Must play nintendo ds titles?

DonChipotle

I recommend castlevania: portrait of ruin as that was my favorite among the DS releases. If you're like me and enjoy challenges, castlevania: order of ecclesia is an interesting entry to the series. I don't recommend castlevania: dawn of sorrow unless you really enjoyed the soul system from aria of sorrow. I didn't care for it and dawn of sorrow made that perfectly clear.

As for other DS titles, I enjoyed pokemon pearl/diamond. Stay the hell away from black/white though.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is great if you're into the genre. It's a remake of the original fire emblem so you can just jump right into it. (Good luck finding it as it can be quite rare to find. Or it was for me at least)

Warioware touched is another nice game to have if you like microgames. If you're into these small games within big games type of thing I would also suggest kirby superstar ultra.

Sonic rush is good and if you like that there's sonic rush adventure too. But see if you like the first one before you try adventure. I also recommend sonic colors for the DS as I liked it more than the wii version.

Edited by luffybuggy

I recommend castlevania: portrait of ruin as that was my favorite among the DS releases. If you're like me and enjoy challenges, castlevania: order of ecclesia is an interesting entry to the series. I don't recommend castlevania: dawn of sorrow unless you really enjoyed the soul system from aria of sorrow. I didn't care for it and dawn of sorrow made that perfectly clear.

As for other DS titles, I enjoyed pokemon pearl/diamond. Stay the hell away from black/white though.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is great if you're into the genre. It's a remake of the original fire emblem so you can just jump right into it. (Good luck finding it as it can be quite rare to find. Or it was for me at least)

Warioware touched is another nice game to have if you like microgames. If you're into these small games within big games type of thing I would also suggest kirby superstar ultra.

Sonic rush is good and if you like that there's sonic rush adventure too. But see if you like the first one before you try adventure. I also recommend sonic colors for the DS as I liked it more than the wii version.

Im not a huge fan of pokemon games... but why yhe warning in black and white ones? Im afraif to play warioware since a friend of mine broke his ds playing that... back in the days i played it at GBA :D

Dawn Of Sorrow was awesome in my opinion and would recommend it either way. I agree with what you mean for Order Of Ecclesia, and even Portrait Of Ruin; both of those titles were fantastic games!

I heard Black and White were rather good, but maybe I misheard :think: If anything, I'd also recommend Platinum for a chance to nab all the Legendaries from Diamond and Pearl - which were great, also! :)

Im not a huge fan of pokemon games... but why yhe warning in black and white ones? Im afraif to play warioware since a friend of mine broke his ds playing that... back in the days i played it at GBA :D

I didn't care for black/white all that much, and neither did a lot of people I talk to. I didn't consider it all that good in comparison with past titles, considering I've enjoyed every generation up to Unova. There was, what seemed to be, an unusually large gap between the difficulty of victory road and the elite four. I never had to grind levels in a pokemon game, until I played black which I don't like doing. Not to mention there are some story elements that just fell flat for me and seemed really "out there". (I only briefly mention story because story is nowhere near as important as gameplay to me)

As for warioware, what was your friend doing that he broke it? I beat it and my DS came out fine and intact. :p I really enjoyed it, and like you I also played the gameboy advance entry which was good. I also played, and enjoyed, the wii entry. If you're into the series it's worth checking out.

Also, I just remembered that there are the Ace Attorney games which are worth a look at if you like visual novel type of games. I also think professor layton is cool if you are into puzzle games. I suppose I will also mention the Legend of Zelda games for the DS, Phantom hourglass and Spirit Tracks. I didn't like them at all, but apparently some people do. So I would say play Phantom Hourglass first (it's very obscurely linked to it's successor Spirit Tracks anyway) because even though I didn't like it, I found it 100x better than Spirit Tracks

I don't know how I forgot this, but you should DEFINITELY look into Mario Kart DS. It's my favorite entry so far. I had 8 since it launched but haven't played it yet :D

Edited by luffybuggy
updated list

I heard Black and White were rather good, but maybe I misheard :think: If anything, I'd also recommend Platinum for a chance to nab all the Legendaries from Diamond and Pearl - which were great, also! :)

Like Sonic said, they just felt like they missed something. Unova was the region I stopped playing pokemon and after XY I came back to play Black 2 just because I had missed it. If your a fan of pokemon gameplay, you'll still enjoy they but compared to other games they fall short quite a bit as they tried to add lots of new small features but it didn't work all that well.

Other good games are Mario Kart, the world ends with you, okamiden and Mario bros.

Like Sonic said, they just felt like they missed something. Unova was the region I stopped playing pokemon and after XY I came back to play Black 2 just because I had missed it. If your a fan of pokemon gameplay, you'll still enjoy they but compared to other games they fall short quite a bit as they tried to add lots of new small features but it didn't work all that well.

That is a shame to say the least :(