Pokemon X and Y - Choosing your starter pokemon

NDO95

After learning that you will be able to choose 2 starter pokemon in these games I have been hit with a dilemma, I've wanted to choose Fennekin because it's the only one i'm interested in and I also haven't used a fire starter over the last few games.

I'm now torn between choosing a 6th gen starter and a 1st gen, since it was announced that you can get 1st gen then i've wanted to choose Charmander because it was my favourite when I was a kid, but it wouldn't be the best idea to have 2 fire types in a party, but it also might be good to have Charizard as my flying pokemon :(

So, which 2 starters will you choose?

Charmander obviously because who wouldn't and probably Froakie to have a water type aswell.

Charmander is the obvious choice for me as well but I don't just want to take away the experience of a new starter in place of an old one, I've had a little bit of interest in Froakie after seeing his 2nd stage evolution but i've used water type for the past 2 generations

Why not choose both? Charizard can be fire predominantly and fennekin can be psychic..

I for one will be choosing chespin only. No gen 1 starter, I want to choose only g6 pokes

I was thinking this, I like to have a psychic type in my party and charizard would be useful for Fly as well...

I think I'm going to go with Froakie, as I want to get Charmander and all 3 stages look the best. I do want to choose Fennekin, but I might just get another game (X to Y, or Y to X) just to play the different protagonist and choose the variety of different Pokémon.

I started with Froakie, as I start with a water pokemon first time around EVERY generation. I got the Torchic from mystery gift, so got Bulbasaur for balance, but it's since been removed from my squad. Current Squad:

Greninja

(Mega)Gengar

Raichu

(Mega)Blaziken

Meowstic

Talonflame

Obviously this is very provisional at this point.

I chose Froakie, only because when i was planning my team, i wanted Fletching and he was a Fire/Flying, so there was no need for Fennekin. Then i wanted a Gogoat because i saw that you could ride one in the Trailers and i thought that was amazing, so he was Grass type so there was no need for Chespin. All that was left was Froakie, and hes not even a bad pokemon. Hes pretty cool, i liked his 3rd evolved form.