans for a boss stage? I'd be interested to see what you can come up with that leads to getting to the axe.

Haruhi that sounds awesome, just don't let any of your mates bust out Kaizo Mario World if you plan to sleep that night! lol

Glad you completed my level, I found my 2nd level was tge easiest level to beat, but a little challenge at the end. :)

Really enjoyed your levels and like you said, you made them like the original levels which made them really fun. The multiple ways made it better and made me realise I make all mine one way, so will have to change it up soon. :D

I ain't made a castle level yet, so ain't got any idea yet, lol. Though, I'm thinking making a battle arena for my 7th level with bosses, so I'll try think something up.

I finished making my 6th level yesterday and it's a very quick based level. If you want to try it here's the code.

Code: EB3D-0000-005F-7EB4 - The Ultimate Mushroom Race

Also would like to play your future levels, thanks. :)

~Kaa

Kaa, you really like putting Mario through hell! lol, don't think I'll be beating it any time soon but I'm playing it bit by bit in the editor so I can get a good look at the whole level. I like how it has a really colourful look to it and everything's spaced neatly. Having to follow the mushroom in order to get it to survive the flames is a great idea and Part 3 is hilarious. Great use of space to get the most out of the above ground area, too.

Mario Maker is an awesome idea, amazed Nintendo didn't come up with this idea sooner. It makes me tempted to go out and get a Wii U.

It's crazy, isn't it? There have been tools out there to edit Super Mario World on PC really easily for a long time, I would've thought Nintendo would have made something official earlier, though with the Wii U the GamePad really is perfect for editing levels (never thought I'd praise that low battery piece of crap!).

I keep wanting to get this. I can't shake the feeling though that I just won't play it enough to justify buying it. :(

Lol you have the same thought process as me. However, I feel more comfortable buying something like this for its price right now because I know if I won't play it a lot, my girlfriend will since she loves the Wii U.

Kaa, you really like putting Mario through hell! lol, don't think I'll be beating it any time soon but I'm playing it bit by bit in the editor so I can get a good look at the whole level. I like how it has a really colourful look to it and everything's spaced neatly. Having to follow the mushroom in order to get it to survive the flames is a great idea and Part 3 is hilarious. Great use of space to get the most out of the above ground area, too.

I do, haha! It's hardest level I've made, but it's very doable once you know the level. I was actually gonna make a part 3, but didn't in the end and thought I'd put a little funny part in there, lol.

Have you seen the hardest level created on Mario Maker yet? Watch this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sxY8pELhqM]

[/ame]

Over 170,000 goes and no one has complete it once yet! :eek:

:eek: The positioning of the Buzzy Beetles is crazy, though honestly like 90% of it is crazy. Don't think I'll be touching that one any time soon!

I made another level last night, it's a Ghost House with a lower area full of doors that lead to things that make it possible to get across the upper area. It's an easy one, no pixel perfect jumps, shell positionings or split second timings for this course!

CF09-0000-006B-2ACA

:eek: The positioning of the Buzzy Beetles is crazy, though honestly like 90% of it is crazy. Don't think I'll be touching that one any time soon!

I made another level last night, it's a Ghost House with a lower area full of doors that lead to things that make it possible to get across the upper area. It's an easy one, no pixel perfect jumps, shell positionings or split second timings for this course!

CF09-0000-006B-2ACA

Awesome, gonna give it a shot now! I've made a couple more levels and tried to make a little boss level and my other level is about shells. :p

Codes:

8757-0000-0065-C83B - Bowser's Five Minions!

EB70-0000-0069-C85A - Shell Sport!

Enjoy! :D

~Kaa

I've just uploaded a couple of my levels on Youtube and there called Shell Sport! :D I'm trying to make a little series of levels with about 3-5 parts. I'm making part 3 at the moment, but I'm trying to think of new ideas using the shells. :p

Here's my level designs for both levels. If you want to play them, just click show more and my code is in there. Enjoy!

Do you think there cool designs, or should I start making something else? :p

~Kaa

Watching those videos is so much fun, definitely do more if you come up with more ideas for those kinds of levels! No wonder the clear rate is so low, but it's cool to see that people are actually clearing them. Videos of your other challenge levels would be good, if you have the time for them :)

I've been playing NSMBU and some other stuff lately so I haven't been on this game for a while, but I'll definitely be back on to check out your new levels at some point.

If anyone else on this board has this game yet, make sure to share your levels here!

Watching those videos is so much fun, definitely do more if you come up with more ideas for those kinds of levels! No wonder the clear rate is so low, but it's cool to see that people are actually clearing them. Videos of your other challenge levels would be good, if you have the time for them :)

I've been playing NSMBU and some other stuff lately so I haven't been on this game for a while, but I'll definitely be back on to check out your new levels at some point.

If anyone else on this board has this game yet, make sure to share your levels here!

That's good you enjoy watching them. :D I just finished a new kind of level called "The Shell Ride" and now I'm gonna try and make a part 3 shell sport level. :)

Here's my video for the Shell Ride. :D

~Kaa

• 2 weeks later...

KaaBling, Shell Ride was fun to watch, but I'm not interested in playing anything as difficult as your other stages. I've always thought shell/P-switch throwing was just a dumb way to make SMW a lot harder than it needed to be.

Can't wait to get my tax return, this game is the reason I'm going to buy a Wii U.

• 1 month later...