I just searched and couldn't find an official topic for this, though there was the 'New Pokemon project to be announced' thread.

Basically for those not in the know, Pokken Tournament is going to be a 1 v 1 Tekken style fighter but with Pokemon. You can even have Pokemon support.

A trailer for those intrigued:

[ame]

[/ame]

Whilst it hasn't YET been announced for Wii U consoles, the odds are highly likely that Nintendo will get this released on it. So far, it is only at Japanese arcades.

There are tons of potential options for characters. So that thought will keep us going. For the time being, Gengar, along with his mega form Mega Gengar are now confirmed playable!

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by SSJ4_Haruhi

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another game that I'm waiting for the Wii U, for now just hyped for this game and the other FGs that will come out this year (hopefully).

Will be interesting play against Pikachu Mishima and try to uncover how to play Machamp.

Blaziken and wishfully Gengar/Suicune main present.

Edited by Fire Emblem

Yeah, I can't wait to see who my mains will be. Or if it'll be like Super Smash Bros Brawl where I used everyone.

An interesting thought though is whether we'll see any flying type Pokemon playable, as surely if for some moves they can fly up higher for a second or so then that'd be really unfair for the others and would feel like Deidara in the Naruto Storm games.

I can guarantee that Mewtwo will be playable, as he is so iconic. I would go as far as to say that all the Pokemon with amiibos either out or upcoming may be playable (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Greninja and Mewtwo).

• 3 months later...

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeet, a trademark for this game was just made in Europe, literally 2 days ago.

Whether it'll be the arcade machine or a Wii U or NX version we don't know yet. It also suggest we may see amiibo cards or amiibo for this game. :eek:

Pokkén Tournament Trademark Surfaces In Europe, NFC Connectivity Mentioned - Nintendo Life

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pokémon Company announced today at the Pokémon World Championships in Boston that Pokken Tournament is coming to the Wii U WORLDWIDE in Spring 2016! :D

YESESSESESESESESESESESESESESESESE. :banana:

http://kotaku.com/pokemon-fighting-game-pokken-tournament-is-coming-to-wi-1725593435

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by SSJ4_Haruhi

Any particular reason to sell it?

Nothing to play really. Or more like nothing of interest. Bayonetta 2,Mario Kart and Smash were the only games i wanted. Only bought it for Bayonetta in the first place. But got MK with my console. But yeah, most likely keeping it for this. WiiUu does seem to have a few hidden gems.

Nothing to play really. Or more like nothing of interest. Bayonetta 2,Mario Kart and Smash were the only games i wanted. Only bought it for Bayonetta in the first place. But got MK with my console. But yeah, most likely keeping it for this. WiiUu does seem to have a few hidden gems.

Have you tried Splatoon? If not you can try it now there a demo rolling out.

• 3 weeks later...
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pokémon Company announced today at the Pokémon World Championships in Boston that Pokken Tournament is coming to the Wii U WORLDWIDE in Spring 2016! :D

YESESSESESESESESESESESESESESESESE. :banana:

Pok

I've been looking and replying on threads for an hour and this is so far the only good news I found. I was waiting for this

Sounds like you're too picky. Your loss