[Wii U] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal)

vava

Watch Dogs Wii U listed by GameStop, Amazon & Best Buy

Watch Dogs could be heading to Wii U, according to a product page listed by GameStop, Amazon and Best Buy.

The listing comes as GameStop promotional material listed Watch Dogs for release on “all home consoles” last week. See it here.

http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/02/Watch-Dogs-Wii-U-pre-order.jpg

However,GameStop has now listed the game specifically for Wii U, pricing pre-orders at $59.99. No release date has been given.

Amazon also have Watch Dogs listed for Wii U, as do Best Buy.

Watch Dogs Wii U port handled by Ubisoft Bucharest

Nevertheless, Guay confirmed that the Wii U version would feature the same social connectivity options expected to ship with other platforms, including cross-device play.

"So the connectivity between players with mobile devices, the way you can control the city, the immersion, all those are core and on any platforms we're going to ship on we're going to make sure we nail those pillars down," said Guay.

"We're still investigating how we'll use the tablet on the Wii U, but with the things I mentioned before, for us it's not going to be a weird stretch.

"Aiden Pearce is using a device to control the city, so it's quite easy to imagine what we could do with that."

Ubisoft Bucharest has prior experience in working with Wii U. The studio previously collaborated with Ubisoft Montpellier on the development of Wii U launch title ZombiU.

• 1 year later...

I don't mean to be that person in the room, but did Ubisoft actually state that Watch_Dogs is coming to the Wii U? Because this is the first time I'm hearing of this. And a lot of developers aren't too fond for developing for the Wii U, probably because it's not as popular compared to the other new consoles.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Could you elaborate on that? UbiSoft has supported the Wii U since launch and made great games for it. If they're not selling and the console is failing what more can they do?

They will not make more games such AC for Wii U! :(

- - -

Watch Dogs will launch for Wii U on November 18 in North America and November 20 in Europe, Ubisoft announced.

Watch Dogs Wii U release date announced - Gematsu

Could you elaborate on that? UbiSoft has supported the Wii U since launch and made great games for it. If they're not selling and the console is failing what more can they do?
Ubi said that no more mature titles will be released for Wii U after Watch Dogs, so basically Just Dance and crap like that. That being said, I'll get Watch Dogs for Wii U in hopes it might do something to change their minds.

Ubi said that no more mature titles will be released for Wii U after Watch Dogs, so basically Just Dance and crap like that. That being said, I'll get Watch Dogs for Wii U in hopes it might do something to change their minds.

My apologies to you both, my original comment is vague.

I know they're not making any more mature titles for the Wii U, it's just can you blame them really?

Wii U sales in the toilet. Of the 6m or so who bought a Wii U I'd say the vast majority are hardcore Nintendo fans who wouldn't touch non Nintendo IP's on the console.

In fairness, UbiSoft was pretty generous with what they released.

Zombie U is a criminally underrated title. A shame it bombed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ubisoft on Watch Dogs Wii U – maintain the experience with Wii U advantages

An interactive map and off-TV play are two prominent features that the Wii U version of Watch Dogs contains. Ubisoft Bucharest experimented with other ideas, though “some of them just didn’t work.” The interactive map was ultimately chosen as the best option.

Ubisoft Bucharest producer Florin Sanda told NintendoWorldReport, “Our focus was in re-creating the same experience as on the other platforms, while taking advantage of what the Wii U has to offer.” The interactive map will come in handy as “exploration is key” in Watch Dogs.

• 1 month later...

FFS!

Most Wii U games allow players to take screenshots and share them on Miiverse. For whatever reason, this isn’t the case of Watch Dogs.

Multiple users on Miiverse have noted that there isn’t a way to post screenshots to the new Watch Dogs community. Additionally, it seems that photos can’t be shared on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr through Nintendo’s image sharing website.

I can’t really see why Ubisoft wouldn’t want people to put up photos from the Wii U version of Watch Dogs online. It looks to be a fairly competent port!

Watch Dogs doesn't allow for screenshot sharing - Nintendo Everything