Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

• 10 months later...
I'm sure they made a mistake with the name, and what they really meant was Persona :whistle:
I imagine it was meant to be a cross-over game similar to the likes of Namco x Capcom but instead evolved into the new FE game and the trailer you linked to. The original announcement was before SMT4 I believe too, so upon seeing those sales outside Japan they figured they wouldn't get much doing a cross-over.

I'm confused. So is this more of a cross over in terms of gameplay? That trailer basically looked like persona but with fire emblem-ish costumes. From what I'm seeing, is it just the costumes and possibly the tactical style gameplay that will "cross over"? Was hoping to see some fire emblem characters or fire emblem lore of some kind. Doesn't mean there won't be, but that trailer gave me doubts.

And this does seem to be more like persona than shin megami tensei. (At least going by the style of the art and characters) I played SMT4 on the 3ds and to be honest, I didn't care for it.

Edited by luffybuggy

Didn't they create Persona because casual babies couldn't handle SMT? Why have they turned SMT into a casual baby game?

Have you played Persona 1 and 2? Those games are just as difficult/grindy as Megaten.

I'm confused. So is this more of a cross over in terms of gameplay? That trailer basically looked like persona but with fire emblem-ish costumes. From what I'm seeing, is it just the costumes and possibly the tactical style gameplay that will "cross over"? Was hoping to see some fire emblem characters or fire emblem lore of some kind. Doesn't mean there won't be, but that trailer gave me doubts.

According to this Japanese article I was reading last night, the game is now just taking inspiration from both series as opposed to directly being tied to any previous existing characters. At least that is the case from my understanding.

According to this Japanese article I was reading last night, the game is now just taking inspiration from both series as opposed to directly being tied to any previous existing characters. At least that is the case from my understanding.

Ah, ok. That clears things up a bit. I was wondering because the trailer looked like an entirely new concept that had some elements inspired by both series but nothing directly tied to both series. Thanks cookie.

• 3 months later...