The Legend of Zelda For Wii U Delayed

WalterWhite

Update: A Nintendo spokesperson has confirmed that there are no plans to show off The Legend of Zelda for Wii U at this year's E3. You can read the full comment below.

"As Mr. Aonuma announced, The Legend of Zelda game for Wii U is no longer targeted as a 2015 release. Rather than sticking to a specific schedule, the team wants to make this the most complete and the best game it can possibly be. The new launch timing has not yet been determined. Because we’d like to focus on developing the game, we aren’t planning on showing it at this year’s E3, where we will be highlighting games launching in 2015. We will let you know when we’re ready to share more specifics."

Original Story: Legend of Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma said meeting a 2015 release date for The Legend of Zelda for Wii U is no longer a "number one priority."

"Since I declared at The Game Awards in December that the game would launch in 2015, the directors and the many members of the development team have been working hard developing the game to make it the best it can be," Aonuma said in a video addressing Nintendo fans.

During development, the team discovered "several new possibilities" for the game, Aonuma explained, which forced a reconsideration of their timeline and priorities.

Aonuma continued, "So, I must apologize to you all that were expecting the game by year's end, but we are no longer making a 2015 release our number one priority. Instead, our priority is to make it the most complete and ultimate Zelda game."

[ame]

[/ame]

This is Twilight Princess all over again, not that Zelda delays are anything new. If it even releases on the Wii U, there will probably be a definitive version on Nintendo's next console, it makes sense to launch with a Zelda game after all. I suppose if there's a silver lining here it's that Nintendo finally fuckin' figured that out. What a joke. Abysmal sales and the recent announcement of a new console were the first two nails in the coffin for the Wii U, this in my opinion, may as well be the final one. Not much point in supporting this console anymore.

Edited by WalterWhite

I hope it's worth the wait, but this means there isn't any big titles for Wii U for 2015 currently.

Mario Maker

Splatoon

Star Fox

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Yoshi's Wolly World

These should all be very good games, but Zelda, they are not. I want my big first party games! And fuck the wait, I'm tired of waiting for these games, it's been years already. They should maybe stop making consoles that don't have anything to play on them. I suppose that I should stop buying them too though, huh? :whistle:

Edited by WalterWhite

Mario Maker

Splatoon

Star Fox

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Yoshi's Wolly World

These should all be very good games, but Zelda, they are not. I want my big first party games! And fuck the wait, I'm tired of waiting for these games, it's been years already. They should maybe stop making consoles that don't have anything to play on them. I suppose that I should stop buying them too though, huh? :whistle:

EA and Ubisoft aren't even making shovelware for it anymore.

Guess that's why Nintendo started making the shovelware themselves. :whistle:

Smh I never thought the Wii U would be more terrible than the Wii, but it is looking like it. Absolutely nothing for games, I wish I wasn't a Nintendo fan so I wouldn't blindly buy their products. Looks like the only company actually releasing a flagship title this year is Microsoft :think:

Starfox looks like the only good thing this year in my opinion, from Nintendo.

And we haven't even seen anything from that game yet. It's a sad state of affairs really. Two days ago I had a Zelda game to look forward to this year, now I got Yoshi's Yarn Ball. I'm sure it'll be cute, but, been there, done that. Some people might ask, "Yo, Mr. White, you're tellin' me you only bought this console for one or two games?" To which I would reply, "Yes -- yes I did."

You had one job Nintendo.

And we haven't even seen anything from that game yet. It's a sad state of affairs really. Two days ago I had a Zelda game to look forward to this year, now I got Yoshi's Yarn Ball. I'm sure it'll be cute, but, been there, done that. Some people might ask, "Yo, Mr. White, you're tellin' me you only bought this console for one or two games?" To which I would reply, "Yes -- yes I did."

You had one job Nintendo.

I did as well. I hope it really turns out well, as I will be disappointed if we waited for nothing.

What makes you think that?

Not hating on your opinion, I was just wondering why?

Do arcade games take a while to port, a la Tekken Tag Tournament 2 or Tekken 7?

It's just how they choose to do the whole arcade porting process. Milk Japanese people at arcades, then milk everyone else with a retail release.

I'm glad they delayed it. I was really really disapointed with the gameplay from VGX. It looked so empty and detailless, reminded me of the 2005 title, Shadow of the Colossus.

Splatoon is gonna be the big new IP this year, and if it delivers, it could be just the thing Nintendo needs to keep up with the competetion.

I'm glad they delayed it. I was really really disapointed with the gameplay from VGX. It looked so empty and detailless, reminded me of the 2005 title, Shadow of the Colossus.

Splatoon is gonna be the big new IP this year, and if it delivers, it could be just the thing Nintendo needs to keep up with the competetion.

It's true, the game really did look barren in the demo.

At this rate, their will be a Bayonetta 2 port before you know it. :whistle:

That's a game that deserves to get played by its fans, it's actually a shame that it has been damned to the Wii U, despite Nintendo making the game possible at all.

Edited by WalterWhite

SotC was like the greatest game ever though.

lolno

Titanfall was supposed to "save" the Xbox One. While it did well as far as I'm concerned, it didn't do amazing like MS had hoped. Splatoon doesn't have the luxury of being developed by the same group of people that redefined an entire genre either.

SotC was like the greatest game ever though.

lolno

Titanfall was supposed to "save" the Xbox One. While it did well as far as I'm concerned, it didn't do amazing like MS had hoped. Splatoon doesn't have the luxury of being developed by the same group of people that redefined an entire genre either.

Yea, but the graphics aren't good for 2015. And yes while graphics aren't everything, the world of Zelda U looked so boring and empty; and certainly didn't look like that usual nintendo poolish.

2015 is shaping up to be the shittiest year in modern gaming ever.

2013 was the Year of Luigi. 2015 is the Year of Delays.

I'm not even excited for the remaining games that are still slated to come out in 2015 anymore. They'll just get delayed too. Batman Arkham Knight? Already delayed another 3 weeks. That's just 3 more weeks they have to delay it further. Metal Gear Solid 5? They can sneak a delay right in there with a cardboard box. Anything cool anyone shows at E3 for a fall 2015 release? lol nope, 2016 already confirmed.

On the plus side, at least 2016 will be a badass year for gaming. Unless they decide to delay everything to 2017. :|