[Wii U] Mario Party 10 (Nintendo)

vava

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

– no solo mode

– in amiibo party, while moving on boards, you have to tap the amiibo to GamePad to use your dice, roulette wheels and more

– one token lets you summon stars all across the board

– another token lets you double the coins you earn in one select minigame

– another token lets you swap places with one other person

– swap and save tokens to your amiibo

– collect character tokens to unlock board part

– you don’t need any additional amiibo to unlock extra boards

– pieces are locked to the one specific amiibo you save the tokens to

– Mario Party mode has surprises along the way in the form of traditional events

– no more special Captain spaces or the Bowser Jr. minigames

– Bowser and Lucky and Unlucky spaces return

– you can no longer choose what miningames you will play

– midway and end points still have you battling a boss

– five boards in total

– boards are standard grass land in Mushroom Park, a spooky environment with Haunted Trail, an underwater world called Whimsical Waters, a sky high experience with Airship Central and your lava finale in the Chaos Castle

– Bowser Party uses three of the five boards

– Boswer can place traps on the playing field

– the player team can try to steal dice blocks from Bowser

Mario Party 10 - another round of details on various modes | GoNintendo - What are YOU waiting for?

• 3 weeks later...

Mario Party has been one of my favorite franchises since my first Nintendo home console, Gamecube. There has been no game in the series to date that has done better than 8/10, but reviews be damned because they don't mean anything so long as you enjoy it. They do help outline many positive and/or negative aspects of any given game, but alone they shouldn't be a deciding factor. :)

I've been committed to the series since Mario Party 4, and there have been ups and downs. I feel Nintendo is still trying to figure out the series, which gives them room for innovation, good or bad. The car is meant to streamline the overall experience for every player, which I do not agree with. It offers little replay value, and it does not allow each player to have their own unique experience. It's like riding the same ride in an amusement park but in a different seat each time, slightly different but still the same.

I do like how Mario Party 10 is asymmetric, with Bowser against the other players, but again the car makes it like an amusement park ride, varying based on what Bowser does (a step up from Mario Party 9 in that respect). I will say in its defense, though, the car system works the best for an asymmetric game, considering if it was absent, Bowser would be free to bully individual players opposed to the group.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. I don't have anyone to play with any longer, though. There is amiibo Party I can play with my (future) amiibo, which looks fun.

Edited by Masashi

I think that playing as Bowser might be neat. It'd be worth a rental for that.

It's not. This mario party is actually quite bad. I haven't bought one since 2 but I've played 4 and 6. I tried to give it a chance but nope.

I have a video but I'm waiting on some artwork before I upload it. Lmao

It's not. This mario party is actually quite bad. I haven't bought one since 2 but I've played 4 and 6. I tried to give it a chance but nope.

I have a video but I'm waiting on some artwork before I upload it. Lmao

I watched a Let's Play on YouTube. That convinced me to take it off my GameFly list. Which one did they swap the regular stars for mini stars? I forget.

I watched a Let's Play on YouTube. That convinced me to take it off my GameFly list. Which one did they swap the regular stars for mini stars? I forget.

Yea it's mini stars. The only person that gets the yellow star is the winner. Mini games are bland and boring, there's a lot of random nonsense that can really change the flow of the game, and winning basically comes down to blind luck. The game is worth a rental at best

Agreed.

Apparently I need friends to play. Fuck that.

>Buys party game

>Wants to play alone

But seriously I agree with you guys. Not specifically this game because I stopped giving a shit like around 3 or 4 but Nintendo games in general.

Reading Splatoon details I was all;

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy216/TheSuperCrasher/WWE/9ayqtz.gif

Then I started to;

http://media.giphy.com/media/yr2qSstSRwTug/giphy.gif