Super Smash Bros 3DS (Q2 14) and Wii U (Q4 14)

I'm definitely looking forward to the new Super Smash Bros. Yoshi was finally confirmed for it in today's Nintendo Direct. However...they did something I'm not sure is a very good move. The 3DS version will be released this summer. However, the Wii U version won't be released until winter:

Super Smash Bros. 3DS, Wii U Release Windows Revealed - IGN

That means that most people will just get it on 3DS and Wii U sales will likely take a hit. Not very smart, Nintendo!

Edited by ShadowStar83x

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why Nintendo is releasing the Wii U version later is because they want to make that version the superior one. That way, more people will be inclined to play this game on the Wii U, rather than on the 3DS. It's not as dumb of a strategy as you think.

Anyway, I'll be getting the 3DS version. I'm not buying a Wii U just for one game.

The reason why Nintendo is releasing the Wii U version later is because they want to make that version the superior one. That way, more people will be inclined to play this game on the Wii U, rather than on the 3DS. It's not as dumb of a strategy as you think.
Perhaps, but I am a bit pessimistic because a lot of games I thought would move consoles didn't. I'll be happy if I'm wrong, though.

If there is no story mode, does that mean that it's solely focus around multiplayer? I don't know about everyone else, but I kind of enjoyed the Subspace Emissary from Brawl, maybe because that was the first SSB game I played.

I enjoyed the Subspace Emissary as well. Brawl was my first SSB game as well. I heard that they removed the story mode from SSB4 as a way to punish fans for leaking parts of the game on the internet.

I enjoyed the Subspace Emissary as well. Brawl was my first SSB game as well. I heard that they removed the story mode from SSB4 as a way to punish fans for leaking parts of the game on the internet.

I'm not sure if that's the exact reason, but I know it's going to be replaced with "Smash Run" this time, at least on the 3DS version.

Huh? No storymode? Thats what made Brawl so damn great. Without a decent one no matter how good the fighting game, theres only so many times you can play arcade or get your ass whooped online. Oh well thats a massive shame because thats what I was looking forward to the most. Ill still get the 3DS version but now my hopes have dropped a bit.

Huh? No storymode? Thats what made Brawl so damn great. Without a decent one no matter how good the fighting game, theres only so many times you can play arcade or get your ass whooped online. Oh well thats a massive shame because thats what I was looking forward to the most. Ill still get the 3DS version but now my hopes have dropped a bit.

I don't think the story made the game, it was good but there were so many features that made it great other than subspace. The great roster, the diverse levels, and the AMAZING FEATURE to customize your music. There was a large selection of music and they allowed you to customize how often you would hear one or the other. Those are the features that keep me playing brawl today (I've had it since release and own every smash bros game. Brawl is still my favorite)